Postpartum Progesterone issues

linz

Hi, new member here. I’ve been healing my metabolism for about nine months now and had a baby 3 months ago. It seems my body is wanting to ovulate but is taking weeks to do so and I’m having spotting intermittently. This happened before discovering Peat, and seems to be a sign of estrogen dominance for me. I would like to supplement progesterone to help my body out as I know I am still eliminating built up estrogen.

Two nights ago I dosed 40mg before bed and experienced a few hours of alertness and a fast heart rate. I ate honey and cheese and that helped quite a bit. Not wanting to experience that again I skipped yesterday and dosed 20mg this morning. I’ve had a headache all day and I began spotting!

I know I’ve read somewhere that progesterone can activate estrogen and also that dosing high at first can help alleviate estrogen dominance symptoms, but I cannot find the source and I don’t know if I should after that weird night episode. I’m also reading that beginning low dosage can help some people. Is that what I should do?

Does anyone have experience with this and/or has anyone used a doctor (maybe functional medicine doctor) to help them with dosage?
Thank you for any help!

Mito

I know I’ve read somewhere that progesterone can activate estrogen and also that dosing high at first can help alleviate estrogen dominance symptoms
According to Peat, progesterone activates the enzyme system that transfers sulfate and glucuronic acid onto the estrogen molecule making it water soluble so that it leaves the cell and can be excreted via urine or bile.

Peat wrote a section on progesterone dosing in this newsletter Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals