New to this...need some guidance please

BingDing

I think you are smart, leo, taking control is a positive move in itself. I've thought about doing the same thing but I can't figure out what to change at this point. PUFAs are not appealing, at least not refined oils; maybe seeds in other foods would be one thing. When I've eaten bread on occasion it tasted like junk, I can't imagine what I liked about it all those years. Knowing what peanut butter does to thyroid/energy makes it unappealing. I never used soy much, and vegetable were just a side dish.

Are you going to quit sugar now? What else do you think you'll eat? I recently bought some steel cut oats and psyllium for the soluble fiber, I swear I've had more constipation in the last 10 months than the previous 56 years combined. A PITA is not just an idle description of this woe, lol.

I'm also thinking about doing just the opposite, using nothing but milk, oj, and gelatin for food for a month (plus the usual supplements). We'll see, as long as we're still making ATP we have a chance to get it dialed in (aka as "the music never stops").

Best to you, and do stay in touch.

OP
L

leo

Thank you Bingding

Going back to my low carbing is going to be difficult and I am trying to ease into it.....so I have been getting a small amount of fruit daily as well as milk/honey combo at night. Hopefully by next week I can drop the fruit and go back to how I was last month, where it was basically proteins, veggies, water, coffee. I lost weight pretty easily doing it this way so hopefully it won't take me too long to get weight back to normal as well as bp. Then after things have settled I plan to start back with fruit slowly, watching weight and bp. If that stays stable, then I will add milk...and so on. Unfortunately I am not like most of you .....I beleive most here started with problematic issues and slowly got better. I started from a relatively ok place with the exception of sleep issues. But health and digestion and other things were ok. Then as I started Peating I started getting weight, high bp and constipation ....so for me it has not been that positive an experience.

I am not sure my plan will work but I am willing to have a go at it.

J...even before on low carbing I never had chicken or vegetable oils or seeds. I did have occasional nuts which I will try not to have anymore. Basically I think I will be eating:

shellfish
organic beef
liver (i've had it twice now and i guess it's ok)
eggs

green veggies (I know they are pufa but I can't wrap my mind around them being very unhealthy....I get my mag and calcium and fiber, so I feel I will need that now)

The way I see it is one or two more month's of pufa's after 61 years of having them is not going to make that much of a difference in my health.

Lastly, as a sidenote, I've noticed I've lost my love of food. I look at them now as pufa or non puffa or laden with chemicals, etc. I don't know if that is a good thing.

I will stay in touch and bingding best of luck to you as well!

J

j.

When you come back, if you're worried about weight, maybe trying skim milk before fruits would be more likely to work. Just a guess though.

OP
L

leo

Good point J....

Thanks....I will try that instead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals