Snack/meal Ideas For Lowering Estrogen

Jen

I’m trying to combat high estrogen. Aside from all the steps I’ve taken over the last year (following peat principals, healing liver, using progesterone, etc...) I’m looking for snack or meal ideas to help me increase my protein intake so I hit 80-100 grams/day. Looking for lower fat ideas if possible since I’m gaining weight and don’t want to make that worse, but mostly, just looking for solid protein/carb combos that I can refer to when I don’t know what to eat. I eat meat and am fine with dairy but have a problem with collagen powder/sometimes gelatin (get bad histamine reactions which I’m assuming is from the estrogen). My most common sources now are meat (mostly beef at dinner usually) cottage cheese and a little 2% milk, but any other suggestions to help me change it up would help. What is your go to?

Frankdee20

Broccoli, mushrooms, ginger... some variation of that lol

gaze

Whole foods sells some bone broth where its very convenient to pour in a glass and microwave. This could provide you with anti-inflammatory amino acids without having to use powders. I like a glass of bonebroth with an orange as a snack.

Jen

Thank you! Mushrooms and bone broth are both easy, will add them to the mix

Jen

Well, when I wrote this, I was feeling very heavy and bored with my meals. I was sticking to small amounts of muscle meat since gelatin was giving me histamine issues. That left dairy, but most of what I like in that group is also fatty so I didn’t want to overdo it (I forced myself to drink skim for awhile but hated it). I would often find myself getting to the end of the day with less protein than I needed because I was avoiding too much fat.

I was just looking for low fat ideas to change it up.

Since then I’ve relied on shrimp, mushrooms, cottage cheese, and mashed potatoes more during the day, saving the serving of meat and 2% milk at night when the fat helps me sleep better. I tried bone broth because that is a good option but again, the histamines were an issue (although I can tolerate a bit more now).

schultz

Since then I’ve relied on shrimp, mushrooms, cottage cheese, and mashed potatoes more during the day, saving the serving of meat and 2% milk at night when the fat helps me sleep better.

Good thinking with the shrimp.

Have you ever tried Greek yogurt? Maybe with maple syrup in it?

Lattes are also good. I make about 4-6 of these a day and have yet to grow tired of them over the last 9 years. One day I may consider getting a good espresso machine. Even just a Starbucks venti latte (16g of protein). People don't think of it as a health food but a latte is healthier than 99.9% of the things most people consume. So something like Starbucks comes in handy when you're away from home or something. I like to get one of those rice krispy squares too since they have no added iron and are made with butter.... :shifty Not exactly healthy like milk but it's not unhealthy assuming your micronutrients are up to snuff. Just empty calories really

Jen

. I like to get one of those rice krispy squares too since they have no added iron and are made with butter....

I love that you said this! I never actually looked at the ingredients on those because they’re usually made with junk, but I’m so glad to know now. I do like lattes, and that is a nice way to look at them. Caffeine affects me so I can probably only get away with 2 a day, but it’s another enjoyable way to get some protein. Thank you!