What Do Skinny People Eat?

LucyL

past young adulthood its mostly adrenaline keeping people thin.

Me. 5'5", topped out a little over 130# when 9 months pregnant. (Most pregnancies only got to 125#). Regularly 110-115, now closer to 100 post cancer dx/surgery. When I was a kid, I didn't eat much. I just had very little interest in food. No mental issues, no health issues. Mostly I never really liked carbs like pie crust or cake or biscuits; things that are more sugar than starch were more appealing, like frosting and the pie fillings :):. I have always had a tendency to fret about things, and never liked sitting still. Then I was dx' d with breast cancer at 47. I'm guessing my sympathetic nervous system was (is but I'm working on it) way over-dominate. Now I've cut most starch out of my diet except squash and potatoes, and cut out as much pufa as possible, I'm skinnier than ever.

gaze

I was rail thin my entire life. my problems to come to peat were from a low T and sluggish thyroid (i’m 25). throughout all my issues in adulthood I’ve stayed the same weight : 155-160 at 6’1. growing up I ate everything with no restriction, and was relationally even skinnier then I am now. I was super fond of bread, candy, fries, and chips. I ate meat usually in burgers and sandwiches, was never fond of steaks or things like that. ate milk and cookies a lot, couple string cheeses or baby bells per day. cereal every morning. I never skipped meals and was always snacking. never ate too much in any meal. I was also a sick kid though, constant ear infections, etc. wouldn’t ever consider myself “healthy” until now

boris

I was extremely skinny my whole life.

Now I know it was the result of high stress hormones and thyroid disfunction.

I ate 1-2 times a day often skipping breakfast. I was almost never hungry but could eat massive amounts.

Some of my staples were:
Breaded chicken wings (often dipped in LOTS of mayo)
Toast
Cake (sometimes an entire cake)
Pizza
Hamburgers
Fries
Gouda cheese
Cereal
Pasta
Chocolate
Cookies (at least 1-2 packs at a time)
Chips (at least the whole bag at a time)
Döner Kebap

Last edited:

boris

I didn't like being thin. Clothes never looked right, people always making comment. I suspect I didn't eat enough actually even though I was always eating! I was always tired, didn't do well at school as couldn't concentrate, my womanhood apparently not coming up to the mark.

Same as a male. I hated it.

boris

Ironically I was in pretty OK condition compared to when I started getting into "health" aka lowcarb/vegan/carnivore/fasting/etc.

Vins7

I was rail thin my entire life. my problems to come to peat were from a low T and sluggish thyroid (i’m 25). throughout all my issues in adulthood I’ve stayed the same weight : 155-160 at 6’1. growing up I ate everything with no restriction, and was relationally even skinnier then I am now. I was super fond of bread, candy, fries, and chips. I ate meat usually in burgers and sandwiches, was never fond of steaks or things like that. ate milk and cookies a lot, couple string cheeses or baby bells per day. cereal every morning. I never skipped meals and was always snacking. never ate too much in any meal. I was also a sick kid though, constant ear infections, etc. wouldn’t ever consider myself “healthy” until now
What main changes did you make witht food to improve your health?
You defined me with that explanation

Peater Piper

38, 5'10", 140 lbs. I've had breakfast cereal almost every day of my life (think of all the ones you'd find that kids love). I've used from skim milk to whole milk, currently using whole milk. That holds me over for 4-6 hours, I've never liked a big breakfast. Lunch is usually a banana, sandwich, orange. yogurt, almonds, maybe leftovers. Dinner is by far my largest meal, a meat and starch with some vegetables. I'll eat 2 to 3 large plates of food, maybe some apple sauce and some cranberry juice for dessert. At bedtime I might have a small snack. Coffee with each meal for the past 4-5 years, never drank coffee prior to that. I rarely snack between meals and dislike soda. In the past I experimented with large amounts of fruit, low fat, higher fat, low carb, but I never feel great when I deviate too much from what I'm used to. I probably don't eat enough on average (2500 calories or so according to cronometer), but I've eaten far more in the past and my weight generally doesn't move more than five pounds.

I'm healthy in terms of blood work, but I've never felt what I would consider ideal.

So
I'm aiming at people (1) over 20, at best over 30 (2) who dont train, or who train just a little, and the most important who dont have a specific diet, who (3) on they own have random habits, or no eating habits at all, who never spend their life on searching diets on the net...
Everybody knows skinny or.lean people like that?

What do they eat exactly?

The ones I know eat everything, mostly junk or processed food, but i dont know how much do they eat in a day or in a weak...
Some guys eat small portions, those are often the skinny ones, other eat much bigger portions then me, they are more masculine but lean
By observation i dont think they eat much or often... but when they eat they eat whatever...
So, what have you noticed, what do your skinny or lean friends eat (that are not fully into diet or fitness, just the average skinny/lean guys)?

It’s their genetics usually or personal experiences which impacted how they utilize energy or store it. I’m very naturally skinny I only started putting on muscle mass when I started eating more protein but pre-that I remember eating just a lot of potatoes (roasted, chips mostly) and processed snacks and always having a coca-cola or Pepsi when out in restaurants. Obese people just store everything they eat even if it is completely wasteful and damaging, skinny people do the opposite.

gaze

What main changes did you make witht food to improve your health?
You defined me with that explanation

bacteria/endotoxin problems seem to be the biggest culprit for people like us I think. quick, bulky bowels are what I always try to aim for So daily carrot, sourdough whole wheat bread (the wheat bran helps me have really strong bowels) and avoding irritating foods which for me include almost all other starch besides slow risen whole wheat and very well cooked potato (I had to avoid white rice especially because white rice makes me overly constipated for some reason, and i ate a lot of white rice growing up). avoiding pufas also and drinking a lot of milk.

So
I'm aiming at people (1) over 20, at best over 30 (2) who dont train, or who train just a little, and the most important who dont have a specific diet, who (3) on they own have random habits, or no eating habits at all, who never spend their life on searching diets on the net...
Everybody knows skinny or.lean people like that?

What do they eat exactly?

The ones I know eat everything, mostly junk or processed food, but i dont know how much do they eat in a day or in a weak...
Some guys eat small portions, those are often the skinny ones, other eat much bigger portions then me, they are more masculine but lean
By observation i dont think they eat much or often... but when they eat they eat whatever...
So, what have you noticed, what do your skinny or lean friends eat (that are not fully into diet or fitness, just the average skinny/lean guys)?

I'm over 35 and I'm quite thin. I'm not scrawny or gaunt looking, just slim. I eat whatever I want, but that turns out to not be a lot. I'm also not a fan of junk food, as I'm very sensitive to how food makes me feel and junk food makes me feel bad. One cause of my skinniness for sure is the fact that I don't eat big portions. Not out of restriction in my case, but just because I get full fast and I hate the feeling of being stuffed. I don't have a strong hunger mechanism.

I also forget to eat quite a lot. Meaning, I wake up, drink 2 cups of coffee+cream, start working, a few hours go by and then I suddenly realize I'm starving and my stomach is growling like crazy. When I learned about intermittent fasting I suddenly felt better about that: "I'm not forgetting to eat, I'm just intermittent fasting! Hey, it's good for me!"

Genes of course also have to do with it. I take after my dad and he is quite naturally thin as well. He also doesn't eat that much.

Here's a typical day for me:
-- coffee + coconut milk in morning - 2 cups
-- typical breakfast: eggs + sausage + cheese + spinach scramble
-- typical lunch: salad (lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumbers) + chicken / hamburger on gluten free bun / baked chicken legs
-- typical dinner: beef tacos (home made with soft shell corn tortillas)/ rice spaghetti + meatballs for dinner
--typical snacks: celery + peanut butter / apples + cheese / banana + protein powder + collagen powder + full fat plain yogurt + coconut milk smoothie
-- typical daily calories: probably 1200 or less (this is completely guestimated. It could be more than that, I hope that it is)

I will add that I purposefully add things like butter, sour cream, full fat yogurt, coconut oil, cheese, whenever I can, because I know I under-eat and I try to beef up the calories in easy & fast ways. Recently I started adding peanut butter or almond butter to my smoothies, just to get more calories. I LOVE butter and sour cream and other heavy, fat-rich foods. I try to avoid deep fat fried food, because that sh*t is terrible for you.

Last edited:

pro marker

i was always extremely skinny. i ate a ton every day, huge breakfast, ate all day long, ice cream, pizza, pasta, grains, milk, bread oat meal you name it. never ate much fruit or vegetables. then i went keto 1 year ago and got fat in a month, the fat never went away after that.

Ableton

Skipping breakfast
Low fat
Caffeine
High stress

this will make you lean but obviously not healthy

Zigzag

The skinniest people I know, eat whatever and quite often in tons... They don't care about quality and eat garbage most of the time. It's like the food just evaporates once it's eaten.

Ableton

Are naturally lean people just adrenaline dominant?
I think so
At least, lean athletic types
I do not think lean unathletic ones are

maybe lean athletic = low thyroid high stress hormones/ adrenal androgens OR hyperthyroid

Lean unathletic = low thyroid low stress hormones/androgens
These are they guys who eat 1.5 k cal a day

redsun

I think so
At least, lean athletic types
I do not think lean unathletic ones are

maybe lean athletic = low thyroid high stress hormones/ adrenal androgens OR hyperthyroid

Lean unathletic = low thyroid low stress hormones/androgens
These are they guys who eat 1.5 k cal a day

You realize you are painting it as if lean always equals low thyroid whether your athletic or not. Naturally lean without trying (eat to appetite, not orthorexic) is a good thing, and I would actually say points to a good thyroid. If you are lean to the point of being underweight, that points to hyperthyroid and/or excess brain histamine.

Ableton

You realize you are painting it as if lean always equals low thyroid whether your athletic or not. Naturally lean without trying is a good thing, and I would actually say points to a good thyroid. If you are lean to the point of being underweight, that points to hyperthyroid and/or excess brain histamine.
I am lean to the point of looking like a greek sculpture without trying
And i am hypo
So is that good?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals