Im Curious- What Do You Eat?

Tenacity

I have exactly same problem with fruits, on the one hand they energize me, but than I have to eat more of them, and after eating more comes the point when I am too anxious or have brain fog.

Do you eat potatoes through out the day or only for dinner ?
I eat them at lunch and dinner typically, maybe spread throughout the day. I usually eat them as oven-baked fries, cooked in coconut oil, with generous salt.

aussiebaldguy

milk
sugar
cheese cottage, brie, camembert
oj
raw liver
raw beef
bone broth
potato
white rice
AND MILK CHOCOLATE i am suddenly addicted to it...why?

neu4

Skim milk
Plain yogurt
Bread
Potatoes
Beef or white fish
Carrots
Mushrooms

Jam

I drink whole unhomogenized milk from sheep, goats, or cows (A2) with breakfast and between meals with coffee, and orange juice. No water. Red wine with dinner.

Oatmeal for breakfast with milk and dates. Potatoes, rice (risotto), (unenriched) pasta, or beans for lunch/dinner, always accompanied by cheese, mostly parmesan.

Lots of seasonal fresh fruit, some tropical (imported), and lots of medjool dates. Lots of chestnuts when they're in season and I can collect enough. They grow in my "back yard".

Moderate amounts of prosciutto, eggs (one a day, more or less), and steak or fish once a week or so, plus occasional organ meats.

Loads of local wild mushrooms when they're in season, I collect them personally from the nearby woods. Dried, in very moderate amounts, throughout the rest of the year.

Veggies, not many. Mostly homegrown tomato or zucchini with the pasta. Moderate amounts of spices, mainly thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, cayenne, and bay leaf.

We cook and prepare all our meals ourselves from the ground up.

Last edited:

Jennifer

This is a typical day of eating for me, currently:

BREAKFAST: Flourless banana crêpes with maple syrup or a soft boiled egg, a fruit and cream shake (wild black raspberry, peach or wild strawberry), and black tea cold brewed in raw Thai coconut water

SNACK: Custard or raw honey sweetened vanilla peppermint ice cream, and a natural soda (blueberry, lemon lime or mandarin orange)

LUNCH: Raw goat’s milk, goat gouda, spiced compôte (cinnamon and nutmeg with cherries, figs, peaches or wild berries—blackberries, black raspberries, blueberries, golden raspberries and mulberries), and cold-brewed black tea

SNACK: White chocolate covered sukkari dates or freeze-dried American paw paw and honeydew melon juice

DINNER: Raw goat’s milk, crustless quiche or an omelette, mixed fruit bowl (strawberries, mandarin oranges, honeydew melon, pink muscat grapes and white donut peaches), and cold-brewed tisane (chamomile, honeybush, nettle or peppermint)

Vileplume

This is a typical day of eating for me, currently:

BREAKFAST: Flourless banana crêpes with maple syrup or a soft boiled egg, a fruit and cream shake (wild black raspberry, peach or wild strawberry), and black tea cold brewed in raw Thai coconut water

SNACK: Custard or raw honey sweetened vanilla peppermint ice cream, and a natural soda (blueberry, lemon lime or mandarin orange)

LUNCH: Raw goat’s milk, goat gouda, spiced compôte (cinnamon and nutmeg with cherries, figs, peaches or wild berries—blackberries, black raspberries, blueberries, golden raspberries and mulberries), and cold-brewed black tea

SNACK: White chocolate covered sukkari dates or freeze-dried American paw paw and honeydew melon juice

DINNER: Raw goat’s milk, crustless quiche or an omelette, mixed fruit bowl (strawberries, mandarin oranges, honeydew melon, pink muscat grapes and white donut peaches), and cold-brewed tisane (chamomile, honeybush, nettle or peppermint)
Hey Jennifer!

When you brew your black tea in coconut water, do you boil the coconut water? Or is it more of a cold brew?

Edit: Whoops, you already answered in your post. Haha, thank you!

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer!

When you brew your black tea in coconut water, do you boil the coconut water? Or is it more of a cold brew?

Edit: Whoops, you already answered in your post. Haha, thank you!

Hi Tyler!

I prefer the flavor of tea when steeped in hot liquids, but don't like the taste of heated coconut water and at the time I wrote that post, I was testing out the coconut water as a base for the extra sugar and minerals. I now brew the tea in just enough boiling water to cover the leaves so that it's concentrated and then after it has cooled, I add the concentrate to coconut water. Did you end up trying out the tea boiled in milk?

Vileplume

Hi Tyler!

I prefer the flavor of tea when steeped in hot liquids, but don't like the taste of heated coconut water and at the time I wrote that post, I was testing out the coconut water as a base for the extra sugar and minerals. I now brew the tea in just enough boiling water to cover the leaves so that it's concentrated and then after it has cooled, I add the concentrate to coconut water. Did you end up trying out the tea boiled in milk?
That sounds like a great way to do it. So, you drink your coconut water cold! Although Harmless Harvest does not digest well for me, Trader Joe’s refrigerated coconut water does seem to digest well. However, it causes me to pee a lot of clear liquid after drinking it, and I’ve noticed that my waking temperature drops significantly the mornings after I drink coconut water (at least I think it’s the coconut water causing it). Have you ever noticed anything along those lines?

I still have not tried the tea in milk because I’ve stubbornly tried to find a coffee that works for me—I enjoy the taste so much. I tried an organic San Francisco Bay Coffee Co. coffee that does not cause bloating. I think it’s all good, but some of my symptoms still remain—a coated tongue and the brain fog and agitation that go along with it. So, maybe the coffee is sneakily causing those symptoms. I might have to remove it again, because my waking temperature seemed to rise on the days after I didn’t drink coffee, although I mentally get more tired on those days.

Jennifer

That sounds like a great way to do it. So, you drink your coconut water cold! Although Harmless Harvest does not digest well for me, Trader Joe’s refrigerated coconut water does seem to digest well. However, it causes me to pee a lot of clear liquid after drinking it, and I’ve noticed that my waking temperature drops significantly the mornings after I drink coconut water (at least I think it’s the coconut water causing it). Have you ever noticed anything along those lines?

I still have not tried the tea in milk because I’ve stubbornly tried to find a coffee that works for me—I enjoy the taste so much. I tried an organic San Francisco Bay Coffee Co. coffee that does not cause bloating. I think it’s all good, but some of my symptoms still remain—a coated tongue and the brain fog and agitation that go along with it. So, maybe the coffee is sneakily causing those symptoms. I might have to remove it again, because my waking temperature seemed to rise on the days after I didn’t drink coffee, although I mentally get more tired on those days.

This is based on what I learned while following RBTI so not exactly peaty, but I’m wondering if the coconut water is diluting your sugars. If I drink too much coconut water unsweetened, I do pee clear and frequently, and my temp drops—when testing my urine Brix with a refractometer, it reads 0. My sweet spot is around 2. This is why I never drink plain water, and I only get coconut water that comes from the Thai Nam Hom variety. It’s the sweetest variety out of all the ones I’ve tried, however, still not sweet enough to keep from crashing my sugars. I have to be careful with fully skimmed milk, also. The protein makes it more “osmotically balanced” as Ray called it, but not totally for me. Having at least some fat in it prevents the hypoglycemia.

Gotcha. I understand. I was reluctant to remove black tea from my diet because I enjoy its flavor so much, but I’m avoiding caffeine for the time being. I think I may have already asked you something in regards to this, but do you still experience those symptoms if you remove coffee from your diet but continue having (cane) sugar? If so, do you also experience those symptoms with starches, maple syrup and/or pasteurized fruit juice, but not fresh/raw (ripe) fruit juice?

