Progesterone made me fat

Beastmode

Anything that lowers stress might reveal where you metabolic system is truly at. Very common for people who start the Peat based approach to experience weight gain if not progressed properly. I gained around 25 lbs in the first 1-2 years. At or around 13-15 lbs over what I was when first starting and feel solid now that my metabolic system is so much better and not running on stress hormones predominately.

OP
A

august4

You're welcome :)
Are you taking K2 mk4 or mk7 ? I started mk7 a few days ago and it feels totally different from MK4.
Super K from life extension which has both and then some extra mk-7. what have you noticed?

OP
A

august4

Definitely agree with mk7 I’m taking the one from Jarrows which has 180mcg per capsule. I pop 2 a day and the hubby has 3-4

113 how tall are you? I’m 45, 5’5 and 127 but feel healthier at 130 ?
I'm 39, 5'4". If I had more muscle on me I wouldn't mind weighing more. It's not so much about the number for me but when hardly any of your clothes fit it's a no go!

OP
A

august4

Anything that lowers stress might reveal where you metabolic system is truly at. Very common for people who start the Peat based approach to experience weight gain if not progressed properly. I gained around 25 lbs in the first 1-2 years. At or around 13-15 lbs over what I was when first starting and feel solid now that my metabolic system is so much better and not running on stress hormones predominately.
I am looking forward to the day when my system is calmer and not running on stress hormones. I feel like i have been pretty much my whole life! I think once I get this estrogen dominance situation fixed things will be a lot better and I will see more progress. Yes it seems like about 90% of us gain weight in the beginning. I didn't care when it was a little bit because I felt better and that matters more for sure!

teds

Forum Supporter
@august4 curious as the where you’re feeling the weight gain? Face, stomach? Any sense of that?
I agree with above advice of working on liver.
After you’re feeling back to normal you may want to try the progest-e formula which doesn’t have any additives. Obviously totally your call.

Waynish

Indeed it does not make sense that one molecule is the antidote to the excess of another molecule... It is also puzzling that a wild yam would have the same progesterone molecule as a human female. Or that the "vitamin E" from soy is the same thing as "vitamin E" from beef. I realize the "science is settled," but it doesn't really help that Peat claims to be against reductionism when recommending things that can only really be verified via reductionism. Only in this paradigm can a molecule be "good" or "bad." I'm still waiting for people to show in simple chemistry experiments "on video @ home" that you can use estrogen, progesterone, vitamins, etc to cause predictable results across cultures. Cultures of food, animals, etc. Reductionism doesn't suddenly work when it is being used within the "bioenergetic model" - but when someone gets to use a fancy word describing something invisible they know about that is curative, then how could they resist but to use it to prop themselves & their views up? ("Molecules" are invisible to the human eye, of course.)

Brandin

Well I hope it is! My diet did not change after I started the Progesterone cream. Although just recently the last 4 days I started adding in beans and psyllium powder *gasp* to get rid of excess estrogen. And I can actually already tell a difference. Only positive things so far. I've been doing that carrot salad for almost 9 months and I never could tell a difference.
beans is estrogenic

Brandin

Indeed it does not make sense that one molecule is the antidote to the excess of another molecule... It is also puzzling that a wild yam would have the same progesterone molecule as a human female. Or that the "vitamin E" from soy is the same thing as "vitamin E" from beef. I realize the "science is settled," but it doesn't really help that Peat claims to be against reductionism when recommending things that can only really be verified via reductionism. Only in this paradigm can a molecule be "good" or "bad." I'm still waiting for people to show in simple chemistry experiments "on video @ home" that you can use estrogen, progesterone, vitamins, etc to cause predictable results across cultures. Cultures of food, animals, etc. Reductionism doesn't suddenly work when it is being used within the "bioenergetic model" - but when someone gets to use a fancy word describing something invisible they know about that is curative, then how could they resist but to use it to prop themselves & their views up? ("Molecules" are invisible to the human eye, of course.)
Reductionism is usually reffering to oversimplifying things. Even in the case where one doesnt oversimplify things there will be "good" and "bad" molecules...

OP
A

august4

@august4 curious as the where you’re feeling the weight gain? Face, stomach? Any sense of that?
I agree with above advice of working on liver.
After you’re feeling back to normal you may want to try the progest-e formula which doesn’t have any additives. Obviously totally your call.
Oh yes I definitely have a sense of that ?Mostly lower body so butt hips thighs and stomach.

Peatful

No I currently weigh 139. I was about 113 previously. I felt that was a healthy weight for me. I usually fluctuated between that and 120 on the high side. Yes I take vitamin E everyday extra if I eat PUFA at a restaurant.
This holds your answer.

Mauritio

Super K from life extension which has both and then some extra mk-7. what have you noticed?
It's too early to tell. So ask me again in two weeks. But it looks promising.

pushkin

I put on 25lbs in six months of doing a peat inspired diet. Today I had to take off my wedding ring as my fingers are now so thick I was worried it may have to be cut off if I leave it on any longer. I think if someone told me I will lose that weight again I would be afraid as I realise I was spindly before, i had zero muscle anywhere, my children used to call me 'twig fingers'. I have muscle now. My waist is still too thick but it is shapely not saggy, everywhere else feels strong. I have been taking progesterone for six months (progestene 9 drops a day). I assumed that this weight (muscle) gain was a result of this diet and not an isolated substance, I never thought it could be progesterone?

Peatful

Can you elaborate?
Yes.

But im out currently with one kid.
Will need time to respond- nor have I actually read the thread in full.

Can do as able.

Peatful

OP
A

august4

I put on 25lbs in six months of doing a peat inspired diet. Today I had to take off my wedding ring as my fingers are now so thick I was worried it may have to be cut off if I leave it on any longer. I think if someone told me I will lose that weight again I would be afraid as I realise I was spindly before, i had zero muscle anywhere, my children used to call me 'twig fingers'. I have muscle now. My waist is still too thick but it is shapely not saggy, everywhere else feels strong. I have been taking progesterone for six months (progestene 9 drops a day). I assumed that this weight (muscle) gain was a result of this diet and not an isolated substance, I never thought it could be progesterone?
Well if it's muscle and not fat and you're pleased with how you look I guess it doesn't matter? All positive things ?

OP
A

august4

Are you familiar with this data?

No I wasn't. I read that, it was interesting. Thx for sharing.

PaRa

tell me how you made 25lbs of mostly muscle in 6 monthes just going on a "peaty diet" and beiing prolly sedentary

because even people on the magic juice, training smart, hard and eating good won't make it lol

don't want to be condescedant but hey man, you just put on fat (you won't grow your hands/finger with muscle weight, you just got fatter)

teds

Forum Supporter
How interesting… I wonder why starch?!?
Are you familiar with this data?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals