Im Curious- What Do You Eat?

Lizb

I drink usually 4-5 liters per day of full fat goat milk with sugar. Since I don’t tolerate too many foods and feel best on milk, I made it the centerpiece of my diet back in June 2021. But I’m also a 6 foot tall man.

Do you start to feel full before you reach the two liters? You can also use cheese along with the milk, to reach the daily calcium goals.
I'm eating three meals a day plus snacks so I suppose dropping some of that might make it easier to consume the 2 litres.

Yes, often I don't want to drink anymore but would actually like something 'heavier' with crunch, say an oat biscuit.

I eat cheese. Fage yogurt. I get fed up with cheese. Who said cheese was addictive?!

Vileplume

I'm eating three meals a day plus snacks so I suppose dropping some of that might make it easier to consume the 2 litres.

Yes, often I don't want to drink anymore but would actually like something 'heavier' with crunch, say an oat biscuit.

I eat cheese. Fage yogurt. I get fed up with cheese. Who said cheese was addictive?!
If you’re also having Greek yogurt and some cheese (I think it is addictive haha, but it upsets my stomach) along with some milk, you might not have to hit the two liters.

I know what you mean about wanting something more solid instead. I don’t do that because everything else upsets my gut, but if the oat biscuit feels good and digests well it might be a better choice than forcing milk that isn’t appetizing.

youngsinatra

Basmati Rice
Chicken Or Lean Beef
Legumes (Black Beans, Black Eyed Peas)
Zuchinni, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic
Oatmeal
Fruits (Kiwi, Apples, Pears, Berries, Bananas)
Mineral Water
Coffee
Pure Juices (Cranberry, Pomegranate)
White Salt

FrenchKiwi

Basmati Rice
Chicken Or Lean Beef
Legumes (Black Beans, Black Eyed Peas)
Zuchinni, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic
Oatmeal
Fruits (Kiwi, Apples, Pears, Berries, Bananas)
Mineral Water
Coffee
Pure Juices (Cranberry, Pomegranate)
White Salt
I see that you have done the carnivore diet before. Some of my friends have lost a lot of weight and look fantastic doing this. Can you give me your experience, why I shouldn't try it and what you would do instead for weight loss without constant hunger

Vileplume

With pasteurized milk, I get a white coated tongue. And yep, cane sugar is cooked. It no longer makes me bloated, but it still leaves me with a coated tongue and some brain fog. Ever since my mum's passing, I've needed a lot of sugar to sleep through the night and prevent nightmares, and the fruit here has been so unripe that the sugar sweetened coconut water is the lesser of two evils. However, now that I figured out the source of the migraines, I’m going to be experimenting with reducing my carbs and upping my fats so that my diet is closer to the one I was on just after I fractured. I’ve been a bit afraid of reducing my carbs because of my mum’s passing and my history of depression and anxiety, but I’m no longer satisfied on a high-carb, low-fat diet. Similar to when I was on a fruitarian diet, I’m finding that I’m always ravenous after meals now and craving creamy milk, yogurt and cheese with only small amounts of sugar like a spoon of honey or a glass of juice or sweetened tisane.
Hey Jennifer. Revisiting the white tongue thing, does raw honey leave your tongue clear, unlike white sugar?

aniciete

a natural soda (blueberry, lemon lime or mandarin orange)
What brand of do you drink? I’ve had a hard time coming across clean brands
Very interesting. So you did conclude that the caffeine caused the migraines? I’m curious to see how your higher fat experiment goes.

I’ll pay special attention to the cooked-vs-uncooked sugar thing moving forward. The odd thing is that for random chunks of time over the past few months, I’ve gotten a clear tongue and felt excellent—despite drinking pasteurized milk and white sugar. It’s happened just a small percentage of the time, but it makes me wonder if the coffee is more likely. If my current no-coffee experiment (started today) doesn’t fix it, I’ll try only raw goat milk.
have you considered the white tongue is due to low saliva production? I haven’t really seen people talk about this much but drinking 4-5 liters of liquid as your main source of food doesn’t seem ideal considering it’s tough to salivate it properly. Since lowering liquids and adding in foods that I can properly salivate, my digestion is much more robust. Clear tongue, more bowel movements, no brain fog, etc.

Nomane Euger

have you considered the white tongue is due to low saliva production? I haven’t really seen people talk about this much but drinking 4-5 liters of liquid as your main source of food doesn’t seem ideal considering it’s tough to salivate it properly. Since lowering liquids and adding in foods that I can properly salivate, my digestion is much more robust. Clear tongue, more bowel movements, no brain fog, etc.
hi,why would high liquidfoods diet would impair saliva production?

Nomane Euger

Vileplume

That’s a great idea. I’ve noticed that when my mouth gets dry (during a workout, for example), the saliva’s boundary aligns exactly with the white coating.

The only problem is that I don’t tolerate any solid foods well—fruits, starches, they all give me digestive discomfort and bloating. At least with the white tongue on milk, my bloating is mostly reduced. What solid foods do you tolerate well?

aniciete

That’s a great idea. I’ve noticed that when my mouth gets dry (during a workout, for example), the saliva’s boundary aligns exactly with the white coating.

The only problem is that I don’t tolerate any solid foods well—fruits, starches, they all give me digestive discomfort and bloating. At least with the white tongue on milk, my bloating is mostly reduced. What solid foods do you tolerate well?
I’ve been eating a lot of tortillas and very ripe honeydew melons. Do you by any chance eat eggs? Do you notice your tongue get cleared up after weekly liver?

Vileplume

I’ve been eating a lot of tortillas and very ripe honeydew melons. Do you by any chance eat eggs? Do you notice your tongue get cleared up after weekly liver?
Nice. I enjoy tortillas, but they give me an ear rash—just like oat bran.

And I love honeydew, but I think it makes me bloated (not 100% sure though).

I do eat eggs, liver, and carrots, but not haven’t noticed a distinct pattern of tongue improvement with them.

Sometimes, even with this large amount of milk, I’ll have a stretch of 2-3 days where my tongue clears up. Additionally, substituting OJ or grape juice for the milk seems to help with the white tongue (it just gives me other digestive problems).

aniciete

Nice. I enjoy tortillas, but they give me an ear rash—just like oat bran.

And I love honeydew, but I think it makes me bloated (not 100% sure though).

I do eat eggs, liver, and carrots, but not haven’t noticed a distinct pattern of tongue improvement with them.

Sometimes, even with this large amount of milk, I’ll have a stretch of 2-3 days where my tongue clears up. Additionally, substituting OJ or grape juice for the milk seems to help with the white tongue (it just gives me other digestive problems).
Interesting about the rash. Melons can be tricky, especially if they arent 100% ripe. I’ve been finding them at farm stands lately and I think they’ve been a lot riper because they are outdoors in the sun.
B3, B6 (animal version, P5P), folate, choline, zinc, proteins high in histidine all help this so any foods containing these help. Examples being:

Beef steak, Pork (high in B3, B6, zinc, histidine, some choline)

Chicken (much higher in B3 and B6, histidine)

Eggs (high in choline only, a 2-3 is sufficient)

For folate, certain fruits especially tropical fruits (mango, oranges, banana, papaya) are high in folate and most green vegetables are high in folate (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc). So if you like eating those and your digestion can tolerate them, those are good folate sources. Otherwise, you can supplement 3mg a day of folate. Manganese also is pro-acetylcholine and is present in most fruits and vegetables, but especially pineapples.

For quicker relief (dry mouth as a said is the enemy of dental health), zinc/B3/B6/folate as supplements can be taken while eating plenty of proteins for histidine.

Its low acetylcholine and/or low histamine. Dehydration and low electrolytes can of course cause it. Medications and sometimes certain supplements can do it. High copper intake can promote dry mouth while zinc promotes salivation because its needed for muscarinic receptor function (M receptors triggers salivation).

Pharmacological doses of Zn2+ induce a muscarinic cholinergic supersensitivity - PubMed

Because its the saliva that mainly protects the teeth from degeneration and possibly promote regeneration. Minerals are minor players in protecting the teeth directly. High stress or high sympathetic activity leads to acute and chronic dry mouth. Or avoiding choline or anything promoting cholinergic activity. Lets remember that Peat is not a fan of acetylcholine at least in regards to its effect on behavior (but no one NT works in isolation so its hard to put the blame on just one). Perhaps he avoids choline to some degree. I doubt that, but I believe excess sympathetic activity which can be caused by stimulants (like caffeine, of which Peat definitely promotes) or B vitamin/choline deficiency caused by coffee (depletes Bs), empty sugar, low intakes, and increased requirements lead to these issues.
With the saliva flow, you may want to check out some of redsuns posts regarding acetylcholine. Things like sugar, high vitamin a, coffee will lower acteylcholine which is needed for fluid secretion. I think he recommended 800mg-1g of choline a day especially if you are active/workout. Personally, adding in 3-4 yolks daily and a good serving of lamb shanks has prevented dry mouth when working out.

Vileplume

Interesting about the rash. Melons can be tricky, especially if they arent 100% ripe. I’ve been finding them at farm stands lately and I think they’ve been a lot riper because they are outdoors in the sun.

With the saliva flow, you may want to check out some of redsuns posts regarding acetylcholine. Things like sugar, high vitamin a, coffee will lower acteylcholine which is needed for fluid secretion. I think he recommended 800mg-1g of choline a day especially if you are active/workout. Personally, adding in 3-4 yolks daily and a good serving of lamb shanks has prevented dry mouth when working out.
Thanks for that, and thanks to @redsun too.

I’ve suspected coffee on and off, but the choline piece adds a new dimension to why coffee might cause problems. With large amounts of coffee and sugar, and mostly milk, I’ve probably depleted several nutrients (choline and maybe zinc too, probably Bs).

Last week, when I took three days off of coffee, my waking temperature rose almost half a degree. Naively, I added it back in since, hoping something else was the culprit, but now my temperature’s tanked again.

Maybe by adding eggs and some red meat, and some OJ too, and removing coffee, my mouth will become more salivated and my white tongue will go away.

I also want to try simply dropping sugar, because both Jennifer and tca300 have said they don’t digest it well.

aniciete

Thanks for that, and thanks to @redsun too.

I’ve suspected coffee on and off, but the choline piece adds a new dimension to why coffee might cause problems. With large amounts of coffee and sugar, and mostly milk, I’ve probably depleted several nutrients (choline and maybe zinc too, probably Bs).

Last week, when I took three days off of coffee, my waking temperature rose almost half a degree. Naively, I added it back in since, hoping something else was the culprit, but now my temperature’s tanked again.

Maybe by adding eggs and some red meat, and some OJ too, and removing coffee, my mouth will become more salivated and my white tongue will go away.

I also want to try simply dropping sugar, because both Jennifer and tca300 have said they don’t digest it well.
Yeah definitely experiment with coffee and adding in some meat/eggs. I was overdoing it by drinking 3-5 cups a day and have cut down to just 1 in the morning and my temps/sleep have been a lot more steady. I’ve had issues with maple syrup, cane sugar, beet sugar, and lots of pre packaged juices. Now I tend to stick with some non allergenic honey, fresh sweet juices and occasionally a good quality soda for sugars.

For eggs, keep the yolks runny so you don’t lose any of the choline. Either mix it into some milk and honey or you could soft boil/pan fry them.

Vileplume

Yeah definitely experiment with coffee and adding in some meat/eggs. I was overdoing it by drinking 3-5 cups a day and have cut down to just 1 in the morning and my temps/sleep have been a lot more steady. I’ve had issues with maple syrup, cane sugar, beet sugar, and lots of pre packaged juices. Now I tend to stick with some non allergenic honey, fresh sweet juices and occasionally a good quality soda for sugars.

For eggs, keep the yolks runny so you don’t lose any of the choline. Either mix it into some milk and honey or you could soft boil/pan fry them.
How do you distinguish between non-allergenic honey and allergenic honey?

aniciete

How do you distinguish between non-allergenic honey and allergenic honey?
Basically just trying different kinds. I think Peat and others on here have mentioned the lighter the color, the less allergenic. I actually ordered some of the honey @Jennifer likes “Wendell Estates Honey” and it’s been treating me great. With the local honey I was consuming, I would get a runny nose and it would tickle the back of my throat.

Vileplume

Basically just trying different kinds. I think Peat and others on here have mentioned the lighter the color, the less allergenic. I actually ordered some of the honey @Jennifer likes “Wendell Estates Honey” and it’s been treating me great. With the local honey I was consuming, I would get a runny nose and it would tickle the back of my throat.
Awesome—yeah, my teeth are extremely sensitive to the honey I’ve been using. I appreciate all the info and help!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals