What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet?

wavelength123

A third of that would be 10%, equal to 200 kcal on a 2000 kcal Diet. That would mean only 50 grams of Protein. RP advises for 100g minimum even for petite Women.

he also advises for a lot of glycine/collagen. Most women go all in on lean muscle meat, egg whites, dairy and that’s how they get their 20-30%. 10% + gelatin is ok. 100g (sans collagen) is good enough for this 200lb lean dude so I’m sure petite women will do just fine on 50g + collagen

he also advises for a lot of glycine/collagen. Most women go all in on lean muscle meat, egg whites, dairy and that’s how they get their 20-30%. 10% + gelatin is ok. 100g (sans collagen) is good enough for this 200lb lean dude so I’m sure petite women will do just fine on 50g + collagen

That is a mistake from Peat. Collagen is really empty calories, i never saw evidence for the usefulness of it as a true dietary Factor and not just as a complement. It has a highly skewed and specific Amino Acid Pattern, which isnt all that good for general metabolic state of Affairs.

famalalam

That is a mistake from Peat. Collagen is really empty calories, i never saw evidence for the usefulness of it as a true dietary Factor and not just as a complement. It has a highly skewed and specific Amino Acid Pattern, which isnt all that good for general metabolic state of Affairs.

Would you care to clarify your position a bit more? You're being very vague.

wavelength123

none of this makes sense to me.

on the other hand this article does make a lot of sense:
Gelatin, stress, longevity

When only the muscle meats are eaten, the amino acid balance entering our blood stream is the same as that produced by extreme stress, when cortisol excess causes our muscles to be broken down to provide energy and material for repair. The formation of serotonin is increased by the excess tryptophan in muscle, and serotonin stimulates the formation of more cortisol, while the tryptophan itself, along with the excess muscle-derived cysteine, suppresses the thyroid function.

@famalalam

@wavelength123

Im not very vague; Gelatin does not provide any meaningful amount of micronutrients (empty Calories) like muscle meats do. That we need high amounts of Collagen to the detriment of a strong reduction of Muscle Meats is Conjecture, based on theoreticals and hypotheses about putative Amino Acid Relations. On the other Hand, the recommended Milk has indeed excessive Trp which do causes issues. I am for increased intake of Collagen-type of Amino Acid Patterns or consumption of more rigid Cuts of Meats, but not as a replacement, but as a complement.

wavelength123

I see what you’re saying. So: nose to tail nutrition, whole animals like shellfish, egg yolks. That makes sense.

Muscle meat and protein powders do sound like a massive scam, the more I read on them. Absurd

famalalam

@famalalam

@wavelength123

Im not very vague; Gelatin does not provide any meaningful amount of micronutrients (empty Calories) like muscle meats do. That we need high amounts of Collagen to the detriment of a strong reduction of Muscle Meats is Conjecture, based on theoreticals and hypotheses about putative Amino Acid Relations. On the other Hand, the recommended Milk has indeed excessive Trp which do causes issues. I am for increased intake of Collagen-type of Amino Acid Patterns or consumption of more rigid Cuts of Meats, but not as a replacement, but as a complement.
Nobody is eating gelatin for its micronutrient content. People eat gelatin for the gelatin and usually nothing but the gelatin. Calling it empty calories is strange, beause things aren't just empty calories. Refined PUFA could be defined as empty calories, but it's also PUFA. Do you get my point? I think meat and its phosphate cause more issue than the tryptophan in milk personally, but this is off-topic anyway and not what this thread is about.

GelatinGoblin

@famalalam

@wavelength123

A lot of the "theories" on the Amino-Acid relations have been proven and have been known for some time... Milk is controversial but I still consume it. Sure, a bit high Tryptophan. Methionine on the low side in milk. But in-general, we need Gelatin (Glycin). It should be a big part of the diet, especially if one is eating tons of Meat (G*Dforbid chicken and turkey), Milk and whatnot. I definitely feel much much better on some Beef Gelatin Stew from Oxtail, Front and Back Calf muscles, Beef Heart (white connective tissue on it... *******, super high Collagen, Saturated Fat (when I made a broth from it, man, the fat was solid at above room temperature; probably tons of MUFA Stearic Acid too)) and maybe Beef Neck muscles. Get warm as hell, feel incredible.

So yeah some foods are high Trp and Methionine but that's why we eat Gelatin from Collagen in Connective Tissue; ligaments, Tendons, capillaries on the Heart. Same benefits for using Glycine as restricting Methionine as a study provided. It definitely works. I think to shouldn't be neglected, it with adaquete muscle meat is very good for health.

A lot of the "theories" on the Amino-Acid relations have been proven and have been known for some time... Milk is controversial but I still consume it. Sure, a bit high Tryptophan. Methionine on the low side in milk. But in-general, we need Gelatin (Glycin). It should be a big part of the diet, especially if one is eating tons of Meat (G*Dforbid chicken and turkey), Milk and whatnot. I definitely feel much much better on some Beef Gelatin Stew from Oxtail, Front and Back Calf muscles, Beef Heart (white connective tissue on it... *******, super high Collagen, Saturated Fat (when I made a broth from it, man, the fat was solid at above room temperature; probably tons of MUFA Stearic Acid too)) and maybe Beef Neck muscles. Get warm as hell, feel incredible.

So yeah some foods are high Trp and Methionine but that's why we eat Gelatin from Collagen in Connective Tissue; ligaments, Tendons, capillaries on the Heart. Same benefits for using Glycine as restricting Methionine as a study provided. It definitely works. I think to shouldn't be neglected, it with adaquete muscle meat is very good for health.

True.

tankasnowgod

So for those of you that completely eliminated PUFAs, where were those foods exactly?
Here's the thing.... it's pretty much impossible to "eliminate" PUFAs, outside of the lab. Even something like Orange Juice can have 100mg of PUFA in a glass. But you can certainly slash your intake, likely a lot. There are the various steps.

1. Cut out all "vegetable" oils, and products made with them (which is most processed foods). Replace with butter, tallow, cream, and Coconut oil (the vegetable oil that's an exception). Cut out all beans, seeds, nuts, and also avocado.

2. After that, replace most chicken and pork products with ruminant animal meat and dairy. Things like eggs can be healthy, despite a higher PUFA content. It's ideal if you can find chicken or pork raised with low PUFA feed, as meat and eggs from those animals will have significantly lower PUFA.

Doing those two things will slash a lot, but you will still have PUFA in your diet, maybe anywhere from 4-10 grams, depending on foods (obviously, it could be higher depending on how strict you are). From there, it probably comes down to reducing overall fat content (all fats have some PUFA), and maybe replacing some of the fats listed in 1 with Hydrogenated Coconut Oil or MCT. Those are very close to 100% saturated.

Things like Vitamin E, Stearic Acid and Polycosinols might help to "neutralize" or eliminate stored PUFA via various mechanisms, and eliminate the (hopefully small) amount of dietary PUFA that's pretty much unavoidable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals