Psioriatic Arthritis

Alfi

Forum Supporter
Hi there

I’ve been trying to heal holistically from Psoriatic Arthritis for the last 15 years (I am a 48 years old male). During this time I’ve tried many different “diets”, fasts and various therapies. There were many ups and downs over the years, but currently I’m still experiencing pain, flare ups (both in skin and body), body deformities, swelling, limited range of motion, fatigue, lack of energy and difficulty putting on weight (at this stage I’m 60kg, used to be 48kg…) I always attempt to give my very best and live as optimally as I can, either with the food I’m eating, the specific protocol that I’m following and the lifestyle choices that I’m making, so it’s quite frustrating I’m still in the position that I’m at.

Currently I am eating a more “pro metabolic diet”, predominantly fruits, meat, fish, organs, honey but still experiencing flare ups when consuming certain food like eggs and raw dairy products, like milk, butter… – very frustrating as I sometimes feels limited and not sure what to eat; fearing that I’ll have a flare up of psoriasis, joint pain and swelling.

Last year someone finally pointed out that RA finds its root cause in the gut, so since then, using a nutritional therapist, I’ve been on a “gut healing” protocol with lots of various supplements and although I’ve been feeling better for it, I’m still far from healed!

I’m very keen to try some of Georgi Dinkov supplements, but not sure which ones will be most appropriate. I’ll be happy to receive some suggestions and if necessary I can also attach recent blood test results.

After 15 years of living in pain, I'm just ready to get to the root of this disease and reverse my condition as I truly believe there is a way!

Thank you for any feedback!

“How do you tell the difference between arthritis and psoriatic arthritis?

Differences in Symptoms

People usually get osteoarthritis in their hands, hips, feet, knees, and spine. With psoriatic arthritis, you can develop symptoms of psoriasis (like thick patches of skin with scales that look white or silvery) before you show signs of psoriatic arthritis.”

Hi there

I’ve been trying to heal holistically from Psoriatic Arthritis for the last 15 years (I am a 48 years old male). During this time I’ve tried many different “diets”, fasts and various therapies. There were many ups and downs over the years, but currently I’m still experiencing pain, flare ups (both in skin and body), body deformities, swelling, limited range of motion, fatigue, lack of energy and difficulty putting on weight (at this stage I’m 60kg, used to be 48kg…) I always attempt to give my very best and live as optimally as I can, either with the food I’m eating, the specific protocol that I’m following and the lifestyle choices that I’m making, so it’s quite frustrating I’m still in the position that I’m at.

Currently I am eating a more “pro metabolic diet”, predominantly fruits, meat, fish, organs, honey but still experiencing flare ups when consuming certain food like eggs and raw dairy products, like milk, butter… – very frustrating as I sometimes feels limited and not sure what to eat; fearing that I’ll have a flare up of psoriasis, joint pain and swelling.

Last year someone finally pointed out that RA finds its root cause in the gut, so since then, using a nutritional therapist, I’ve been on a “gut healing” protocol with lots of various supplements and although I’ve been feeling better for it, I’m still far from healed!

I’m very keen to try some of Georgi Dinkov supplements, but not sure which ones will be most appropriate. I’ll be happy to receive some suggestions and if necessary I can also attach recent blood test results.

After 15 years of living in pain, I'm just ready to get to the root of this disease and reverse my condition as I truly believe there is a way!

Are you consuming grass fed dairy products, because that makes a huge difference in health. I won’t eat eggs unless they are corn and soy free, milk either.

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
Are you consuming grass fed dairy products, because that makes a huge difference in health. I won’t eat eggs unless they are corn and soy free, milk either.
Yes definitely do! Only the purest and cleanest form of animal based products

Pablo Cruise

Sorry to hear. Psoriatic arthritis is very debiltating and little seems to help. As you know it is immune response problem . Since I work in an infusion clinic we do use MABs (monoclonal antibodies) for treatment. I think that is the way to go. You may supplement your diet but work on strengthening your immune system with some ideas that are becoming more popular: Vit D, Vit C, Zinc, NAC and the big one Quercetin. These have shown to improve the immune system and are anti aging. These supplements everyone can take. That is my 2 cents. Gut biome may be in the future though many studies show a relationship with the gut.

If you want specifics on the supplements I mention, PM me and I will explain.

mostlylurking

Hi there

I understand that there are some differences between rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis but there are a lot of similarities too. I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis in November of 2014. Because the occupational therapist told me that I wasn't going to get better, that I was just going to get worse and worse until I wouldn't be able to do anything, I chose to prove her wrong and researched online and found Ray Peat's website. I followed his advice about diet, I started taking progesterone (I was estrogen dominant), pregnenolone, and I found a new endocrinologist who worked with me to optimize my thyroid medication. He changed the brand of the desiccated thyroid med I had been taking for 10+ years from Armour to NP Thyroid by Acella and he ended up doubling the dose to 180mg (3 grains). I recovered from the rheumatoid arthritis inflammation/pain within months and did not have to have the scheduled surgery on my thumbs after all. It's been 9 years and the RA is still in remission.

