Hello And Help With Estrogen Dominance

Baleia

Hi everyone! And thank you all for yours posts. This is my first, but I've been reading you guys since I found the forum (in July 2017).

I found it here when I was searching for an explanation why I was getting hives all over my body every time right after I took a shower. I stopped soaps/shampoos, installed a filter in shower, stopped all cosmetics and fragrances, and none of that worked. For what I read while researching I understood that it could be high histamine, and high estrogen. I was eating a paleoish/ketogenic diet (ugh), which followed my other diet experiences for the last many many years (vegetarian, macrobiotic, vegan, raw, frutarian, and lots of fasting). I was also a runner, not much, but lately 20 min running 4-6 times a week. I stopped it, and now do strengh/streching 4-5 times a week.
Based on Peat's work, I began changing my diet, and also increased my calorie intake. The hives are gone! Also, the bad eczema I had in my left hand and between fingers (painful inflamed blisters, on and off since childhood, but this last time was the most intense), which seemed impossible to get rid of, is gone.

But I have a lot of work to do still to fix my health, I guess.

I'm 45 female, and have acne since 20 yo (used prescription retinoid creams, and stopped about the same time I found out about this forum and Peat's work). Now I have rosacea (I wonder if the acne medication for all those years messed up really bad with my skin system). Rosacea got better when I was using high doses of Progest-e in my gums a few months ago, but It gives me a sore throat, so I stopped it, and rosacea got worse.
I also have varicose veins, depression, fibrocistic breasts (symptons of estrogen dominance?). I also have, since childhood, sweaty hands, feet, and armpits (which I think are related to the extreme social anxiety that I suffer, especially when I have to speak).
In pair with rosacea, my top concern right now is that I get a pounding heart at night, and it's very hard to fall asleep.

I recently went to an endocrinologist to get some labs, didn't get her to request all tests that I wanted, e.g. cortisol (she said I should be fat with a puffy face to get that), PTH, reverse T3, but got some at least. My TSH is getting higher each year (it increased from 2.97 in July 2017 to 3.61 in March 2018); prolactin is 19.9; cholesterol is now high, which never was (was 184 total/103 HDL/70 LDL in July 2017, now is 256 total/73 HDL/159 LDL). Other results are attached.
My doctor called me and said my results were great, and that I did not have any thyroid related issues! The only thing, she said, I had low iron (which was high 2 years ago according to labs), for that I should take iron capsules, and high cholesterol, for that I should cut meat and eggs!

My diet today consists of:
-3 cups orange juice
-3 cups 1% milk
-1 to 2 eggs
-collagen hydrolisate (about 40g)
-cheese (low fat mostly)
-1 can of oyster once a week
-carrot salad
-ice cream
-coke
-meet on weekends (sometimes with a tiny bit of rice or mashed potatoes)
-occasional liver (trying to eat it once a week)
-sweets (raw honey, salted caramels, meringues, mango popsicles from trader joe's, chocolate, guava paste)

My supps:
-5 drops 5a-dhp on lips at AM (it helps with mood and motivation, but maybe it's too little progesterone to make a difference in rosacea, but I cannot use more than 5 drops am, if I use more, or at pm hours, my pounding heart gets worse and I can't sleep at night)
-3 drops metergoline sublingual @PM, which makes a positive difference in sleep and mood/motivation
-400mg magnesium glycinate powder orally @PM
-2g taurine powder orally @PM
-200mg theanine @AM / 420g theanine @PM powder orally
-momentarily reintroduced a few drops of progest-e in gums + a few drops of progestelle on legs @PM in order to improve sleep (works)
-40 drops Energin orally @AM
-2 to 3 of the combo: aspirin 325mg + coffee 1 cup + caffeine 100mg + niacinamide 200mg @AM
-5 pumps Solban on face @AM
-2000 to 4000 ui D3 drops on lips @AM
-2 to 4g K2 drops on lips @AM
-5000 to 10000 ui vit A drops on lower leg @PM
-Mitolipin 10 drops orally/ 20 drops topical on leg @PM
-500mg eggshell calcium orally when eating eggs or beef

I'm doing a 2 year every 6 months mamogram/ultrasound of left breast for clusters of cists that were found last year. That was about the same time I started getting the hives. My breasts were very painful, and I began using progesterone pro-gest from emerita cream, which helped right away. Since then, I stopped the cream (don't like the smell), tried progestelle oil (good results but too much oil and too much work), started progest-e with good results in sleep and mood, but breasts enlarged and sored a bunch, despite the tiny cists reduction from 8mm to 6mm showed in my last ultrasound taken on February, and also it gave me a sore throat, so I stopped it. I'm thinking what can I do next in terms of progesterone that seems to be beneficial for me, maybe try idealabs progestene?

I still have periods, not sure if this is regular, since the last 3 months they came every 20 days (right after I stopped high doses of progest-e). I had missed periods in the past, and when I was undereating/fasting a lot, they were gone for a whole year.

My temps get higher when I increase progest-e and progestelle (around 98 wake-up orally taken temp). Pulse is usually around 75 no matter what I take or not.

Not sure if this is relevant, but my mother has reumathoid arthrits and parkinsons. I apologize if I'm sharing too much information that may not be relevant for this post.

I'm also thinking about starting thyroid (trying some tyromax, or tyromix), and cortinon, or pansterone, to address my apparent excess of estrogen, my high cholesterol, high prolactin, and high tsh.

I would highly appreciate any advice.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 25
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 23
  • page3.jpg
    page3.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 24
  • page4.jpg
    page4.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 21

meatbag

From I've read it might be good to use more vitamin d applied topically (~10%absorbed so maybe 50,000 iu topically) but what kind of D3 are you using? dhea-s looks a bit low but it seems like maybe that's due to being hypothyroid. Maybe you could try using a little dhea with the progest-e.

I seem to get good effect from topical tyronene but haven't had any blood work since I started using it.

That's cool your cysts are doing better, doesn't sound fun and I know progesterone has been specifically mentioned to help with that. You could try melting some coconut oil down and mixing the progest-e into that and applying topically or mixing it into milk/ice cream and taking it that way. I think it just irritates the throat due to the viscosity as I get the same thing from vitamin-e

OP
Baleia

Baleia

@meatbag, thanks for you reply!

The vitamin D3 that I'm using is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PFBVAC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will try to apply more, as you suggested.

I will also read more about dhea and tyronene.

If you ever used it that way, do you feel that progest-e applied topically has the same effect than applied to gums and/or orally? Do you use a greater dosage topically?

I just bought progestene from idealabs, which may have good absorption topically.

ddjd

Here's my anti estrogen list.

- exercise (important for excreting Estrogen)
- low fat diet
- methylene blue
- Androsterone
- iodine
- minocycline
- vitamin E
- vitamin A
- Progesterone
- 5adhp
- 11KetoDHT
- DHT
- b2r5p
- b1
- k2mk4
- activated charcoal
- carrots/ bamboo
- antibiotics
- phytol (gonadin)
- methionine
- selenium
- Melanon
- pau D'arco
- white button mushrooms
- chamomile
- cyproheptadine
- Naringenin
- Apigenin
- milk thistle

OP
Baleia

Baleia

@haidut and @Blossom

I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post.

I think you guys are very knowledgeable about prolactin, so I would like to ask you one question.

I just read at https://labtestsonline.org/tests/prolactin that the sample should be collected 3 to 4 hours after waking. Do you think I should test it again, since for my initial test (results above) the sample was collected about 2 hours after waking? Do you believe this will make a difference, and maybe I don't really have such high levels of prolactin (19.9) in my blood?

Thank you :)

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut and @Blossom

I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post.

I think you guys are very knowledgeable about prolactin, so I would like to ask you one question.

I just read at https://labtestsonline.org/tests/prolactin that the sample should be collected 3 to 4 hours after waking. Do you think I should test it again, since for my initial test (results above) the sample was collected about 2 hours after waking? Do you believe this will make a difference, and maybe I don't really have such high levels of prolactin (19.9) in my blood?

Thank you :)

Prolactin is both an acute and chronic biomarker of stress. So, a single test probably won't mean much unless the value is above 100 in which case it would suggest prolactinoma. So, I would do 2-3 tests a few weeks apart at the same time (if possible) and average the results.