Impossible Food Intake To Meet Caloric Needs

Rickyman

I keep hearing ppl say to avoid potatoes on here but it's the only one packed w/ calories, most starchy foods are.

I can't chomp down a pile of zuchini or other veggies.
Potato: 1/2 cup is 25g Carbs /2.5 Protein ( 110 calories)
Corn:2 1/2 cup = 21g Carbs / 2 Protein and 1g Fat

zuchini Carbs 8 protein 2 cals: 40
How are you all meeting caloric needs?

I can't even finish a meal without feeling so full then hungry one damn hour later.

My understanding is you need proteins, carbs in fat in every meal. Just seems impossible
here is list I have from FFWF program from the Rubins.
Protein
Beef
Lamb
Venison
Buffalo
Beef or Chicken Broth
Gelatin
Wild Caught Low Fat Fish
Cod
Flounder
Halibut
Sole
Red Snapper
Dairy
Whole Milk
1 or 2% Milk
Skim Milk
Unprocessed Cheese
Eggs

Fresh and Frozen Fruits
Grapes
Melons
Cherries
Peaches
Apricots
Dates
Guava
Lychee
Papaya
Passion Fruit
Kiwis
Watermelon
Apples (peeled and cooked)
Apricots
Pears (peeled and cooked)
Plums
Pineapple (no core/in
moderation)
!
Whole Fruit Juices (no pulp)
!!
Fruits cont.
Persimmons
Ripe Bananas
Blueberries
Strawberries
Raspberries
!!
*All fruit must be ripe and/or in
season
!!
Non-starchy Vegetables
Cucumbers
Fresh herbs
Green and yellow zucchini squash
Bamboo Shoots
Jicama
Peppers (all varieties)

Starchy Vegetables
Beets
Carrots
Sweet potatoes
Yams
Red potatoes
Golden potatoes
Butternut squash
Acorn squash
Spaghetti squash
Pumpkin
Rutabaga
Turnip
Parsnips
!

Fats
Coconut oil (organic RBD)
Butter
Olive oil
Beverages
Coffee, freshly brewed plain
Filtered water
Sparkling Mineral water

I think many people here end up using some form of refined food( white rice or white sugar, usually) to get enough calories, if they don't want to eat a lot of fat.

Yes, potatoes are pretty good for calories. One kilogram of potatoes has about 200 grams of carbohydrate anf very little pufa and also a good amount of protein. But many people can't tolerate too much of potatoes.
Fruit juice with some white sugar or honey can provide enough calories. 1L of orange juice has about 90 grams of carbs. If you drink 3 liters and add add 100 grams of white sugar and eat half a kilo of potatoes, along with half a pound of some meat and a few tablespoons of gelatin, you then have a good amount of calories. Using some butter or coconut oil can help boost calories as well.
Vegetables are very poor in calories, so be careful not to focus too much on them, or else you may not ingest enough energy.

OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

I think many people here end up using some form of refined food( white rice or white sugar, usually) to get enough calories, if they don't want to eat a lot of fat.

Yes, potatoes are pretty good for calories. One kilogram of potatoes has about 200 grams of carbohydrate anf very little pufa and also a good amount of protein. But many people can't tolerate too much of potatoes.
Fruit juice with some white sugar or honey can provide enough calories. 1L of orange juice has about 90 grams of carbs. If you drink 3 liters and add add 100 grams of white sugar and eat half a kilo of potatoes, along with half a pound of some meat and a few tablespoons of gelatin, you then have a good amount of calories. Using some butter or coconut oil can help boost calories as well.
Vegetables are very poor in calories, so be careful not to focus too much on them, or else you may not ingest enough energy.

Thanks for your input, I will begin adding rice because too many liquids don't warm me up sadly. Dense foods do seem to help though. Meat stew ( w potatos) usually warm me right up. I will keep experimenting.

You're welcome!
Rice can be good. Increased temperature is a good sign. Have you tried adding some salt or some sodium bicarbonate to liquids before drinking? It might help with warming up. And by all means, keep experimenting!

sunraiser

Are you craving potatoes?

Eat some potatoes then...

A meat stew with potato sounds like a well balanced meal. I'm an accutane survivor (ie liver and mineral balance as ****88 as it can get) and I eat potatoes and wholegrain rye sourdough plus malted wheat sourdough (proper sourdough without yeast).

Between rice and potatoes, if you react well to both, potatoes are the better choice, since they contain so many minerals and vitamins.

tara

If potatoes work for you, then that's OK. Meat stew, esp. a gelatinous cut, with veges and potatoes, sounds nourishing and delicious to me.

If you personally have trouble with potatoes, then some of the other foods on that list are fairly calorie-dense, including some of the other veges (sweet potatoes, yams, parsnips, pumpkins), fruits (eg dates), beef and lamb with their fat, cheese, cream, whole milk, butter, coconut oil (consider also coconuts or coconut cream). If you include some of the denser foods with your high-water veges and fruit you can still get a fair bit of calories. I'd be going for variety, but watching for any that are definitely irritating to you personally.