Here are some links to Ray Peat's work where he mentions arthritis:

I think that the most important thing to focus on is to minimize inflammation. Peat's work focuses on this topic a lot. One thing that helps is to optimize oxidative metabolism (Krebs cycle). Good oxidative metabolism is anti-inflammatory because when working right, the end product is carbon dioxide instead of lactic acid. Good thyroid function is key. Another very important key is thiamine because it acts as a co-factor for several enzymes in the oxidative metabolism process. If thiamine is deficient, inflammation from lactic acid skyrockets.

links:
also
-paste-
In the immune system, thiamine has several functions in the regulation and activation of immune cells and proteins (16). The balance between glycolysis and Krebs cycle activities, where vitamin B1 is an important cofactor, is considered a determinant in controlling immune cell function, a concept referred to as immunometabolism (42). T-regulatory cells, resting macrophages and naïve T-cells generate energy mostly through the Krebs cycle, whereas activated macrophages, B-cells, Th1, Th2 and Th17 cells shift the balance toward aerobic glycolysis to complement energy from Krebs cycle (43).

Thiamine is also involved with hemin-dependent oxygenase, whose action affects the release of the specific members of the intracellular adhesion molecule (ICAM) proteins. ICAMs bind integrins during immunological reactions, affecting T-cell activity and other immune system cells (16). Vitamin B1 is important in immune system reactivity as well because it plays a pivotal part in the expression of immunoglobulins and, due to its antioxidative effects on neutrophils, by protecting the sulfhydryl groups on the cell surfaces from oxidation (16, 42). On macrophages, thiamine suppresses the oxidative stress-induced activation of the necrosis factor NF-kB, which induces the release of a variety of inflammatory markers such as cytokines, growth factors and immune-responsive proteins (44).
-end paste-

I hope you find this helpful.

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
I understand that there are some differences between rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis but there are a lot of similarities too. I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis in November of 2014. Because the occupational therapist told me that I wasn't going to get better, that I was just going to get worse and worse until I wouldn't be able to do anything, I chose to prove her wrong and researched online and found Ray Peat's website. I followed his advice about diet, I started taking progesterone (I was estrogen dominant), pregnenolone, and I found a new endocrinologist who worked with me to optimize my thyroid medication. He changed the brand of the desiccated thyroid med I had been taking for 10+ years from Armour to NP Thyroid by Acella and he ended up doubling the dose to 180mg (3 grains). I recovered from the rheumatoid arthritis inflammation/pain within months and did not have to have the scheduled surgery on my thumbs after all. It's been 9 years and the RA is still in remission.

I think that the most important thing to focus on is to minimize inflammation. Peat's work focuses on this topic a lot. One thing that helps is to optimize oxidative metabolism (Krebs cycle). Good oxidative metabolism is anti-inflammatory because when working right, the end product is carbon dioxide instead of lactic acid. Good thyroid function is key. Another very important key is thiamine because it acts as a co-factor for several enzymes in the oxidative metabolism process. If thiamine is deficient, inflammation from lactic acid skyrockets.

links:
also
-paste-
In the immune system, thiamine has several functions in the regulation and activation of immune cells and proteins (16). The balance between glycolysis and Krebs cycle activities, where vitamin B1 is an important cofactor, is considered a determinant in controlling immune cell function, a concept referred to as immunometabolism (42). T-regulatory cells, resting macrophages and naïve T-cells generate energy mostly through the Krebs cycle, whereas activated macrophages, B-cells, Th1, Th2 and Th17 cells shift the balance toward aerobic glycolysis to complement energy from Krebs cycle (43).

Thiamine is also involved with hemin-dependent oxygenase, whose action affects the release of the specific members of the intracellular adhesion molecule (ICAM) proteins. ICAMs bind integrins during immunological reactions, affecting T-cell activity and other immune system cells (16). Vitamin B1 is important in immune system reactivity as well because it plays a pivotal part in the expression of immunoglobulins and, due to its antioxidative effects on neutrophils, by protecting the sulfhydryl groups on the cell surfaces from oxidation (16, 42). On macrophages, thiamine suppresses the oxidative stress-induced activation of the necrosis factor NF-kB, which induces the release of a variety of inflammatory markers such as cytokines, growth factors and immune-responsive proteins (44).
-end paste-

Thank you so much for your extensive reply. I'll look into this!

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
links:
also
-paste-
-end paste-

mostlylurking

How did you apply the progesterone and pregnenolone? What dosages did you use?
How do I know if I’m thiamine deficient?
The progesterone is dissolved in vitamin E (Progest-E); I rub it on my gums. I use a couple of generous blats, each about the size of a small English pea. Instructions for figuring out how much progesterone you need are here.

I put 1/16 of a teaspoon (equals about 100mg) of pregnenolone powder in my orange juice with some other vitamins, stir vigorously, and drink it down every morning.

The easiest way to tell if you are deficient is to take some and discern your body's response to it. I started with 300-350mg of thiamine hcl, dissolved in water. I drank it and within 45 minutes all my inflammation disappeared, my brain fog cleared, and my body temperature increased a full degree to normal. My response to it was very obvious, but I don't know that everyone who is deficient would have such an obvious initial response.

I found watching Dr. Costantini's patients' before and after videos helpful.

Here's an article about testing for thiamine:

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
What brand of thiamine did you use and how long did you continue taking it for?

Beatrix_

Hi there

I suggest you to look up in scholar google about your disease and zinc. I recently read that the skin lesions are resistant to nutrient absorption and need topical treatment with zinc and vit D.

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
I suggest you to look up in scholar google about your disease and zinc. I recently read that the skin lesions are resistant to nutrient absorption and need topical treatment with zinc and vit D.
Thanks. I will have a look 🙏

OP
A

Alfi

Forum Supporter
Could anyone recommend some of Georgi's (@haidut) supplements that could potentially help with this condition? Thank you

InChristAlone

What organ meat were you eating? Have you looked into vitamin A toxicity? Thiamine may be helping people because it binds to aldehydes.. welp turns out the so called vitamin A also comes out as retinaldehyde.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals