Extremely High Cortisol

Nicole Carter

I’ve been eating Peat style for 5 months, after 2 1/2 years carnivore (used to heal colitis) but my cortisol is still extremely high as found on a 24 hour urinalysis. Could it be high from the diet? How long does it take to recover? I’m also taking 1/2 tab of cynomel daily, tocovit, ashwaganda and progesterone during Luteal phase.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’ve been eating Peat style for 5 months, after 2 1/2 years carnivore (used to heal colitis) but my cortisol is still extremely high as found on a 24 hour urinalysis. Could it be high from the diet? How long does it take to recover? I’m also taking 1/2 tab of cynomel daily, tocovit, ashwaganda and progesterone during Luteal phase.

High cortisol is a known result of being on the carnivore diet for extended period of time. If several tests across say 2-3 months keep showing elevated cortisol numbers you may want to consider pharmacological interventions to lower it. Cyproheptadine seems a good choice as it has been successfully used to treat even Cushing disease. Progesterone in doses of 50mg or higher also seems to lower excess cortisol.

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

Thanks @haidut going for another blood test this week, it’s been 2 months since the urinalysis so I’ll keep tabs and co slider the cyproheptadine.

High cortisol is a known result of being on the carnivore diet for extended period of time. If several tests across say 2-3 months keep showing elevated cortisol numbers you may want to consider pharmacological interventions to lower it. Cyproheptadine seems a good choice as it has been successfully used to treat even Cushing disease. Progesterone in doses of 50mg or higher also seems to lower excess cortisol.
If one has high cortisol and decides to try cyproheptadine, can it be used indefinitely on a daily basis or is tolerance a concern in this case? if it should be cycled then, should it be used daily for let's say a month then stop for a month, or should it be used more like 3 times per week?

Ismail

@Nicole Carter did you manage to bring under control the high cortisol? If so, how did you do it? Thanks 🙏

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals