Belly Bloat From Bad To Worse On A Peat Diet

OP
E

Edle

Swandattur said:
Maybe this has already been mentioned here but in case it hasn't what about this with a cause of hypothyroidism. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ascites/page2_em.htm Sorry if his is way off base.

Hi Swandattur,

Thanks. I don´t think it is so off base. I have been suspecting that my liver is a main part of my problem for some time, but so far tests are normal. But it is a while since I have done a liver panel, so I might get one again. On the other hand I understand there can still be issues with the liver even if the liver panel is normal, so I am not quite sure how to diagnose it.

OP
E

Edle

Thanks Swandattur!
In both these cases they say thyroid supplementation fixed the ascites. But for my case, the bloating got worse after I started taking desiccated thyroid. I am not saying there is a causation. It is just that if the ascites (bloating) was caused by hypothyroidism, thyroid therapy should have helped, and it did not.

OP
E

Edle

On the potato protein - I have tried this for a few weeks now. Not every day though, but quite a few evenings. I have boiled the potato juice (tried to remove as much starch as I could, but have not had the patience to let the juice sit for more than 30 min) in coconut oil and eaten it instead of cheese in the evening. I have not really changed my diet otherwise. No change to the bloating.

Peata

On the potato protein - I have tried this for a few weeks now. Not every day though, but quite a few evenings. I have boiled the potato juice (tried to remove as much starch as I could, but have not had the patience to let the juice sit for more than 30 min) in coconut oil and eaten it instead of cheese in the evening. I have not really changed my diet otherwise. No change to the bloating.

I know this is a really old post, but if you're still around, did the bloat ever resolve? I deal with this mostly at nighttime.

Waynish

Also curious if it worked out for you...

Lorof

Very much sounds like SIBO where a course of Rifaximin would bring relieve. Hope you still get to read this.

GreekDemiGod

Potatoes can give me the worst bloat, especially when not cooked very well. Don't think anyone with these issues should touch potatoes

@Edle We're all so very interested if you made progress. I think a lot of us are struggling with the exact issue as you.

I know I am, and as a last ditch effort i'm going to try Doxycycline as it sounds like it's worked for others.

pepsi

Ascites is not the same as the typical bloating people on this forum complain about.
Ascites is accumulation of fluid in the peritoneal cavity and can be very dangerous. If it is ascites, and it has not resolved yet,
then it really needs to be checked out by a doctor and maybe they have to drain it.

Did you see the popular vitamin A deficiency thread on here where people were only eating rice and beef. I tried that also for a few
months and all bloating disappeared. It was amazing. I had to stop though because when I would scrape my skin against something, it would still be red/inflamed
the next day, I think I became vitamin A deficient.

I went back to my normal Peat diet and my skin is fine now. The bloat came back but Im experimenting and hope to resolve it.

You could try beef and rice only for a while, if the bloat is still there its probably something other than food related and should be seen by a doc.