Progesterone supplementation orally?

NatachaRose

Do you think it is safe and effective to take progesterone powder orally?

I’ve been trying to take progesterone topically but it’s not working well (I tried different brands of progesterone creams and oils)
I’ve been trying to take it under my tongue or on my gums but I always end up with insane gum inflammation.
And now that I’ve been taking it orally (just plain progesterone powder) I sense it’s working but I’m not sure if it’s really safe or if my liver will end up converting progesterone and it will make me more estrogen dominant…
What do you all think?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been using progesterone powder orally with some fat (coconut, olive or a meal with some fat) for better absorption for several years and it works well for me. It’s worth trying to see how your body responds since we are all different.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

I’ve been using progesterone powder orally with some fat (coconut, olive or a meal with some fat) for better absorption for several years and it works well for me. It’s worth trying to see how your body responds since we are all different.
It’s already working quite well actually, I was just not sure about the safety.
I’ll try taking it with a fatty meal for better absorption, thanks for the advice!

tasfarelel

This is just a guess - but if you have gum inflammation from the powder - this should not happen! I would suspect massive contamination and not take that powder at all, not in any other way.

OP
NatachaRose

NatachaRose

This is just a guess - but if you have gum inflammation from the powder - this should not happen! I would suspect massive contamination and not take that powder at all, not in any other way.
It’s not from the progesterone powder. It happened with every progesterone cream or oil I tried, even progest e.

akgrrrl

It’s not from the progesterone powder. It happened with every progesterone cream or oil I tried, even progest e.
If you are getting progest by prescription, it does not have to be the micronized powder. Mine is a round peach gel pill with oily progest inside. I break one open every now and then and put it on my face which is lovely.sorry the brand is too faded on my bottle to read.

freyasam

Would you mind telling me your source for progesterone powder?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@freyasam, I’ve been using it from Such Labs but it doesn’t seem to be available right now unfortunately. I’ll let you know if I find an alternative since I’m running low.

Coconut oil works one way orally with progesterone. Olive oil works differently as the carrier. Much better for me if I have a gut issue. If it’s dissolved in Coconut oil, doesn’t help that the stomach or gut at all. But it is definitely absorbed systematically. I feel it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@JCub369, unfortunately no. I’m still searching in my down time which isn’t as plentiful at the moment as I’d like it to be. I might have to go some other route in the meantime because I don’t seem to do well with vitamin E anymore which is in progest-e. I’ll keep y’all posted and hopefully if someone else has a source they will share the information.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals