What Do Skinny People Eat?

D

Deleted member 5487

Do you workout nowadays? @Amarsh213

Always have since HS. I mainly do Strength heavy 1-2 reps 3 sets. So much less exhausting and my frame/phenotype responds best to explosive work.

Yeah. Now I do. My Testosterone might have doubled or tripped since. Not even kidding

Ray Peat: Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?
"Generally, fruits, roots, and tubers provide a high concentration of nutrients along with low concentrations of toxic antimetabolic substances.

While nutritional reference tables often show fruits and potatoes as having about 2% protein content, while nuts, grains, and legumes are shown with a high protein content, often in the range of 15% to 40%, they neglect to point out that fruits and potatoes have a very high water content, while that of the seeds is extremely low. The protein content of milk is about 3%, which according to the charts would suggest that it is inferior to beans and grains. In fact, the protein value of grain is negligible, mainly because seeds contain their protein in a storage form, that is extremely rich in nitrogen, but poor in essential amino acids. Special preparation is needed to reduce the toxicity of seeds, and in the case of beans, these methods are never very satisfactory."- RP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WITHOUT Question I feel substantially better after some non salted potatoes and a bit of fruit for dessert, then I do after any kind of protein from milk, to meat, to eggs. Only after 2-3 consecutive meals without protein do I feel some desire to eat meat, then I do.

Now ONLY if I would have listen to this guy 2.5 years ago!!! Damn
Private message
View attachment 18377

That Guys Test Level was 1126 natty, which is nuts.

" 270-1070 ng/dL with an average level of 679 ng/dL"

Thats like 6 pack abs and raging libido, 0% face fat.

Maljam

Yeah. Now I do. My Testosterone might have doubled or tripped since. Not even kidding

Ray Peat: Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?
"Generally, fruits, roots, and tubers provide a high concentration of nutrients along with low concentrations of toxic antimetabolic substances.

While nutritional reference tables often show fruits and potatoes as having about 2% protein content, while nuts, grains, and legumes are shown with a high protein content, often in the range of 15% to 40%, they neglect to point out that fruits and potatoes have a very high water content, while that of the seeds is extremely low. The protein content of milk is about 3%, which according to the charts would suggest that it is inferior to beans and grains. In fact, the protein value of grain is negligible, mainly because seeds contain their protein in a storage form, that is extremely rich in nitrogen, but poor in essential amino acids. Special preparation is needed to reduce the toxicity of seeds, and in the case of beans, these methods are never very satisfactory."- RP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WITHOUT Question I feel substantially better after some non salted potatoes and a bit of fruit for dessert, then I do after any kind of protein from milk, to meat, to eggs. Only after 2-3 consecutive meals without protein do I feel some desire to eat meat, then I do.

Now ONLY if I would have listen to this guy 2.5 years ago!!! Damn
Private message
View attachment 18377

I am interested in your experiences with potatoes. How much do you eat per meal and how do you prepare them?

Is there any other variables than potatoes that could cause the positive reactions that you can think of?

D

Deleted member 5487

I am interested in your experiences with potatoes. How much do you eat per meal and how do you prepare them?

Is there any other variables than potatoes that could cause the positive reactions that you can think of?

Microwave them on a plate with water and wet papertowel on top.

Potatos have negtaive PRAL, have great amminos acids, potassium and destroy rice and other peasant grains.

I eat hashbrowns and fruit for breakfast, bake potatos/peas for lunch, mabey some red meat for dinner.

Maljam

Microwave them on a plate with water and wet papertowel on top.

Potatos have negtaive PRAL, have great amminos acids, potassium and destroy rice and other peasant grains.

I eat hashbrowns and fruit for breakfast, bake potatos/peas for lunch, mabey some red meat for dinner.

Sounds good. I noticed your post because I feel best with potatoes as practically the whole of my carb source too.

Jessie

I think skinny people eat much of the same stuff overweight people eat. The million dollar question, especially for fat people (lol), is why can some people eat the same exact foods but not gain a pound?

Probably has something to do with hormones, and the microbiome. People with low cortisol can gain weight, but they typically won't put weight on around their abdominal area.

I think elevated cortisol, prolactin, and aldosterone has something to do with it. People generally swell and become inflamed, and they develop chubby faces and pot bellies. Most people's "weight" is probably mostly fluid retention.

I've also personally seen life-long skinny people spontaneously get fat, and get fat fast. I had a friend in high school, and he was skinny all of his life, but at 24 he started putting on weight. And it started accumulating rather quickly, within two years his waist went up 3 sizes. And he claimed he didn't know what caused it. Said he ate roughly the same amount of food he's always ate.

redsun

I think skinny people eat much of the same stuff overweight people eat. The million dollar question, especially for fat people (lol), is why can some people eat the same exact foods but not gain a pound?

Answer is mostly due to brain histamine. Also related are glutamate and the catecholamines. High brain histamine increases satiety. It has literally nothing to do with what foods they are eating nor the quality of the foods.

That's why there are both skinny and fat people eating the same foods while a certain set of the population stays lean or even underweight (excess histamine) naturally while there are those naturally inclined to be overweight.

You raise low brain histamine (and increase glutamate/catecholamines), you fix the faulty satiety present in overweight and obese people and thus fix the weight problem.

These people still need to cut calories to reduce the body fat they gained over the years but hunger will be strongly reduced back towards normal while making the weight loss process easier AND when they finally get down to their goal weight, they aren't going to do the slow climb back upwards that is common in the vast majority of people who successfully lose weight. Reason it happens is because they never fixed their appetite problem that causes them to want to eat themselves up to 50+ lbs overweight. Correcting the brain chemical imbalance will alloq overweight people to maintain a lower (healthier) body weight irrelevant of whatever nonsense people like to say will make you fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals