Super bloated belly since childhood

Jonnie

I remember looking down at my belly at age 3-4 and thinking ‘damn, that’s sticking out a lot, better suck that in’.

So basically I’ve had a bloated belly all my life, maybe I could just have some kind of XL intestinal tract.
Even when I have visible abbs I have a bubble gut... kinda like those HGH bodybuilders.
The thing is I’ve also had problems tolerating dairy since at least age 10.

I went to the doctor the other week but to no surprise he was absolutely useless.
Wouldn’t give me prescriptions for penecilin or tetracycline either.
Carrot salads help a little, charcoal helps a little more. I’m getting some flowers of sulphur soon, I’m sure that could help a bit too.

I think the bloating is caused by potentially a SIBO. I have weekly diarreah, especially on days where I consume a lot of liquid dairy.
I feel like this is contributing to excess endotoxin and my hairloss since puberty.

Anyone have similair problems and actually cured themselves?
If flowers of sulphur aren’t going to help, should I try penicillin vk?

I feel like I should do a parasite cleanse and after that antibiotics.

Attachments

• FA23AD25-C446-41F3-8B96-D6E25AFA08D2.jpeg
    FA23AD25-C446-41F3-8B96-D6E25AFA08D2.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
T

TheBeard

Same here.

Your mom took paracetamol or other NSAID while pregnant?

My liver is ****88 from birth, my bilirubin comes back high at every blood work.

It's your liver 100%, start addressing this organ as a priority.

Vins7

If you are having these issues since you were a Chile, have you checked celiac disease?

My belly has been chronically bloated since I was a young child too.

There is a picture of me when I was very young (6 months to 1 year old), and I had a flat belly at that time. Probably because I was being fed mostly breast milk. I think the iron- fortified wheat, poorly cooked starch and lack magnesium and other nutrients( leading to severe constipation) which I experienced as a child screwed up my gut big time. Nowadays, I feel that my digestion is better and I'm not very constipated anymore, but the bloating's still there.

Same here.

My liver is ****88 from birth, my bilirubin comes back high at every blood work.

That's really interesting. What's the science behind that? I've always had the bloated shape and my mom pops paracetamol any chance she gets. I can't imagine she was any different when she was pregnant with me.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

Same here.

I asked my mom and she never used any of those during pregnancy. She said she's always been very cautious.

How did you adres your liver?
Did you fix your bloat?

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

If you are having these issues since you were a Chile, have you checked celiac disease?
I have not. But I do get xxtra bloated when I do consume wheat.
But even when I go without gluten for a few months I'm still bloated.

OP
Jonnie

Jonnie

My belly has been chronically bloated since I was a young child too.

There is a picture of me when I was very young (6 months to 1 year old), and I had a flat belly at that time. Probably because I was being fed mostly breast milk. I think the iron- fortified wheat, poorly cooked starch and lack magnesium and other nutrients( leading to severe constipation) which I experienced as a child screwed up my gut big time. Nowadays, I feel that my digestion is better and I'm not very constipated anymore, but the bloating's still there.
Interesting but the major difference is that I'm not constipated, always diarreah.

I remember when I was vegan back in 2013 I would get constipated though.
I'm thinking it's really just the dairy now.

T

TheBeard

That's really interesting. What's the science behind that? I've always had the bloated shape and my mom pops paracetamol any chance she gets. I can't imagine she was any different when she was pregnant with me.

The science of "paracetamol is liver toxic"

Vins7

Interesting but the major difference is that I'm not constipated, always diarreah.

I remember when I was vegan back in 2013 I would get constipated though.
I'm thinking it's really just the dairy now.
Your bloating is due to inflamation

equipoise

I was also more on the bloated side definitely, playing sports from young age, but also more bony, muscly, stocky in general. I did consume enormous amounts of food/calories tho growing up, easily 7-8K a day.

How is it even possible to eat 7k calories without starch? High carb, med protein, low fat RP style diet. I guess low fat milk + honey.

@Hans how many calories do you get in a day? You look built

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was also more on the bloated side definitely, playing sports from young age, but also more bony, muscly, stocky in general. I did consume enormous amounts of food/calories tho growing up, easily 7-8K a day.

How is it even possible to eat 7k calories without starch? High carb, med protein, low fat RP style diet. I guess low fat milk + honey.

@Hans how many calories do you get in a day? You look built
I'm totalling around 3500 daily, but I can build muscle just fine on 3000 calories. If you're very active, then you'll be able to tolerate more fat without gaining fat.

B

Blaze

Same here.

What really like to know exactly what you have learned to do - to address your liver issues, if you wouldn't mind sharing? That advice would potentially help many others here with similar issues.

gaze

I'm totalling around 3500 daily, but I can build muscle just fine on 3000 calories. If you're very active, then you'll be able to tolerate more fat without gaining fat.
how many calories would you eat on a starch based diet ? did you keep calories the same switching from starch to sugar ?

tankasnowgod

I remember looking down at my belly at age 3-4 and thinking ‘damn, that’s sticking out a lot, better suck that in’.

So basically I’ve had a bloated belly all my life, maybe I could just have some kind of XL intestinal tract.
Even when I have visible abbs I have a bubble gut... kinda like those HGH bodybuilders.
The thing is I’ve also had problems tolerating dairy since at least age 10.

I went to the doctor the other week but to no surprise he was absolutely useless.
Wouldn’t give me prescriptions for penecilin or tetracycline either.
Carrot salads help a little, charcoal helps a little more. I’m getting some flowers of sulphur soon, I’m sure that could help a bit too.

I think the bloating is caused by potentially a SIBO. I have weekly diarreah, especially on days where I consume a lot of liquid dairy.
I feel like this is contributing to excess endotoxin and my hairloss since puberty.

Anyone have similair problems and actually cured themselves?
If flowers of sulphur aren’t going to help, should I try penicillin vk?

I feel like I should do a parasite cleanse and after that antibiotics.

You may want to evaluate your protein intake, and possibly raise it significantly.

This video goes through "The six Fs" of Abdominal Distention-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGG8Gg6HOag

I'm starting to think that most long term issues here arise from fluid, not fat. Abdominal Ascites is well known, but it's mainly thought to occur with cirrhosis. However, we know that other liver issues, such as NAFLD and NASH are very common, and that pretty much all three are the same basic disease. One of the things that's thought to cause Ascites (and edema) is low albumin. Well, if the liver is compromised, and/or protein intake is low, this could lead to chronic hypoalbuminemia.

You can find videos of people getting a significant amount of abdominal fluid drained on youtube. Example-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6SUIof6Z4

So, after that procedure, that patient looks to have a concave stomach.

If you look up ascites, the none draining treatment is to drink less fluids, take diuretics, eat less salt, and get a shot of albumin. I don't think the "less salt" is good advice, but maybe less fluid, taking a CA inhibitor like acetazolamide or thiamine might be helpful. So might urea. But if you can't get a shot of albumin?

Well, increased protein intake should help you make more. You can either get a serum albumin test, and do a before and after, or just try raising protein quite a bit for a few weeks. If you were, say, eating about 100g of protein, you might wanna try upping it to 150-160g. Or maybe even more.

I know, that's a big jump, but there have been higher intakes studied-

I'm sure there are other issues to address too, like endotoxin, serotinin, estrogen, and such.

Hans

Forum Supporter
how many calories would you eat on a starch based diet ? did you keep calories the same switching from starch to sugar ?
I'd keep the calories a bit lower with starches, as I feel it's easier to stay lean with honey and fruits, vs starches. But that's just my opinion. But also, when I was eating a lot of potatoes, I couldn't eat as many carbs or food in general. About 3000-3200 total, as with more sugar I can easily get 3500-3700 and maintain the same weight.

Sefton10

I feel it's easier to stay lean with honey and fruits, vs starches.
That's my experience too. I'd describe it as a general feeling of just being less inflamed. Much less bloating and holding water overall.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals