What's hiding in your staple "Peat" foods?..

exile

I noticed on an organic valley skim milk the other day it said “protein increased from 8g to 10 g” “calcium increased from 306 mg to 361 mg”. Does that mean they are adding calcium to the milk? Ingredients only say skim milk, vitamin a and vitamin d. I always thought supplementing calcium was toxic. I’ll probably avoid that one from now on. The organic valley skim grassmilk one doesn’t say that on it fyi.

Dr. B

They are also vaccinated, organic or not, who knows what type of issues that causes and what adjuvants are injected.

I use distilled vinegar to clean my house, we use a lot, I wonder if there are unfavorable compounds in it besides the acetic acid leftover from the corn...? I've felt some irritation from it but figured it's just the acid.
You could use ACV for ingesting. Could get organic distilled vinegar if you wanted.

So you think we need to stick to organic milk or organic whey/yogurt only? To avoid this meat treatment problem?

Dr. B

I noticed on an organic valley skim milk the other day it said “protein increased from 8g to 10 g” “calcium increased from 306 mg to 361 mg”. Does that mean they are adding calcium to the milk? Ingredients only say skim milk, vitamin a and vitamin d. I always thought supplementing calcium was toxic. I’ll probably avoid that one from now on. The organic valley skim grassmilk one doesn’t say that on it fyi.
Are they comparing to whole milk? Skim seems to have a bit more calcium than whole. Thise numbers seem right. But that assumes the way they test for calcium is 100% accurate.
Maybe whole milk has some other things they cant test for maybe its some other form of calcium.
The fat in whole milk has all the fat solubles at least, including K2, and you cant replace those just with a supplement or fortified skim milk.

exile

I don’t think they were comparing to whole milk. In small print just below the ingredients it says those lines about the calcium and protein being increased, doesn’t say how and does seem higher than other skim milk protein and calcium content I’ve seen.

Dr. B

I don’t think they were comparing to whole milk. In small print just below the ingredients it says those lines about the calcium and protein being increased, doesn’t say how and does seem higher than other skim milk protein and calcium content I’ve seen.
306mg to 361mg seems right for whole vs skim. Skim concentrates the calcium differently since its 8oz of skim milk that has no fat. It makes sense it would be higher protein per 8oz cup as well. The fats not there so theres more liquid and protein and calcium taking its place since the overall liquid volune is the same.
Imagine if you compare 8oz heavy cream to 8oz half and half to 8oz whole milk, 8oz skim milk. Its all 8oz yet different fat and protein and sugar numbers.

They are also vaccinated, organic or not, who knows what type of issues that causes and what adjuvants are injected.

Some are and some aren’t vaccinated when organic. You have to look for that specific labeling.

Attachments

• CEFAAFD7-5018-4B36-A20E-F0BAF110BAE7.jpeg
    CEFAAFD7-5018-4B36-A20E-F0BAF110BAE7.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 601C6A0F-843F-4CE7-B311-F5C0BADB4A13.jpeg
    601C6A0F-843F-4CE7-B311-F5C0BADB4A13.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 332A5326-0AB6-4FB4-AC9E-5609BD1513EF.jpeg
    332A5326-0AB6-4FB4-AC9E-5609BD1513EF.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 11
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Some are and some aren’t vaccinated when organic. You have to look for that specific labeling.
Yes it's not a hard and fast rule, but for most people buying organic chicken in the United States, they are. Finding those farms that don't should obviously be supported.

Yes it's not a hard and fast rule, but for most people buying organic chicken in the United States, they are. Finding those farms that don't should obviously be supported.
They should be supported,,trying to do things the right way, the old fashioned way. It is a tricky situation. If I am going to have to eat cheap meat, I don’t think I want a chance eating a diseased animal either. My solution is to spend the same money buying better, thinking I would rather eat a littler amount of good stuff than twice as much disgusting stuff.