Vileplume

This is based on what I learned while following RBTI so not exactly peaty, but I’m wondering if the coconut water is diluting your sugars. If I drink too much coconut water unsweetened, I do pee clear and frequently, and my temp drops—when testing my urine Brix with a refractometer, it reads 0. My sweet spot is around 2. This is why I never drink plain water, and I only get coconut water that comes from the Thai Nam Hom variety. It’s the sweetest variety out of all the ones I’ve tried, however, still not sweet enough to keep from crashing my sugars. I have to be careful with fully skimmed milk, also. The protein makes it more “osmotically balanced” as Ray called it, but not totally for me. Having at least some fat in it prevents the hypoglycemia.

Gotcha. I understand. I was reluctant to remove black tea from my diet because I enjoy its flavor so much, but I’m avoiding caffeine for the time being. I think I may have already asked you something in regards to this, but do you still experience those symptoms if you remove coffee from your diet but continue having (cane) sugar? If so, do you also experience those symptoms with starches, maple syrup and/or pasteurized fruit juice, but not fresh/raw (ripe) fruit juice?
Great information about the coconut water and dilution—that makes a lot of sense, and might explain why I do well with whole milk (especially warm) but most other liquids seem to lead to frequent urination. As a general pattern, I feel better when I’m peeing just 5-6 times a day and it has a darker tone. Usually I end up peeing much more often than that though. I’ll try without the coconut water today and see how it affects tomorrow’s temp.

Last week I removed coffee for a few days and the symptoms remained, but I think I had a stomach bug because I had this deeply uncomfortable lower-belly bloat that lingered despite me only drinking warm milk and sugar, which I’ve previously had and been just fine. Although all the symptoms remained, my temperature did climb up on those days when I had just milk and sugar—perhaps it’s worth revisiting for a bit longer. (As a side note, I have not found a way to reliably eliminate those symptoms. I would LOVE to live without this coated tongue, but haven’t found the solution yet.)

I get those symptoms with pretty much everything—very poor reaction to starches especially mentally, gas from maple syrup, and bloating from all pasteurized juices I’ve tried recently—except ripe, whole fruit. I think ripe fresh-squeezed juice would also eliminate it, but I haven’t found a fresh-squeezed juice lately that agrees with my stomach.

By the way, thanks for the thoughtful questions.

Why are you trying a stint of no caffeine?

Jennifer

Great information about the coconut water and dilution—that makes a lot of sense, and might explain why I do well with whole milk (especially warm) but most other liquids seem to lead to frequent urination. As a general pattern, I feel better when I’m peeing just 5-6 times a day and it has a darker tone. Usually I end up peeing much more often than that though. I’ll try without the coconut water today and see how it affects tomorrow’s temp.

Last week I removed coffee for a few days and the symptoms remained, but I think I had a stomach bug because I had this deeply uncomfortable lower-belly bloat that lingered despite me only drinking warm milk and sugar, which I’ve previously had and been just fine. Although all the symptoms remained, my temperature did climb up on those days when I had just milk and sugar—perhaps it’s worth revisiting for a bit longer. (As a side note, I have not found a way to reliably eliminate those symptoms. I would LOVE to live without this coated tongue, but haven’t found the solution yet.)

I get those symptoms with pretty much everything—very poor reaction to starches especially mentally, gas from maple syrup, and bloating from all pasteurized juices I’ve tried recently—except ripe, whole fruit. I think ripe fresh-squeezed juice would also eliminate it, but I haven’t found a fresh-squeezed juice lately that agrees with my stomach.

By the way, thanks for the thoughtful questions.

Why are you trying a stint of no caffeine?

Ah, okay. Darker urine would point to a higher Brix. I asked about the cooked sugars versus raw sugars because the RBTI biochemist I worked with also specialized in enzymes and ran a test that showed I digested raw, simple sugars well, but not cooked and complex ones, likely due to poor thyroid function and its effect on the adrenals and their role in sugar metabolism. I don’t experience the symptoms you’ve mentioned with raw fruit/fruit juice and raw milk, but do with cooked sugars so I was wondering if maybe your symptoms were due to a similar reason, given you’ve struggled with poor thyroid function, as well.

