What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet?

famalalam

Cutting out chips and anything fried did wonders to my overall wellbeing. Digestion improved, mood improved and subsequently my body composition improved.

gaze

Damn, I seriously love peanut butter. I guess almond butter wouldn't be any better?

i used to have extreme cravings for peanut butter, to the point where Id often open the jar just to smell it. I realized however my cravings for it were more so cravings for calories and that was my bodies go to for concentrated calories. once I started eating more calories of peat foods, i have 0 desire whatsoever to eat it. and my desire for chips went away easily by eating more salt

famalalam

i used to have extreme cravings for peanut butter, to the point where Id often open the jar just to smell it. I realized however my cravings for it were more so cravings for calories and that was my bodies go to for concentrated calories. once I started eating more calories of peat foods, i have 0 desire whatsoever to eat it. and my desire for chips went away easily by eating more salt

100%. Salting your food is really key to getting over any fast-food cravings.

OP
wealthofwisdom

For me, it just goes along perfectly with certain other foods I like. For example, apples and celery. Love me some apples+peanut butter and celery+peanut butter. But I can live without it.

OP
wealthofwisdom
100%. Salting your food is really key to getting over any fast-food cravings.
That's cool. I never really have fast food cravings, but I do often put way more salt than other people on my food. Now I can feel good about it. :)

Damn, I seriously love peanut butter. I guess almond butter wouldn't be any better?

You should look if you can get Hazelnut-Butter instead of Peanut;Hazelnut has a high content of MUFA instead of POLY.Nutella is inferior,but atleast contains also only high amounts of SAT and MUFA Fats.

Jessie

Well I know seed oils are the prime suspect, but they've been out of my diet for quite a while anyways. Even when I was keto I already had ditched the vegetable/seed oils. I guess the biggest difference since moving into Peat's realm is I'm less focused on the O6/O3 "ratio" and I'm more focused on just keeping fats to a minimum. What little fat I do eat (10-15%) is highly saturated, like mct oil, coconut oil, butter, cacao, milk, beef, lamb, oxtail, etc. It never took much convincing for me to realize that's the right way. I think back to all those times I was scoffing down fish oil to "offset" the almonds I just ate and realizing how bizarre that type of thinking was, haha.

Arnold Grape

A lot of people talk about reducing eggs, which is annoying bc I used to eat three a day. Little things that you don’t think about: tortillas or wraps often have additives; chips and fried things from restaurants. Protein bars and things like that. If you have a food co-op in your town it should not be difficult to replace some of your fav food items. For example, my coop has coconut oil potato chips and popcorn. They also have small farm raised beef and so on.

Zigzag

Chips. I can definitely tell those were the most damaging to my health. I'm almost certain that the damage they did, after so many years of consumption, is not fixable.

Well I know seed oils are the prime suspect, but they've been out of my diet for quite a while anyways. Even when I was keto I already had ditched the vegetable/seed oils. I guess the biggest difference since moving into Peat's realm is I'm less focused on the O6/O3 "ratio" and I'm more focused on just keeping fats to a minimum. What little fat I do eat (10-15%) is highly saturated, like mct oil, coconut oil, butter, cacao, milk, beef, lamb, oxtail, etc. It never took much convincing for me to realize that's the right way. I think back to all those times I was scoffing down fish oil to "offset" the almonds I just ate and realizing how bizarre that type of thinking was, haha.

The Ratio matters;you should keep the considerations intact.RP-style Diet isnt Low-Fat Diet,he seems to favor 33:33:33 in terms of Carbs,Fats and Protein.But im not certain enough.

Chips. I can definitely tell those were the most damaging to my health. I'm almost certain that the damage they did, after so many years of consumption, is not fixable.

High dosed Vitamin E as plain Alpha,up to 3000mg,plus a little bit of Gamma for a couple of months,then lower dosed for longer,could help.Brain uptake is seemingly slow,and can take years to saturation.

schultz

Peanut butter and nuts, fatty pork and chicken, occasional chips, occasional restaurant things like French fries, fish oil.

I used to eat a lot of peanut butter. I liked cutting up apples and putting peanut butter in a bowl and dipping the apples. I also ate nuts daily. I could easily see it being upwards of 4 TBSP of peanut butter at one time, which is 8g of PUFA. Yep apples and peanut was pretty tasty.

ursidae

Nuts, seeds, chicken, pork, oats, legumes, seed oils, avocado, olives, grains, mackerel, sardines and cooked salmon. I don’t eat mackerel because it makes me extremely sick. I think canned sardines inflame me but I’m not sure. I’d eat wild salmon raw. Never found chicken tasty and lamb tastes much better than pork.

I still eat shellfish, 2-3 raw pastured eggs every morning and very small amounts of quality olive oil. My skin and overall looks were much better back when I was nearly vegan, eating nuts and avocado daily. I still crave nuts and keep on reading about people healing their acne by snacking on them.
Perhaps it’s time to reintroduce them

Last edited:

Jessie

The Ratio matters;you should keep the considerations intact.RP-style Diet isnt Low-Fat Diet,he seems to favor 33:33:33 in terms of Carbs,Fats and Protein.But im not certain enough.
Interesting, I haven't seen anything from Ray yet about macro ratios. I just assumed sugar/carbs would likely take priority over fat. Given that fatty acid oxidation seems to be the main driver of metabolic syndrome and low metabolism. I do think there should be some balance though. If you eat too many carbs in one setting the excess will be converted into fat. So my guess is there's probably a U shape curve to the benefits of high carbohydrate diets. I think my omega ratio is still probably good, I just don't watch it closely anymore. I still eat stuff like grassfed beef and grassfed butter, I also eat oysters 3 times a week, what little fat they do have is mostly omega 3s. I eat between 20-40 grams of fat most days.

33% protein is way too much, a third of that is more than enough

A third of that would be 10%, equal to 200 kcal on a 2000 kcal Diet. That would mean only 50 grams of Protein. RP advises for 100g minimum even for petite Women.