Could This Be Colon Cancer?

tara

mangolife said:
Well, I've been dieting for as long as I can remember, so I'm not surprised about the low appetite and the potentially sluggish metabolism. (which may actually be causing the constipation? I only began to obsessively monitor them after a stint in the hospital, for work experience, so I actually have no real idea what they were like before...I recall being occasionally constipated, sometimes for days at a time, but still...) I'm scared to eat more for fear of gaining weight.
Fuel deficiency dieting seems to be able to cause these kinds of problems. Have you seen Gwyneth Olwyn's youreatopia site? I found it illuminating to read that according to her research, young women (~17-25) generally need something like 3000 cals to grow and mature fully and healthily, as well as lots of other fascinating information and view points. I wish I'd known that as a teenager, and not thought I was supposed to be starving on 1800. Here's a related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4028

OP
M

mangolife

tara said:
mangolife said:
Well, I've been dieting for as long as I can remember, so I'm not surprised about the low appetite and the potentially sluggish metabolism. (which may actually be causing the constipation? I only began to obsessively monitor them after a stint in the hospital, for work experience, so I actually have no real idea what they were like before...I recall being occasionally constipated, sometimes for days at a time, but still...) I'm scared to eat more for fear of gaining weight.
Fuel deficiency dieting seems to be able to cause these kinds of problems. Have you seen Gwyneth Olwyn's youreatopia site? I found it illuminating to read that according to her research, young women (~17-25) generally need something like 3000 cals to grow and mature fully and healthily, as well as lots of other fascinating information and view points. I wish I'd known that as a teenager, and not thought I was supposed to be starving on 1800. Here's a related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4028

Thanks for the link; I'll check it out. You might be pleased to know that my appetite was quite high today, haha. Must've had around 2,300 calories.

As for the bowels: felt the urge more, still hard lumps with a lot of mucus. No blood, thankfully. Getting some milk of magnesia tomorrow. Going to the doctor's after my holiday; hopefully I'm okay by then, anyhow. Pretty sure it's not cancer now, which has calmed me down significantly, haha. Perhaps some form of IBs/IBD, stress, hormones, intolerance, or even colitis. I want the all-clear before I start experimenting with FODMAPS etc.

mlc2010

I have exactly same but im male, always wondered if it was colon cancer

when your " backed " up, have you ever felt your lower left quadrant? are you able to feel the feces in your bowels from there? its a horrible feeling

OP
M

mangolife

mlc2010 said:

when your " backed " up, have you ever felt your lower left quadrant? are you able to feel the feces in your bowels from there? its a horrible feeling

Yes! It's pretty gross. Have you had any luck with diet etc; you been to the doctor?

Another bowel movement, another batch of hard balls, another thing which looks like a tomato skin in one of them. Ugh. Apparently mucus, constipation, blood (though it doesn't look like typical blood?) is symptomatic of IBD. We'll see.

mlc2010

mangolife said:
mlc2010 said:

Yes! It's pretty gross. Have you had any luck with diet etc; you been to the doctor?

Another bowel movement, another batch of hard balls, another thing which looks like a tomato skin in one of them. Ugh. Apparently mucus, constipation, blood (though it doesn't look like typical blood?) is symptomatic of IBD. We'll see.

They just give me lactulose and movicol, neither really do much. I'm going to go back and see what next step is

OP
M

mangolife

mlc2010 said:
mangolife said:
mlc2010 said:

They just give me lactulose and movicol, neither really do much. I'm going to go back and see what next step is

I see :/ let me know how it goes, and I hope you feel better soon.

forterpride

It could be some internal fissures or hemorrhoids from intestinal irritation.

Rectal administration of fresh Aloe Juice, Vitamin E or Aspirin helps bring down the inflammation almost instantly.
Careful with the Aspirin if you've got any genetic blood mutation. Doses higher than 0.3g require more Vitmain K intake.
Aged Cascara is the most powerful and effective gut inflammation aid in my experience.
Avoiding irritating foods is the main thing.

What dose and brand/source of cascara do you recommend for gut inflamation? Thank you for your time.

XPlus

What dose and brand/source of cascara do you recommend for gut inflamation? Thank you for your time.
Lifegivingstore if they still source from Italy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals