2 week diet improvement suggestions

davidrn

I have RA and am Hypothyroid, have been Gluten free and have limited PUFAs quite a bit over the past 2 years. My diet is not perfect, but a combination of WAPF (drink raw milk/ raw milk kefir) and Peat, mostly. Thyroid/Metabolism is improving, usually hit the 98.2 - 99.1 in afternoon lately, still awaken at 97.1.
I am going on a cruise next month, thought I would use opportunity to increase walking and lift a few more times a week while on board.
What I am thinking is that I have access to so many food choices while on board, I should plan ahead where it would be best to head when I eat.
From past trips, I know I will eat more Sea Food, because I can't get grass fed, will not have as much Beef, and no Liver. I will have so many choices at breakfast and lunch if I hit the Buffet, so I won't get bored if I significantly increase my fruit/veg over this 2 week period.
I will bring my Gelatin and sea salt, but can't think of what else I should bring from home.
Any suggestions would be appreciated on what foods/ diet direction, to jump start my health, since I won't have as much control over food availability.
Thanks for the help!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would definitely bring coconut oil, if you already use it.

OP
D

davidrn

Forgot that, I drink some everyday in my smoothie. Thanks for reminding me. Any other thoughts on using these 2 weeks of open diet? I can experiment anyway I want, within the confines of the Cruise ship.
I wonder if they can give me raw shreded carrot salad? Imagine that could be a good way to stick with it, I rarely can go more than 2 days in a row, it's kind of boring.

Mittir

Lactic acid in kefir can not be good for your liver, thyroid and RA.
Carrot should be there. But your can take canned bamboo shoot with you.
Canned shoot can have bad taste and boiling the shoot in water for 5 minutes
removes that . RP thinks endotoxin is a major cause of RA.
Starch ( especially undercooked starch), soluble fibers ( except for raw carrot and cooked bamboo shoot)
raw vegetables are major cause of endotoxin. If you choose to try bamboo shoot it would be a
good idea to experiment with it now before your vacation starts.
Here is a list of Peat recommended fruits
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=588

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals