Is there any pure food left in the stream of commerce? Suggestions Please.

Advocate2021

While this discussion for me began in a cyproheptadine thread, thought the quest for unadulterated foods topic fit here as well. ive been on a low histamine diet for 2 weeks, although learning by trial and error about adulteration of foods even if they are on the "low histamine:" list.

Because i am living unfortunately in a less than optimal environment which i need to change, my progress is limited by this modification. I will say generally i feel less "allergic" regarding my regular allergies ive had life long. i dont think the chemical hypersensivity has changed at all- and think it may not be related to histamine as its not really an allergy. I am also incredibly challenged to find food - so many of the approved low histamine items are unfortunately adulterated in other ways- bottled juices, dairy with objectionable enzymes or vitamin additives or cultures, mold issues - its quite stressful and i just am not set up to order food form on line vendors at the moment and do not think that is a sustainable way to live frankly. I would prefer to be able to get my food locally and am looking at other locations as this current one is quite limited. When i was in Florida, i was able to get better foods for sure and in some ways was better there physically. I used to know what to get when i went shopping- organic OJ, 1 percent milk, traditional cheese, seafood , liver, fruit (including dry when fresh not as plentiful), etc.. Now when i go to a store like Whole Foods or Natural Grocers, its like a fishing exhibition trying to find food that isnt poison that will still be optimal for endocrine function. the milks are mainly contaminated with the vitamin fillers and i need lower fat options as cannot do all full fat dairy. there is pretty much zero pure low fat dairy. i thought Kalona brand cottage cheese was good, for instance, per discussion here; but it is quite sour and problematic due to the cultures- so now that just got eliminated. I am down to very few foods that are available and the stress of finding food is not helping the overall situation either. I have been trying non fat powdered milk as no additives are listed so there is one thing i can get- still experimenting.

The doctor who did all my bloodwork that came back great is nice at least. he was able to order a histamine draw for me and referred me to another doctor who sounds interesting and digs into immunological issues and who he thinks can do all those more esoteric tests i mentioned elsewhere.

this whole food issue has triggered me so much in terms of the state of the world. how vile what has been done to the food supply. short of living off grid and having ones own farm, cattle, chickens etc., im not sure it is possible to even attain optimal health living a mainstream life anymore.

All input welcome regarding food suggestions. I have gotten some good ones from members here; but many of the golden foods and vendors are not available in my current area- i think a move is in order. When i was on the east coast , i found the food options so much better. Friendship brand cottage cheeses, Calabro brand, fresh squeezed OJ, etc. Guess thats what you get for moving to Walmart Central. Pretty scenery but abominable selection on many fronts here.

Jennifer

Can you eat whole fruit, @Advocate2021? At Walmart, they have peaches and berries in the frozen section and the Dole brand that don’t have ascorbic or citric acid added. Examples:

Also, last I checked, they have fresh pressed pineapple juice in the refrigerated section in the produce aisle. They also have a few brands of HPP Thai coconut water in the same section, as well. I think they also sell the Lakewood brand. I’ve gotten their fresh pressed OJ before, which was pretty good. To give you an idea of what the bottle looks like:

Also, Santa Cruz’s white grape juice and Smart Juice’s black mulberry were a staple of mine. I used to make gummy bears with them:

It’s a bit of a pain, but you can make cheese curds out of powder milk using vinegar as your coagulant. I’ve done it successfully, in the past. If Natural Grocers sells a non-homogenized whole milk, even if it’s pasteurized, the fat will separate and you can skim it off. I don’t think whole milk is required to be fortified in the States, but I could be wrong. I’ll go through my list of food resources and see if there is anything else.

Hang in there. ❤️

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Can you eat whole fruit, @Advocate2021? At Walmart, they have peaches and berries in the frozen section and the Dole brand that don’t have ascorbic or citric acid added. Examples:

Also, last I checked, they have fresh pressed pineapple juice in the refrigerated section in the produce aisle. They also have a few brands of HPP Thai coconut water in the same section, as well. I think they also sell the Lakewood brand. I’ve gotten their fresh pressed OJ before, which was pretty good. To give you an idea of what the bottle looks like:

Also, Santa Cruz’s white grape juice and Smart Juice’s black mulberry were a staple of mine. I used to make gummy bears with them:

It’s a bit of a pain, but you can make cheese curds out of powder milk using vinegar as your coagulant. I’ve done it successfully, in the past. If Natural Grocers sells a non-homogenized whole milk, even if it’s pasteurized, the fat will separate and you can skim it off. I don’t think whole milk is required to be fortified in the States, but I could be wrong. I’ll go through my list of food resources and see if there is anything else.

Hang in there. ❤️
aww thanks. you really are quite creative and resourceful dear Jennifer, and have given me great suggestions via pm as well. i only eat organic so could see if there are organic options. peaches arent very PEaty and have a bit of carotene so there is that. ive been doing the organic grape juice- avoiding orange for the histamines. tried blueberry and cranberry and werent good- i think those bottled juices can be moldy- apple too. doing yet another round of food swapping later at NAtural Grocers so will see what i can come up with there today this round.

Warrior

No, unless you really go out of your way and find farmers who grow their own for themselves and make that connect. They tend to trade excess among themselves but can also be quite generous in that respect as well as offering eye opening conversations about what really goes on in the fields.

From what I can tell the food in the US supply chain is spectacularly poisoned, far more than the UK due to what they're allowed to put in and how its handled. Its steadily becoming worse across the world as its all being standardized but anyone who travels from the EU to US will attest that the textures are off and things just taste wrong compared to what you know.

Consider growing your own so you know at least a chunk of what you eat is pure. Also if you are thinking of moving check which places have the purest water sources as that also makes a huge difference. That and you'll often find a lot of farming communities therein as the two go hand in hand.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

No, unless you really go out of your way and find farmers who grow their own for themselves and make that connect. They tend to trade excess among themselves but can also be quite generous in that respect as well as offering eye opening conversations about what really goes on in the fields.

From what I can tell the food in the US supply chain is spectacularly poisoned, far more than the UK due to what they're allowed to put in and how its handled. Its steadily becoming worse across the world as its all being standardized but anyone who travels from the EU to US will attest that the textures are off and things just taste wrong compared to what you know.

Consider growing your own so you know at least a chunk of what you eat is pure. Also if you are thinking of moving check which places have the purest water sources as that also makes a huge difference. That and you'll often find a lot of farming communities therein as the two go hand in h
I lived on a ranch in CO that purportedly was "pure" and was astounded at what they used in their kitchen and allowed to be sprayed in close proximity to the organic fields and greenhouses. I have a vision for starting a community myself aligned with our philosophy. And this forum would certainly be the right place to recruit its members. its in its infancy but anyone who is interested please come out here!!!

Warrior

Experiencing it myself was eye opening to say the least as the taste of the food was like jumping in a time machine.

Much like boiling frogs the adulterants have been added in increments to prevent the realization of this but once you've tasted the really real the crooked deal becomes exceedingly obvious. Same goes with water as well. The real stuff is delicious and thoroughly thirst quenching as you can feel your cells swell with radiance.

Looking at it from a larger pic they're obviously destroying the planet on purpose so that what the meek inherit once they blast off on their ships is so heavily depleted that the herd cannot follow them to the new Eden...

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Experiencing it myself was eye opening to say the least as the taste of the food was like jumping in a time machine.

Much like boiling frogs the adulterants have been added in increments to prevent the realization of this but once you've tasted the really real the crooked deal becomes exceedingly obvious. Same goes with water as well. The real stuff is delicious and thoroughly thirst quenching as you can feel your cells swell with radiance.

Looking at it from a larger pic they're obviously destroying the planet on purpose so that what the meek inherit once they blast off on their ships is so heavily depleted that the herd cannot follow them to the new Eden...
well my colleagues and i have been fighting this on many levels with all we have. but nothing stops us from creating a self sustaining way of life that circumvents the plan- there is power in numbers.

Warrior

That there is. Politics is a trick of the few, organized well against the many who are instructed to fight among themselves as they enjoy the poisoned bread and corrosive circuses...

The art of living is realizing this in the moment and choosing different.

Jennifer

aww thanks. you really are quite creative and resourceful dear Jennifer, and have given me great suggestions via pm as well. i only eat organic so could see if there are organic options. peaches arent very PEaty and have a bit of carotene so there is that. ive been doing the organic grape juice- avoiding orange for the histamines. tried blueberry and cranberry and werent good- i think those bottled juices can be moldy- apple too. doing yet another round of food swapping later at NAtural Grocers so will see what i can come up with there today this round.

Ah, okay. I have a lot of resources for organic food, but most are online shops. If it weren’t winter, I would go to the farms and orchards here and send you a big box of fruit. :) Have you tried searching localharvest.org for farms and orchards in your area?

Jennifer

and i would take some online resources- i do get stuff here at this dump i am in. could just time ordering with leaving.

Below are some of the sources I have...

FRUIT:

Miami Fruit

https://amafruits.com/

Organic Berries – Northwest Wild Foods | Raw, Healthy, Natural

COCONUT PRODUCTS:

Symbiosis – Truly Raw Coconut Water

Frozen Young Thai Coconut Water and Meat | Copra Coconuts

MYCOTOXIN-FREE COCOA:

Raw Cacao Nibs - Addictive Wellness

Our Raw Cacao — Super Vital Foods

MEAT, SEAFOOD & DAIRY:

Grass Fed Beef and Organic Dairy | About - Dutch Meadows Farm

https://pasturedfarmfoodclub.com

Inspiring Healthy Generations - Miller's Bio Farm

Alpine Heritage Creamery - Simply Grassfed

animalcule

Just a suggestion for further research: I read something somewhere about how high dose vitamin C regimen can either lower histamine or lower allergic response… not sure, but I think it was someone on this forum. He was having issues with processing histamine and was taking high dose vitamin C to some effect? Again, vague recollection, but maybe worth looking into as the “remove all possible triggers” diet route can be maddening.

achillea

check out a raw milk source. Make your own farmers cheese, separate out the cream for use, whey protein, yoghurt, sour cream, ice cream, drink it straight.
Find farmers who do not spray their fields and are raising meat and or chickens for eggs. Do not depend on the grocery store. Find a good natural food store. Farmers markets and talk to the producers direct questions. If they are not chemicalized they will be happy to explain but if they stutter or are vague move on.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Just a suggestion for further research: I read something somewhere about how high dose vitamin C regimen can either lower histamine or lower allergic response… not sure, but I think it was someone on this forum. He was having issues with processing histamine and was taking high dose vitamin C to some effect? Again, vague recollection, but maybe worth looking into as the “remove all possible triggers” diet route can be maddening.
Thank you - yes i remember seeing that and even a recommended vitamin C and have it marked. definitely will try that as after 2 weeks trying to do this, i agree its maddening, especially for someone with an active life and demanding career. that is another aspect i wanted to interject is suggestions for busy professionals whose lifestyles for active and not always loaded with cooking and prep time.

achillea

Take the milk,separate the cream, heat the milk to around 114 degrees Fahrenheit and add about 1/2 cup vinegar per gallon. Let it mother for abour 20 minutes, then scoop out the farmers cheese. What you have left is whey with vinegar in it which you can use in various mays, We feed it to our pigs so they are whey good tasting

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals