If You Didn't Listen To What Foods Ray Peat Eats Yet

golder

Anyone know of any good oxtail soup sources in the UK? Doesn’t seem to too readily available here for whatever reason..

Fractality

When he says "chicken soup with the fat skimmed off," does he mean a whole chicken or the gelatinous cuts like the feet?

Aymen

Anyone know of any good oxtail soup sources in the UK? Doesn’t seem to too readily available here for whatever reason..
just make your own gelatin, you can use lamb shanks instead of beef oxtail if it is not available.

Oraganic4me

Did you mean how to buy it pre-made or how to make it yourself?
I can give you my recipe if you want to make your own oxtail soup.

Aymen

When he says "chicken soup with the fat skimmed off," does he mean a whole chicken or the gelatinous cuts like the feet?
i think he meant chicken backs and wings.

[GLYCINE SOURCE] I occasionally use some powdered gelatin for things like making marshmallows, but usually I get my gelatin from soup, such as ox-tails. lamb shanks, or chicken backs and wings.

Fractality

i think he meant chicken backs and wings.

[GLYCINE SOURCE] I occasionally use some powdered gelatin for things like making marshmallows, but usually I get my gelatin from soup, such as ox-tails. lamb shanks, or chicken backs and wings.

Thanks, I've never seen chicken back even in the asian grocery stores. Do you think he uses the wings with the skin on?

aquaman

Chicken feet and necks are excellent for gelatin. Boil for an hour or two, Cool then put in the fridge. It sets hard like jello, then you scrape the fat off the top. Then you reheat abc you have chicken soup which is mostly protein.

Fractality

of course off, the majority of the fat in chicken is unstaurated and it's in the skin so remove it.

RP also has this quote in his article on gelatin:

When we eat animal proteins in the traditional ways (for example, eating fish head soup, as well as the muscles, or “head-cheese” as well as pork chops, and chicken-foot soup as well as drumsticks)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals