HRV declining after thyroid supplementation

Waldoj

I finally decided to try thyroid supplementation after having hypothyroid symptoms (esp cold/hands feets, anxiety) for past 15 years or so. I tried tons of diet enhancements before this (liver, milk, protein, magnesium, etc). I started taking Cynoplus 4 months ago and started with a low dose at 1/8 tablet then slowly worked up to 1/2 tablet. My mood, energy level, feeling of warmth has improved. My heart rate has increased some but temps have not -- they actually went down slightly (this is odd because I feel warmer).

I've been wearing an Oura ring for 3 years which has allowed me to track HR and HRV.

Average resting HR in the past 4 months has gone from 50 down to 65. I see this as good and normal since thyroid is supposed to increase heart rate.

My HRV data has been more puzzling. It went from an average of 60 before cynoplus, down to average of 42 for the past two weeks. I've never had HRV trending this low so it's quite concerning to me.

I assumed that HRV would increase with thyroid supplementation since higher readings are a sign of good health. Does anyone have an idea why thyroid would lower HRV?

mostlylurking

My pulse was all over the place and my temperature was low when I was thiamine deficient. Both normalized with thiamine supplementation. Thiamine deficiency can block thyroid function.

OP
W

Waldoj

Wow. I'll look into thiamine. What dosage did you take and how long did it take to normalize? I take a b complex (energin) but not sure if that is sufficient. Apparently not.

Not sure if this is what you mean but my pulse is literally all over the place when I use a finger tip pulse oximeter. I watch it rise and fall from 70 to 55 up and down for a minute or so and it never really settles on a final number.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals