Progesterone made me fat

Peatful

How interesting… I wonder why starch?!?
For me personally: it was absolutely necessary in my recovery.

Had a much much much easier time regulating my blood sugar using starch. And root vegetables in particular were great for bulk and movement of bowels to help unburden my liver, among other advantages.

Peatful

For me personally: it was absolutely necessary in my recovery.

Had a much much much easier time regulating my blood sugar using starch. And root vegetables in particular were great for bulk and movement of bowels to help unburden my liver, among other advantages.
Addendum:

In simplified terms-

When bs is balanced. You are calming your adrenals down. Calm adrenals mean they can produce progesterone for you.

teds

Forum Supporter
Addendum:

In simplified terms-

When bs is balanced. You are calming your adrenals down. Calm adrenals mean they can produce progesterone for you.
Yeah cool. I just hadn’t considered that starch would be better at doing that than fructose/glucose etc. I definitely struggle to remove starch completely. I just don’t feel full (that would be the bulk factor ?). Thanks.

pushkin

tell me how you made 25lbs of mostly muscle in 6 monthes just going on a "peaty diet" and beiing prolly sedentary

because even people on the magic juice, training smart, hard and eating good won't make it lol

don't want to be condescedant but hey man, you just put on fat (you won't grow your hands/finger with muscle weight, you just got fatter)

I am not sure how I did it but I have sculpted muscles on thighs and arms now where there was nothing before. I am strong too. Zero weights or training apart from squeezing +10 oranges a day, I am not saying that every single ounce of that weight gain was muscle. I know my fingers have prob gained fat - but it could be water retention idk. All I am saying is that I feel a whole lot better about my body than before and if it is progesterone, then I have gained weight allover rather than in one place and that weight feels solid like muscle. I would not like to lose that weight again and go back to being a spindle. I would like to lose a little more from my middle sure - I had that weight there before I discovered Peat, I think it is prob a result of stored pufas, lockdown belly and/or low thyroid function as I have had it for about two years.

Matestube

I am not sure how I did it but I have sculpted muscles on thighs and arms now where there was nothing before. I am strong too. Zero weights or training apart from squeezing +10 oranges a day, I am not saying that every single ounce of that weight gain was muscle. I know my fingers have prob gained fat - but it could be water retention idk. All I am saying is that I feel a whole lot better about my body than before and if it is progesterone, then I have gained weight allover rather than in one place and that weight feels solid like muscle. I would not like to lose that weight again and go back to being a spindle. I would like to lose a little more from my middle sure - I had that weight there before I discovered Peat, I think it is prob a result of stored pufas, lockdown belly and/or low thyroid function as I have had it for about two years.

Could you please make a list of things you think were the biggest contributors to this transformation?
Was progesterone one of them?

pushkin

Could you please make a list of things you think were the biggest contributors to this transformation?
Was progesterone one of them?

I suspect collagen, thyroid, sugar, progesterone, pregnenolone, K2, I also upped my fat intake by drinking whole raw milk and eat mainly oj, fruit, dairy and shellfish. I am a 52 yo woman, I was underweight for most of my life = 60 kilos (9 stone 4) I am 176 cm height (5 foot 9), when I became hypothyroid and we went into lockdown, I increased to 66 kilos (which was not muscle just fat around my middle) and when I started *peating* six months ago, I gained more weight, which this time was muscle on my arms and legs with a decrease of belly fat). My heaviest was 72 kilos (11 stone, 3) for a couple of weeks. My weight is now coming down very slowly (currently 70 kilos) after I added raw cacao butter twice a day to my hot chocolate and started eating cooked oats in the morning - and this weight seems to be coming off my waist which is firming up and getting smaller. Very slowly however. I feel compact and muscular, strong and well. There's still room to improve though as although my pulse is very good, I could do with a little increase in temps.

Last edited:
OP
A

august4

hi @august4 how are you doing now may I ask?
Wow thanks for asking. Still struggling. My weight has stopped climbing at least. I have dropped 1 whole pound by not eating dessert for 3 weeks. Whoopdedo. Currently I have super sore breasts and the lymph nodes in my armpits are very swollen and tender. My cycle is still completely jacked up. I am not even ovulating anymore. And my period may come a week late, who knows when ?‍♀️. I am a mess as you can see.

pushkin

Wow thanks for asking. Still struggling. My weight has stopped climbing at least. I have dropped 1 whole pound by not eating dessert for 3 weeks. Whoopdedo. Currently I have super sore breasts and the lymph nodes in my armpits are very swollen and tender. My cycle is still completely jacked up. I am not even ovulating anymore. And my period may come a week late, who knows when ?‍♀️. I am a mess as you can see.
oh wow, I am sorry to hear that, I personally know that 1 pound can feel quite pathetic in the scheme of things but at least you are moving in the right direction and actually it can be better to lose weight slowly although it can feel frustrating. I was just wondering if you are taking progesterone again? I have a feeling that you're not.

OP
A

august4

oh wow, I am sorry to hear that, I personally know that 1 pound can feel quite pathetic in the scheme of things but at least you are moving in the right direction and actually it can be better to lose weight slowly although it can feel frustrating. I was just wondering if you are taking progesterone again? I have a feeling that you're not.
??? Ummm no never again. In fact the more I think about it the more preposterous it seems that we should try to outsmart our body.

pushkin

When I took lower doses of progesterone, I got symptoms of estrogen dominance including breast tenderness and swelling and weight gain. When I increased the dose, things were immensely better and I actually lost weight. It was hard because I became very sedated. I stopped it for a while and was fine, but now am starting a high dose protocol for another reason (medication-induced injury). No weight gain thus far.

May I ask what the dose was that you were initially on and the dose you increased to? Are you still doing it and if so how is it going? And do you still have reference to the original thread where you found out the info? Also did you do extra liver/colon work whilst taking it? thank you.

May I ask what the dose was that you were initially on and the dose you increased to? Are you still doing it and if so how is it going? And do you still have reference to the original thread where you found out the info? Also did you do extra liver/colon work whilst taking it? thank you.
I was taking 50mg when I became estrogen dominant. When I increased to 400mg, all symptoms went away. Before I knew that I had low progesterone, I was prescribed a low dose benzo for sleep. I had horrible side effects and was taken off cold turkey after a few months. I developed akathisia, extreme fear and it was a true horror. I was then put on pregabalin to calm down my brain. It helped, but I want to be drug free. To help repair major brain trauma, I am now taking about 2000mg of progesterone a day, and have for about 4 months. It is working, but very slowly, as I cannot just stop pregabalin. It's horrific. I don't do any extra liver or colon work, as those organs seem to be fine. I do take high dose thiamine, riboflavin, naicin, magnesium and B12 along with the other vitamins and minerals, as well as a Peaty diet.

pushkin

I was taking 50mg when I became estrogen dominant. When I increased to 400mg, all symptoms went away. Before I knew that I had low progesterone, I was prescribed a low dose benzo for sleep. I had horrible side effects and was taken off cold turkey after a few months. I developed akathisia, extreme fear and it was a true horror. I was then put on pregabalin to calm down my brain. It helped, but I want to be drug free. To help repair major brain trauma, I am now taking about 2000mg of progesterone a day, and have for about 4 months. It is working, but very slowly, as I cannot just stop pregabalin. It's horrific. I don't do any extra liver or colon work, as those organs seem to be fine. I do take high dose thiamine, riboflavin, naicin, magnesium and B12 along with the other vitamins and minerals, as well as a Peaty diet.

Ah thank you for sharing your journey, wow, that's tough. You certainly seem to have done a ton of research and are making small but significant steps. I hope it all works out well for you and you are able to be drug free one day - don't lose hope. I shall try to up the dosage myself I think although I am actually nervous that I will put on more weight but I have to give it a go. I have only been dabbling with progesterone for the past 8 months, neither here nor there (about 15mg a day) and so far I have been unable to lose the spare tyre round my middle although I am happy with my weight right now. I think I need to up my thyroid too as I run a little cold most days. thank you again.

gd81

I was using smoky mountain naturals Progesto-life

What ingredients are in Smoky Mountain Naturals Progesto-Life?

Black Cohosh – Black cohosh, also known as black snakeroot or bugbane, is a medicinal root. It is used to treat women’s hormone-related symptoms, including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menstrual cramps, and menopausal symptoms.

Soy Isoflavones – Soy is high in isoflavones. Isoflavones are a type of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens are chemicals found in plants that work like estrogens.

Dong Quai – Native to the high mountains of China, Korea, and Japan, dong quai has been used for centuries and is one of the most widely used herbs in traditional Chinese medicine. It is mainly used to help with women’s health issues, including treating menopause symptoms.

This is not a good progesterone product. It's full of garbage ingredients, some of which are stated to be estrogenic and contains no decent solvent that would ensure the progesterone is actually absorbed.

In Peat's latest interview with Patrick Timpone he had a question from a listener who asked why they gained weight using a progesterone cream similar to this one.

OP
A

august4

Black Cohosh – Black cohosh, also known as black snakeroot or bugbane, is a medicinal root. It is used to treat women’s hormone-related symptoms, including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menstrual cramps, and menopausal symptoms.

Soy Isoflavones – Soy is high in isoflavones. Isoflavones are a type of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens are chemicals found in plants that work like estrogens.

Dong Quai – Native to the high mountains of China, Korea, and Japan, dong quai has been used for centuries and is one of the most widely used herbs in traditional Chinese medicine. It is mainly used to help with women’s health issues, including treating menopause symptoms.

This is not a good progesterone product. It's full of garbage ingredients, some of which are stated to be estrogenic and contains no decent solvent that would ensure the progesterone is actually absorbed.

In Peat's latest interview with Patrick Timpone he had a question from a listener who asked why they gained weight using a progesterone cream similar to this one.
Wonderful ? well I can tell you it was definitely being absorbed...

gd81

Wonderful ? well I can tell you it was definitely being absorbed...

Ray:

"he was essentially absorbing none...the creams are...with the greatest attention and rubbing in you might absorb as much as 10% of what you put on but usually it's less than that"

Cloudhands

my girlfriend has terrible endometriosis and a uterine septate, causing more endo due to increased surface area of her uteris. She uses progesterone from health natura during the 2nd part of her period and it has helped IMMENSELY. She has lost weight as well since starting it, but we also exercise so it cannot be attributed to the progesterone. Her period has become super easy and normal. Im not sure what your situation implies, but to say that were outsmarting our bodies by using these medicines isnt right, its more like were outsmarting our toxic environment by using these. Id suggest trying a more pure product in larger doses, but i understand if youre very scared of starting again after your experience.

Ah thank you for sharing your journey, wow, that's tough. You certainly seem to have done a ton of research and are making small but significant steps. I hope it all works out well for you and you are able to be drug free one day - don't lose hope. I shall try to up the dosage myself I think although I am actually nervous that I will put on more weight but I have to give it a go. I have only been dabbling with progesterone for the past 8 months, neither here nor there (about 15mg a day) and so far I have been unable to lose the spare tyre round my middle although I am happy with my weight right now. I think I need to up my thyroid too as I run a little cold most days. thank you again.
I hope it all goes well for you! Progesterone increases metabolism and is a diuretic on its own, but I always feel like it's interaction with estrogen makes it tricky. Still, if only doctors prescribed progesterone instead of drugs, we'd all be so much better off.

RealNeat

Yes, what I was going to say, Ray has spoken out about those creams multiple times, however even Progest E can cause estrogen symptoms if not properly eliminated (the estrogen)

OP you seem to have joined RPF recently, I don't know when you started the RP lifestyle but if it's around the same time you started the progesterone cream it could have been the diet more than the cream. People don't realize how calorie rich the Peat inspired diet can be. Lowering fat helps a lot of people control their weight. Just using skim milk instead of whole is a huge caloric reduction, especially if drinking the quantities Ray suggests.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals