Foods I Like That Like Me

Geronimo

I think the fundamental goal of anyone's diet is to find nutritious foods you can afford and easily prepare that you digest well and enjoy. My new goal is to eat only things that meet all of these criteria. I know it seems so obvious, but we often forget the most obvious things because they require no complex analysis. This would explain the dangers of overthinking and also the zen like existence of many simple minded people.
I'll be specific with my foods, including the brand and sometimes where to get them.
The list of foods that meet those criteria for me:

Applesauce - organic from Thrive Market or Fresh Thyme

Chocolate - organic wafers from znaturalfoods.com

Coconut water powder - znaturalfoods.com

Fruit & Vegetable pouches - Costco

Beef - our family farm

Naked Juice Drinks - the orange one mostly

Beets - from the garden

Ginger cube candy - organic from Thrive Market

Coconut Oil Mayo - organic from Thrive Market

Green Peas - organic from Fresh Thyme

Coconut oil potato chips - from Thrive Market

Barbecue sauce - Famous Dave's sugar based sauce

Real Sugar Pepsi

Mexican Coke - costco

Plain old cane sugar - organic from Costco

Collagen Powder - grass fed from znaturalfoods

Carrots

Foods that consistently ruin my day:

Wheat

Starches - mashed potatoes most notably, even well cooked with lots of fat, which is odd because the coconut oil potato chips don't bother me

Commercial pork

Fast food fries and chicken burgers (cheeseburgers are generally not too terrible if I take off the top bun)

Cured meats

Regular potato chips

Pasta sauce

Thanks for reading. Please do share your lists.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Anti Estrogenic Foods and Supplements Diet 3
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 29
RealNeat Safety of animal foods compromised by vaccination? Animals 2
Adrienlcrx Sprouted Foods Diet 2
Hans Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury Articles & Scientific Studies 52
R J Manganese Foods For Dog Diet, Recipes 9
B Backpacking Foods Ask For Help or Advice 6
Hgreen56 There Is Plastic In Every Honey That Exists (and Other Foods) Diet, Recipes 16
Hgreen56 Foods With High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) Contains More Kcal Than Mentioned On Label? Diet, Recipes 8
D Now That Whole Foods Doesn't Offer Bulk Herbs Where Are You Getting Yours ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Should One Avoid High Vit A Foods If They Have Taken Accutane In Their Life? A 12
Twohandsondeck Anti-Peat Liver And Oysters Aren't Health Foods? Debate - Anti-Peat 37
wealthofwisdom What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet? Diet 49
K Foods/supplements To Avoid And Add For P450 Regulation? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Foods That Can Help To Heal The Liver Articles & Scientific Studies 24
Hgreen56 Hot Foods Or Drinks Makes Me Tired, Hot Temperature Increase Serotonin? Diet 0
V Foods With A Good Glycine / Methionine Ratio Diet 1
Hans The Peat Ratio Of Foods (Glycine Vs Methionine, Cysteine And Tryptophan) Discussing Dietary Models 29
K Foraging Wild Foods Fruits 7
A Night Terrors/Sleep Disturbances/Irritability After Eating Starch/other Foods (Ex Carnivore) Digestion 10
N Phytic Acid & Interactions With Other Foods Miscellaneous Health Discussions 17
S Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice Ask For Help or Advice 15
Digital Samurai Safe Foods? Can't Find Many. How Do I Get Out Of This? Digestion 2
Max. (Preppers Topic) Stockpiling For Coronavirus, Best Foods, Meds, Etc? Ask For Help or Advice 48
Hans Best Foods To Increase Dopamine Articles 25
C Acidic Foods Trigger Seb Derm? Skin 2
Hans List Of Aromatase Inhibiting Foods Articles 21
A.D. Foods For Family Member With Type 2 Diabetes Diet 2
J Blending Foods/fruits Is It Okay? Digestion 1
Hans 15 Foods To Increase DHT Articles 21
Such_Umami Peat Friendly Indian Takeaway Foods Ask For Help or Advice 3
Hans Top 12 Foods To Boost Testosterone Articles 54
haidut Emulsifiers Found In Most Commercial Foods Cause Brain Tumors, Hemorrhage, And Stroke Scientific Studies 2
M Copper And Zinc Foods? Diet 43
Lenny Opinions On "mainstream" Health Boosting Foods? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hans How To Protect Yourself Against The Damages Of EMF/wifi With Foods And Supplements Articles 19
postman What Foods Are The Lowest In Iron? Diet 0
J Best & Worst FOODS For Hair Regrowth Hair & Nails 3
Opioidus Why Do I Crave Spicy Foods So Much? Diet 1
C Foods - Vitamin E ? Vitamins 10
paulwalkerrip Peaty Christmas Foods Diet, Recipes 1
Mito Dairy Foods, Dairy Fat, Diabetes, And Death: What Can Be Learned From 3 Large New Investigations? Articles & Scientific Studies 8
G Do Microwaves Destroy Vitamin Content In Foods Radiation 1
RealNeat Best Times And Parings For "Peat" Foods And Supps Diet, Recipes 5
P Is This A Safe Male Supp From Whole Foods? Male Issues 1
P Is This Thyroid Supp From Whole Foods Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Hildy Wow, Peat Is Right! Milk And Dairy Really ARE Weight Loss Foods Milk 43
Amazoniac A Serum Tonic Factor In Foods (With Special Attention To Its Presence In Pineapfels) Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
Cirion Taurine Content Of Foods Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 4
Cameron Thoughts On Mediterranean Foods Like Pepperoncini And Olives With Cheese Diet, Recipes 2