23 Y.o Male - Experiencing Intense Night Sweats

answersfound

natedawggh said:
lookingforanswers said:
natedawggh said:
lookingforanswers said:
rly weird. i just started taking progesterone and i am getting the same exact thing. intense night sweats. I'm hoping it will pass after a week. i am a 24 year old male.

Hey Looking,

I was going back through some of my posts because I feel I was wrong about progesterone for males, a better strategy would be to focus on increasing testosterone and lowering estrogen. Because progesterone can also lower testosterone, it's not ideal for fixing the health of males (though it did cure me of some very serious issues). I would only use it if it specifically accomplishes something for you. if it doesn't seem like it is then don't use it. I have been using pregvnenlone with great results, and have especially found benefit from strictly avoiding alcohol, taking lots of zinc, as well as gelatin, glycine, and taurine (i'm also going to use lysine), niacinamide, natural vitamin E, and keeping my diet limited to good, Peat proteins, dairy, fruit, and potatoes.

Okay, thanks. Unfortunately, I think Zinc makes things worse. I'm pretty sure it gives me an adrenaline response. I may just have to get it from foods.

If it's doing that you definitely need zinc. Make sure there aren't any toxic additives like silica that could be producing an adverse reaction. Zinc glycinate is really good for you and if it's giving you an adrenaline response it's probably because you are so low on zinc that your body is finally trying to repair itself. Zinc is absolutely necessary, and I have had a great deal of I provement from just using it alone. Food sources are always great though.

Definitely gives me anxiety. I tried it again.

Now Foods Zinc Glycinate (Softgels)
Zinc (from zinc glycinate) (amino acid chelate) (TRAACS) (albion), pumpkin seed oil (cold-pressed), softgel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, carob), soy lecithin and beeswax.

What brand do you use? I use zinc glycinate by now foods.

natedawggh

Both the soy lecithin and pumpkin seed oil are highly toxic. What you were feeling was probably the lecithin (it is in EVERYTHING and very allergenic).

I use Swanson brand Albion chelated Zinc glycinate. It only has gelatin and magnesium stearate as additives.

fitbeebee

Hi all,

New here...been on Peat for about a week and feel amazing ( from long time low carb, lots of fasting and sometimes carnivore).

Last night though I woke up drenched in sweat? This has rarely rarely happened to me in the past.

Thoughts? Also another note I feel my body temperature is very high now? Sweating a lot more in general.

Context:
37 yrs, female.
5’5”
126-129lb
Workout most days..bodyweight and strength type, rarely cardio.

Thanks

equipoise

I've been a heavy sweater past 2 years. My experience is of alcohol and benzo nature though and the consequent withdrawals that took place all these months.

I think there's some glutamine rebound/storm going on at night after being acutely supressed through GABA modulation.

I was also very warm everytime I drank, and then coming home and smashing through the fridge (if not drunk too horribly) usually meant I was riding at 37.3 Celsius or 99F comfortable with the pulse of 85.

Alcohol is a strange drug. Love/hate relationship.