Swollen Calves/Lower Body, discomfort/pressure in back/spine/kidney area (unknown cause?) Please advise, struggling immensely.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Did not read the comments. I had similar symptoms when my house developed a leak in a pipe inside a wall and started growing odor-less toxic mold (wallemia, in my case.) Doctors had NO CLUE what was happening and I did a myriad of things trying to fix myself before I found out (on the internet of course) what the cause was. It damn near killed me, and did kill both my cats. It could be any toxin you are exposed to, or perhaps you have EHS, or both....for the mold, you can get the very best test there is (better than the "pro" air tests, which don't even look for that particular mold) and it's called the HERTSMI-2. $155, you do it yourself and send it to the lab. mycometrics.com Best of luck and I hope it is that simple.

Wow. This is insane. I was thinking about calling my utility provider to ask them for a test regarding our water - the house is over 100 years old, dilapidated and full of mold. Its crazy that you'd leave this comment when its something I've been thinking about these past few days. Only thing is I'm not sure the HERTSMI-2 test is available in the UK :/

OP
H

Hairfedup

So guys just got off the phone with my GP. Went over the ultrasounds and bloods and says organs are okay with the exception of one thing - my liver is fatty! Could this be the reason for my sickness and symptoms? I've barely read about NAFLD and he says it is only slightly fatty - wants a yearly check up. Is it true that sugar is the leading driver here or could it be my massive weight gain during these stressful times. I know its a no brainer but I can only assume that smoking contributes.

liam183

So guys just got off the phone with my GP. Went over the ultrasounds and bloods and says organs are okay with the exception of one thing - my liver is fatty! Could this be the reason for my sickness and symptoms? I've barely read about NAFLD and he says it is only slightly fatty - wants a yearly check up. Is it true that sugar is the leading driver here or could it be my massive weight gain during these stressful times. I know its a no brainer but I can only assume that smoking contributes.
TUDCA for fatty liver!

liam183

Great, is there a duration or dosage that should be adhered to? Sorry for too many questions
Depends on the brand. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. 500mg once a day. You can take for long periods of time. There's no reason to take breaks

OP
H

Hairfedup

Depends on the brand. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. 500mg once a day. You can take for long periods of time. There's no reason to take breaks

Wonderful, thanks. Will give it a go one I return to baseline hopefully by the end of the month.

PeskyPeater

smoking lowers serotonin, the beta carbolines inhibit the breakdown of dopamine. nerve damage from smoke and nicotine can be addressed with some progest-e and acetyl-l carnitine which is a mitochondrial nutrient and modulates thyroid at the cell, is deficient in hypothyroidism. Too quit smoking you will need at least an MAO-B inhibitor like dc labs harmalan: link
I used to rely on aspirin couldnt live without it. It helps to reduce the effects of release of PUFA from storage. But I dont need it anymore after years of Peating and low PUFA and low stress. weekkly vitamine E in olive oil and B3 helps too.
Aspirin reduced the metabolism of progesterone, which is part of the good effects, but it can eventually with chronic use have androgen lowering effects, lowering libido in my experience, that in combi with high stress sertonin and estrogen can affect your whole metabolism. As the aspirin is leaving the body by binding with glycine, you can end up lowering its effect on GABA that makes it more difficult to control serotonin. An alternative for aspirin is niacinamide that has anti-serotonin and is pro GABA. And address the lost glycine with collagen hydrolisate in your drinks for exmple.
Improve the hormone balance with either adding DHEA to progest-e or use pregnenolone. Excess estrogen is making the bladder weak that leads to frequent urination.
Block excess serotonin with some cyproheptadine in the evenings for a day or 4-5 per week.
Losartan to help gut and brain and lower aldosterone-parathyroid and improve hair, together with youth hormones helps improving penile issues.

OP
H

Hairfedup

smoking lowers serotonin, the beta carbolines inhibit the breakdown of dopamine. nerve damage from smoke and nicotine can be addressed with some progest-e and acetyl-l carnitine which is a mitochondrial nutrient and modulates thyroid at the cell, is deficient in hypothyroidism. Too quit smoking you will need at least an MAO-B inhibitor like dc labs harmalan: link
I used to rely on aspirin couldnt live without it. It helps to reduce the effects of release of PUFA from storage. But I dont need it anymore after years of Peating and low PUFA and low stress. weekkly vitamine E in olive oil and B3 helps too.
Aspirin reduced the metabolism of progesterone, which is part of the good effects, but it can eventually with chronic use have androgen lowering effects, lowering libido in my experience, that in combi with high stress sertonin and estrogen can affect your whole metabolism. As the aspirin is leaving the body by binding with glycine, you can end up lowering its effect on GABA that makes it more difficult to control serotonin. An alternative for aspirin is niacinamide that has anti-serotonin and is pro GABA. And address the lost glycine with collagen hydrolisate in your drinks for exmple.
Improve the hormone balance with either adding DHEA to progest-e or use pregnenolone. Excess estrogen is making the bladder weak that leads to frequent urination.
Block excess serotonin with some cyproheptadine in the evenings for a day or 4-5 per week.
Losartan to help gut and brain and lower aldosterone-parathyroid and improve hair, together with youth hormones helps improving penile issues.

Thank you so much for such a detailed write up. Smoking has indeed wrecked me over the last 3 1/2 years [after picking it up again]. Is there any reason I'd have to take a MAO-B inhibitor to quit? Everything seems so overwhelming. I take collagen/gylcine daily !

PeskyPeater

Thank you so much for such a detailed write up. Smoking has indeed wrecked me over the last 3 1/2 years [after picking it up again]. Is there any reason I'd have to take a MAO-B inhibitor to quit? Everything seems so overwhelming. I take collagen/gylcine daily !
good to read you are getting enough glycine. Aspirin also increases dopamine in the brain via tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) And smoking stabilizes the mood by reducing the breakdown of the released dopamine and serotonin via MAO-A + B enzymes in the brain. So you have been accustomed to increased dopamine from aspirin and nicotine, that can make extra difficult when abstaining from smoking, so with adding some form of MAO-B inhibitor it's likely to make it easier. While in the body these enzymes also are located, then with less dopamine around you can imagine excess serotonin can get the upper hand.

Some other natural MAO-B are cinnamon and licorice.
Low-dose aspirin upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase and increases dopamine production in dopaminergic neurons: Implications for Parkinson’s disease.

milkboi

Do you happen to know if 250 mg are already effective enough to make it worth taking? There's barely any sources for it in Germany and the available ones are pretty expensive (50€ a month if I wanted to take 500 mg)

OP
H

Hairfedup

So the TUDCA sourced from chicken gallbladders is giving me IBS and making my muscles and face twitch - the other night my whole body was shaking in bed. I might have to try another brand or perhaps my body is rejecting it? My muscle cramping and weakness goes away when I do take it in the morning so its perplexing - maybe both my kidneys and liver are messed up but GP just thinks its a fatty liver.

OP
H

Hairfedup

So my beard hairs are rapidly turning white [I mean last week not a single white on my chin and now there's 5-6]. Could this be a side effect of the TUDCA or just stress?

P

Peatness

Taurine seems to mobilize metals in the body not sure if this would be relevant

PeskyPeater

So my beard hairs are rapidly turning white [I mean last week not a single white on my chin and now there's 5-6]. Could this be a side effect of the TUDCA or just stress?
Maybe a side effect of estrogen not getting metabolized now the bile flow is up?

OP
H

Hairfedup

Maybe a side effect of estrogen not getting metabolized now the bile flow is up?

Wow didn't even occur to me. I barely know anything about estrogen metabolism or the role bile plays in the body. Tbh my knowledge of the biology is nothing in comparison to most of you on the forum. I'm fasting at the moment in keeping with my faith but I feel zero hunger, thirst OR satiety. Maybe my thyroid is completely dead, I don't know. Using this opportunity to base-line so no supps in the last 3 days and I tell you, I feel AWFUL after opening the fast. Muscles still twitchy and jerky - CNS or nerve damage? Sorry if its like I'm bombarding folks with questions here, just thinking out aloud. Not smoking during fasting hours so around 12 hours after waking smoke free feels pretty good, but I cave soon as I can eat again.

PeskyPeater

Wow didn't even occur to me. I barely know anything about estrogen metabolism or the role bile plays in the body. Tbh my knowledge of the biology is nothing in comparison to most of you on the forum. I'm fasting at the moment in keeping with my faith but I feel zero hunger, thirst OR satiety. Maybe my thyroid is completely dead, I don't know. Using this opportunity to base-line so no supps in the last 3 days and I tell you, I feel AWFUL after opening the fast. Muscles still twitchy and jerky - CNS or nerve damage? Sorry if its like I'm bombarding folks with questions here, just thinking out aloud. Not smoking during fasting hours so around 12 hours after waking smoke free feels pretty good, but I cave soon as I can eat again.
Sounds like Ramadan. I like the idea of fasting in that it activates autophagy. But in these times where ppl have lots of stored PUFA, that autophagy effects are going to be lessened by the release of fatty acids from fasting, unfortunately. Maybe it is allowed to do some red light shining or oldschool bag breathing can be done ..?

OP
H

Hairfedup

Sounds like Ramadan. I like the idea of fasting in that it activates autophagy. But in these times where ppl have lots of stored PUFA, that autophagy effects are going to be lessened by the release of fatty acids from fasting, unfortunately. Maybe it is allowed to do some red light shining or oldschool bag breathing can be done ..?

Yes indeed its Ramadan ;) I might try bag breathing but tbh I'm very close to giving up. Aspirin K2 free now 10 days in, calves are more swollen than ever [I mean really fat] and painful - not painful to walk or stand on but just passively on fire up above the knee into the upper thigh. Both pinky toe nails are entirely black - cant be coincidental. Struggling to walk properly, balance is completely off. Muscles pulse and twitch constantly, all over my body. I wonder if its a copper deficiency maybe. Or high BP. Wish I'd never taken that nitrofurantoin. But tbh as my sisters life is essentially over I'm pretty much ready to give up on my health. I mean what does it matter anymore.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals