Deep Fried Food, What Is Your Opinion?

Travis

An extreme depth of knowledge. I will need to read this a few times over. In your opinion, what would be the best way to get good intake of DHA on a poor man's diet?

I would say just avoid ω−6 fatty acids because they increases the amount needed through enzymatic inhibition and direct displacement. A diet low in ω−6 should increase ω−3 activity. Docosahexaenoic acid has five bis-allyl carbons, meaning that it's predicted to be most prone to lipid peroxidation (but without DHA, the ω−6 osbond acid is made having four bis-allyl carbons.) I would consider any DHA when not found inside a membrane to be a serious lipofuscin risk, and users on this forum report getting age spots from eating marine oils. The ubiquitous precursor α-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−3) is far more stable, and any more than the amount we'd naturally get from leaves & grass-fed dairy could be inappropriate. I believe that the safest thing for general all around health would be to avoid all ω−6 fatty acids and make the switch to grass-fed animal products—should you eat them. Our elongation enzymes actually prefer ω−3 fatty acids, so even a 1∶1 ratio should be okay.

tara

or beef tallow, which is already fully saturated
I think beef fat is about half SFA, the rest mostly MUFA, and the remaining few percent PUFA.

yerrag

I think beef fat is about half SFA, the rest mostly MUFA, and the remaining few percent PUFA.
Thanks. Still, how can it be 109mg/100mg cholesterol? Perhaps that was a typo by General Orange. Perhaps he meant 109mg/100g cholesterol. Just the same, it would still not be a good idea to deep fry with beef tallow. So much MUFAs. And still has some PUFAs.

So, is the oil used by McDonald's these days better than tallow, health-wise?

Last edited:

tara

So, is the oil used by McDonald's these days better than tallow, health-wise?
I doubt it. High-PUFA seed-oils still look high on the list of things to avoid to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals