Progesterone made me fat

OP
A

august4

Yes, what I was going to say, Ray has spoken out about those creams multiple times, however even Progest E can cause estrogen symptoms if not properly eliminated (the estrogen)

OP you seem to have joined RPF recently, I don't know when you started the RP lifestyle but if it's around the same time you started the progesterone cream it could have been the diet more than the cream. People don't realize how calorie rich the Peat inspired diet can be. Lowering fat helps a lot of people control their weight. Just using skim milk instead of whole is a huge caloric reduction, especially if drinking the quantities Ray suggests.
Yes I gained a little weight when I started RP but immediately after starting the P cream, when I look back on my scale app, I gained about 3 lbs each week.

gd81

If you still feel you want to explore lowering estrogen quickly but are hesitant to use any progesterone product, Ray has suggested decent doses of vitamin K to people. I have personally found it better than using progesterone (though I am male so perhaps no surprises there).

There is a good article on it here-

Mauritio

What do you notice with mk7 compared to mk4?
At the beginning it gave me better liver function but that did not significantly improve after that. Ithink my mood was worse as well.
Overall it wasn't very amazing.
I'm going back to MK4...

Too much calories made you fat :-P

June

I was taking 50mg when I became estrogen dominant. When I increased to 400mg, all symptoms went away. Before I knew that I had low progesterone, I was prescribed a low dose benzo for sleep. I had horrible side effects and was taken off cold turkey after a few months. I developed akathisia, extreme fear and it was a true horror. I was then put on pregabalin to calm down my brain. It helped, but I want to be drug free. To help repair major brain trauma, I am now taking about 2000mg of progesterone a day, and have for about 4 months. It is working, but very slowly, as I cannot just stop pregabalin. It's horrific. I don't do any extra liver or colon work, as those organs seem to be fine. I do take high dose thiamine, riboflavin, naicin, magnesium and B12 along with the other vitamins and minerals, as well as a Peaty diet.
2000mg of progesterone?! What dose did you start with? And how did you work up to it? In hindsight, do you think it would have helped if you started at 2000mg from the get go?