My pleasure, Tyler. :)

I’ve been experiencing migraines since last weekend so I wanted to rule out caffeine as the culprit.

Vileplume

Ah, okay. Darker urine would point to a higher Brix. I asked about the cooked sugars versus raw sugars because the RBTI biochemist I worked with also specialized in enzymes and ran a test that showed I digested raw, simple sugars well, but not cooked and complex ones, likely due to poor thyroid function and its effect on the adrenals and their role in sugar metabolism. I don’t experience the symptoms you’ve mentioned with raw fruit/fruit juice and raw milk, but do with cooked sugars so I was wondering if maybe your symptoms were due to a similar reason, given you’ve struggled with poor thyroid function, as well.

My pleasure, Tyler. :)

I’ve been experiencing migraines since last weekend so I wanted to rule out caffeine as the culprit.
Hmm, that’s fascinating about cooked vs. raw sugars. Does pasteurized milk cause the symptoms of cooked sugar? And just to be clear, is cane sugar considered uncooked? I’ve read that you do well with it.

Jennifer

Hmm, that’s fascinating about cooked vs. raw sugars. Does pasteurized milk cause the symptoms of cooked sugar? And just to be clear, is cane sugar considered uncooked? I’ve read that you do well with it.

With pasteurized milk, I get a white coated tongue. And yep, cane sugar is cooked. It no longer makes me bloated, but it still leaves me with a coated tongue and some brain fog. Ever since my mum's passing, I've needed a lot of sugar to sleep through the night and prevent nightmares, and the fruit here has been so unripe that the sugar sweetened coconut water is the lesser of two evils. However, now that I figured out the source of the migraines, I’m going to be experimenting with reducing my carbs and upping my fats so that my diet is closer to the one I was on just after I fractured. I’ve been a bit afraid of reducing my carbs because of my mum’s passing and my history of depression and anxiety, but I’m no longer satisfied on a high-carb, low-fat diet. Similar to when I was on a fruitarian diet, I’m finding that I’m always ravenous after meals now and craving creamy milk, yogurt and cheese with only small amounts of sugar like a spoon of honey or a glass of juice or sweetened tisane.

Vileplume

With pasteurized milk, I get a white coated tongue. And yep, cane sugar is cooked. It no longer makes me bloated, but it still leaves me with a coated tongue and some brain fog. Ever since my mum's passing, I've needed a lot of sugar to sleep through the night and prevent nightmares, and the fruit here has been so unripe that the sugar sweetened coconut water is the lesser of two evils. However, now that I figured out the source of the migraines, I’m going to be experimenting with reducing my carbs and upping my fats so that my diet is closer to the one I was on just after I fractured. I’ve been a bit afraid of reducing my carbs because of my mum’s passing and my history of depression and anxiety, but I’m no longer satisfied on a high-carb, low-fat diet. Similar to when I was on a fruitarian diet, I’m finding that I’m always ravenous after meals now and craving creamy milk, yogurt and cheese with only small amounts of sugar like a spoon of honey or a glass of juice or sweetened tisane.
Very interesting. So you did conclude that the caffeine caused the migraines? I’m curious to see how your higher fat experiment goes.

I’ll pay special attention to the cooked-vs-uncooked sugar thing moving forward. The odd thing is that for random chunks of time over the past few months, I’ve gotten a clear tongue and felt excellent—despite drinking pasteurized milk and white sugar. It’s happened just a small percentage of the time, but it makes me wonder if the coffee is more likely. If my current no-coffee experiment (started today) doesn’t fix it, I’ll try only raw goat milk.

Jennifer

Very interesting. So you did conclude that the caffeine caused the migraines? I’m curious to see how your higher fat experiment goes.

I’ll pay special attention to the cooked-vs-uncooked sugar thing moving forward. The odd thing is that for random chunks of time over the past few months, I’ve gotten a clear tongue and felt excellent—despite drinking pasteurized milk and white sugar. It’s happened just a small percentage of the time, but it makes me wonder if the coffee is more likely. If my current no-coffee experiment (started today) doesn’t fix it, I’ll try only raw goat milk.

The cause turned out to be some bad peppermint. I had full-fat dairy before bed last night and full-fat dairy all day today and to my surprise and relief, this is the first day since my mum’s passing that I haven’t had this underlying fear of death. I just feel really satisfied and relaxed.

Given you’ve had chunks of time where you’ve had a clear tongue and felt excellent while consuming cooked sugars, I do think you’re right to suspect another cause. If it is the coffee, knowing how much you like it, I hope it’s not all coffee.

Vileplume

The cause turned out to be some bad peppermint. I had full-fat dairy before bed last night and full-fat dairy all day today and to my surprise and relief, this is the first day since my mum’s passing that I haven’t had this underlying fear of death. I just feel really satisfied and relaxed.

Given you’ve had chunks of time where you’ve had a clear tongue and felt excellent while consuming cooked sugars, I do think you’re right to suspect another cause. If it is the coffee, knowing how much you like it, I hope it’s not all coffee.
So awesome to hear that the full fat has treated you well! I bet you’ve really enjoyed those meals.

I don’t think it’s the sugar or the coffee, actually, because I’ve had clear-tongue phases with both. Right now I’m trying raw milk only, plus really focusing on sipping my milk slowly instead of chugging or gulping it. This afternoon registered my highest afternoon temperature in a week. We’ll see.

Positive futures for us!

Jennifer

@Vileplume, thank you! :) It’s too soon to tell if it’s going to last, but I’ll take it for as long as it does. I’m definitely enjoying my meals—they’re the equivalent of ice cream and cheesecake. I can die a happy girl.

Woo-hoo! That’s wonderful! Digits crossed it’s a sign you’re headed in the right direction. I should probably try sipping my milk slowly too, instead of inhaling like I typically do. I eat every meal like it’s my last one. :hilarious:

Lizb

So awesome to hear that the full fat has treated you well! I bet you’ve really enjoyed those meals.

I don’t think it’s the sugar or the coffee, actually, because I’ve had clear-tongue phases with both. Right now I’m trying raw milk only, plus really focusing on sipping my milk slowly instead of chugging or gulping it. This afternoon registered my highest afternoon temperature in a week. We’ll see.

Positive futures for us!
How much milk do you drink? Every time I email Ray he says to drink 2 litres of milk a day.

I've never managed it.

Semi skimmed unhomogenised milk, maple syrup, raw honey, berries, satsumas, caramelised fruit(apples and bananas easier to eat when cooked) coconut oil, fish gelatine from the skins(has more type I collagen in it than Beef, chicken, or pork),PUFA free chocolate, ice cream also PUFA free, oysters, mussels, white practically PUFA free fish, ox liver, corn tortilla chips, corn tortilla wraps, proper sourdough bread(no emulsifiers at all), potatoes, sweet potatoes, Gruyere, Comte, Gouda, cheddar (all AOC and unsuitable for vegetarians), cottage cheese, Casein shakes, hot chocolate/milkshake powder with no lecithin

Things i eat infrequently that aint really in line with Peats views, or perhaps they are since he has been eating oat meal apparently recently:

Chicken breast, soaked oats, soaked white rice, sorghum, fish with PUFA about every 3 weeks usually salmon or mackerel (i have noticed cognitive benefits from it despite everything everybody says about PUFA in fish here), strained plain yoghurt cultured with L Reuteri

Vileplume

How much milk do you drink? Every time I email Ray he says to drink 2 litres of milk a day.

I've never managed it.
I drink usually 4-5 liters per day of full fat goat milk with sugar. Since I don’t tolerate too many foods and feel best on milk, I made it the centerpiece of my diet back in June 2021. But I’m also a 6 foot tall man.

Do you start to feel full before you reach the two liters? You can also use cheese along with the milk, to reach the daily calcium goals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals