If You Didn't Listen To What Foods Ray Peat Eats Yet

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes!
I sauté yellow onions a bit then add a red romano pepper and vine ripened tomatoes (2 medium) to it and sauté them until the tomatoes lose their water like consistency.
I remove the pressure cooker from the heat and mix in a TSP or more of sweet paprika powder. It's an important step, otherwise the paprika powder burns and turns bitter. I add 2-3 pieces of trotters cut lengthwise (this comfortably fits in my medium size pressure cooker), a generous amount of caraway seeds (3-4 pinches), salt, pepper and water - not too much; to cover the meat. In about an hour, the trotters should become soft and when they nearly fall off the bone, I add 2 medium sized potatoes cut LENGTHWISE and further cook it in the pressure cooker until the consistency of the dish becomes thicker and sticky. Be careful not to burn the food as the trotters have the tendency to stick to the bottom of the pot. Using too much water will not result in a tasty dish. :happy:
Thank you! :):

Fractality

10 hours? why not high heat for 3 hours or pressure cooker for 1 hour and 10 minutes?

I don't have a pressure cooker. I just chose "high" and for 10 hours since I also put a big brisket, with potatoes and mushrooms as well. It came out nice. But yes I think I could get away with "low" setting for 4-6 hours if just make gelatinous broth.

Aymen

I don't have a pressure cooker. I just chose "high" and for 10 hours since I also put a big brisket, with potatoes and mushrooms as well. It came out nice. But yes I think I could get away with "low" setting for 4-6 hours if just make gelatinous broth.
i think some parts of the animal take more time to extract the gelatin like beef feet, maybe 5 hours or more, for sure lamb shanks or oxtail need high heat for about 3-4 hours.
see this thread Bone Broth and Gelatin

managing

I swear I've read somewhere RP quoted as saying its important to barely simmer. Vigorous boil did something bad, but I can't remember what?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals