Recurring uterine polyps, help?

Rtm320

Hi all, feeling a little defeated here and would appreciate any insight, advice or shared experience. Thank-you in advance. A bit of background… 37 y/o female, no children (yet, I am hopeful) Last year in 2020 i dealt with breakthrough bleeding (spotting around ovulation) for about 6 months before finally seeing a doctor who conducted an ultrasound and found uterine polyps. I had a d&c to remove them. Recovered well and my symptoms disappeared. Almost a year to the day I had my procedure I experienced the breakthrough bleeding again. I’ve now had two cycles with mid month spotting. Have an appointment this week to discuss and I am assuming that the polyps have returned and I’ll probably need another procedure. Trying not to spiral here too much. I’ve experimented with progesterone before (Health Natura) but maybe not consistently enough and always in the luteal phase mimicking my cycle. As I understand it, they aren’t sure why polyps develop but estrogen may be a likely culprit. Hoping someone might share some insight as to how I may be able to treat this with progesterone to avoid this happening again or needing to have a procedure every year. Praying it isnt something more serious and really hoping to preserve and restore fertility. Thank-you again, wishing everyone well with whatever you may be dealing with at this time!

nieciadunn

I agree with the above poster about looking first at diet. Do you consume a lot of PUFAs? How’s your blood sugar? Do you get enough high quality animal protein? These are all questions I’d ask.

Vitamin E, carrot salad, well cooked mushrooms, and anything that encourages progesterone production (Retinol, saturated fats, whole food vitamin C) can be helping for antagonizing estrogen. In my experience in the mid thirties this takes awhile.

You could also try pregnenolone.

OP
R

Rtm320

I agree with the above poster about looking first at diet. Do you consume a lot of PUFAs? How’s your blood sugar? Do you get enough high quality animal protein? These are all questions I’d ask.

Vitamin E, carrot salad, well cooked mushrooms, and anything that encourages progesterone production (Retinol, saturated fats, whole food vitamin C) can be helping for antagonizing estrogen. In my experience in the mid thirties this takes awhile.

You could also try pregnenolone.
Thank-you so much for your reply. I eat pretty ‘Peaty’ eggs everyday, fruit, juice, potatos, varying protein. I am inconsistent with the carrot salad, which I know is helpful with eliminating excess estrogen. Thanks again for reply!

belcanto

Hi all, feeling a little defeated here and would appreciate any insight, advice or shared experience. Thank-you in advance. A bit of background… 37 y/o female, no children (yet, I am hopeful) Last year in 2020 i dealt with breakthrough bleeding (spotting around ovulation) for about 6 months before finally seeing a doctor who conducted an ultrasound and found uterine polyps. I had a d&c to remove them. Recovered well and my symptoms disappeared. Almost a year to the day I had my procedure I experienced the breakthrough bleeding again. I’ve now had two cycles with mid month spotting. Have an appointment this week to discuss and I am assuming that the polyps have returned and I’ll probably need another procedure. Trying not to spiral here too much. I’ve experimented with progesterone before (Health Natura) but maybe not consistently enough and always in the luteal phase mimicking my cycle. As I understand it, they aren’t sure why polyps develop but estrogen may be a likely culprit. Hoping someone might share some insight as to how I may be able to treat this with progesterone to avoid this happening again or needing to have a procedure every year. Praying it isnt something more serious and really hoping to preserve and restore fertility. Thank-you again, wishing everyone well with whatever you may be dealing with at this time!
Hello there,

I checked Earthclinic.com and they kept referring to chanca piedra, which is also called "stone breaker." It's normally used for kidney stones and excess calcification, but this was the only remedy they mention for uterine polyps.

If your situation were uterine fibroids, then I would suggest optimizing your Vitamin D and A levels as this can make a big difference.

Best of success to you!