What Do Skinny People Eat?

Dino D

So
I'm aiming at people (1) over 20, at best over 30 (2) who dont train, or who train just a little, and the most important who dont have a specific diet, who (3) on they own have random habits, or no eating habits at all, who never spend their life on searching diets on the net...
Everybody knows skinny or.lean people like that?

What do they eat exactly?

The ones I know eat everything, mostly junk or processed food, but i dont know how much do they eat in a day or in a weak...
Some guys eat small portions, those are often the skinny ones, other eat much bigger portions then me, they are more masculine but lean
By observation i dont think they eat much or often... but when they eat they eat whatever...
So, what have you noticed, what do your skinny or lean friends eat (that are not fully into diet or fitness, just the average skinny/lean guys)?

DiabloQueso

They mostly skip breakfast. That's the primary common difference between thinner and fatter people. I'm assuming by "skinny" you're using this as most modern Americans do to mean "Not historically fat". Let's say BMIs under 22. Fatter people are also more likely to snack, or drink calories. And aside from milk, the body isn't well designed to understand fluid calories. So when you drink 500 kcals, hunger is more likely to come up sooner than if you ate 500 kcals of solid food(including pure carbs like literal hand candies).
A Short History of Beverages and How our Body Treats Them – Research Review

Most fat people don't eat very much more than thin people. They eat a little bit more. Every 3,500 calories is a pound of fat. So overeat by just 100 calories a day for a year, and you gain 10 lbs. 10 years later and you're morbidly obese, despite eating what to the naked eye is "exactly what my thinner friends ate".

If you mean actual "skinny" people (BMI < 17), then it's a lot of restriction and caffeine and usually avoid carbs and sodium.

somuch4food

The answer you are looking for probably doesn't exist. I believe there is individuality to take into account.

Also lean is by no mean the equivalent of healthy.

Jing

I used to be very skinny all my life 8 stone at 5ft7 going through periods of getting up to 10-11 stone then going back to 8 stone, when I was skinniest I wouldn't eat basically all day and then just maybe have some crisps or Maybe abit of pasta maybe a takeaway now and then , sometimes I wouldn't eat anything at all just because I had no appetite. Same thing for my skinny friends who say they eat loads of food and never gain weight, they don't eat enough they will have an occasional big calorie day then next day no food .

Jing

They mostly skip breakfast. That's the primary common difference between thinner and fatter people. I'm assuming by "skinny" you're using this as most modern Americans do to mean "Not historically fat". Let's say BMIs under 22. Fatter people are also more likely to snack, or drink calories. And aside from milk, the body isn't well designed to understand fluid calories. So when you drink 500 kcals, hunger is more likely to come up sooner than if you ate 500 kcals of solid food(including pure carbs like literal hand candies).
A Short History of Beverages and How our Body Treats Them – Research Review

Most fat people don't eat very much more than thin people. They eat a little bit more. Every 3,500 calories is a pound of fat. So overeat by just 100 calories a day for a year, and you gain 10 lbs. 10 years later and you're morbidly obese, despite eating what to the naked eye is "exactly what my thinner friends ate".

If you mean actual "skinny" people (BMI < 17), then it's a lot of restriction and caffeine and usually avoid carbs and sodium.
Skinny People don't eat the pretty much the same calories as fat people, they say they do but they don't. I know skinny People and I used to be one, they complain that no matter how much they eat they can't put on weight but they don't actually eat much food at all.

DJ123

Those skinny people you observe are probably just skinnyfat and suffering from metabolic issues.

skittles

I've wondered this myself and looked deeper into it in the past. In my experience, naturally skinny people are picky eaters -- but they weirdly eat a lot of the same foods. This is kinda generalizing. Obviously not all of them eat the same foods. But in general, they tend to favour sweet and starchy things over fatty things. They like pasta and mashed potatoes, candy, chocolate, sugary soda, cake. They seem to like lean meat in small quantities, but it's rarely ever the star of the meal. Most of them are disgusted at the thought of lots of butter or a piece of fatty beef, they seem to like cheese, but only in limited amounts. But they seem to love some deep fried things like chicken fingers and french fries with gravy. Potato chips or tortilla chips tend to be a staple. I wonder if a lot of them are skinny because they've gone hyperthyroid from all the deepfried junk. A lot of skinny people I've known who eat this way have at least one chronic health issue, like stomach pain or recurring migraines, eye problems, teeth problems, etc. Not all of them though.
A lot of them seem to hate fish. They skip a lot of meals, usually not even thinking about it. They tend to not be at all concerned with food or health or nutrition or any of that jazz. If they gain a little weight, they just eat a little lighter for a week or so.

But probably the biggest factor of all, is they don't feel the need to finish their food. The first few bites of something are amazing. And then it's like, the food has cooled down a bit, the novelty has worn off, they've gotten the taste for it, and they're satisfied. One or two more bites later, and they're 'full', with half a plate of food left.
I think it's a culture thing. I grew up being told to clean my plate. And any time I had a treat, it was programmed into me that I wasn't actually 'full' until there was nothing more on the plate. And I'd eat the crumbs at the bottom of a bag of potato chips after ploughing through the whole thing in one sitting. And I'd be scraping the bottom of the pint of ice cream for every last drop after scarfing the whole thing down in 20 minutes.
It took a while of experimentation with trying to un-knot the root of my inherent gluttony, unabashedly eating very rich foods, trying to find exactly where the point is where I'm no longer hungry, but my brain tells me to finish the plate. Connecting with that feeling, more and more I find myself eating like a naturally skinny person. I could make a decadent pasta dish with cheesy garlic bread, and now less than halfway through, as delicious as it is, I'm just over it. Same goes for sugar. I used to consume seemingly endless amounts of sugar. But nowadays I find myself satisfied with little bits.

InChristAlone

I am not skinny anymore but I am by no means overweight. I was thin all of my life even during both of my pregnancies I gained just the recommended amount without any diet or exercise. I've eaten 3,000 calories a day of dairy, sugar, soda, starches, fast food, pizza, oreos, chips and still I was thin. Now I eat 1700 calories and am weight stable at 5'1 127 lbs. I feel like I'm healthier now than when I could eat anything and not gain a pound. I knew that wasn't sustainable. Being thin I ran on adrenaline a lot. I think that is what keeps weight off people. Past young adulthood its mostly adrenaline keeping people thin. Unless you happen to have stellar health at age 40 with near perfect thyroid hormones, you won't be able to just eat anything skip meals and stay thin.

somuch4food

It took a while of experimentation with trying to un-knot the root of my inherent gluttony, unabashedly eating very rich foods, trying to find exactly where the point is where I'm no longer hungry, but my brain tells me to finish the plate. Connecting with that feeling, more and more I find myself eating like a naturally skinny person. I could make a decadent pasta dish with cheesy garlic bread, and now less than halfway through, as delicious as it is, I'm just over it. Same goes for sugar. I used to consume seemingly endless amounts of sugar. But nowadays I find myself satisfied with little bits.

I have to go through the same process since I have been told the same thing during childhood.

Nemo

So
I'm aiming at people (1) over 20, at best over 30 (2) who dont train, or who train just a little, and the most important who dont have a specific diet, who (3) on they own have random habits, or no eating habits at all, who never spend their life on searching diets on the net...
Everybody knows skinny or.lean people like that?

I've known three.

One, my niece, who is in her mid-20s, just never liked to eat. Even as a child. She seems to eat anything, but never much.

Another, my daughter-in-law's ex, would only eat French fries, potato chips, rice and bread. I think I saw him eat half a piece of birthday cake once.

Another, a friend's son, just died of pancreatic cancer at age 45. He delivered pizzas for a living for years and ate only pizza, wings, burgers and fries. Mostly pizza and wings, because he could get them for free where he worked.

All three are/were very anal.

InChristAlone

I've known three.

One, my niece, who is in her mid-20s, just never liked to eat. Even as a child. She seems to eat anything, but never much.

Another, my daughter-in-law's ex, would only eat French fries, potato chips, rice and bread. I think I saw him eat half a piece of birthday cake once.

Another, a friend's son, just died of pancreatic cancer at age 45. He delivered pizzas for a living for years and ate only pizza, wings, burgers and fries. Mostly pizza and wings, because he could get them for free where he worked.

All three are/were very anal.
Yikes fast food diet is obviously super bad for health!

Lizb

I was skinny when I was young, right up until I got pregnant. I ate a huge amount of food and was quite frankly always hungry. Big breakfast, cake at break, dinner at lunch time if I could get one or sandwiches etc, cake in the afternoon dinner and then supper. Dinner meaning a proper meal and a pudding.

Melba

The answer might be simply that some people have a faster metabolism and burn those extra calories off rather than storing it

Lizb

I didn't like being thin. Clothes never looked right, people always making comment. I suspect I didn't eat enough actually even though I was always eating! I was always tired, didn't do well at school as couldn't concentrate, my womanhood apparently not coming up to the mark.

revenant

I used to eat low-carb, lots of calories from fat, I was skinny and it was great. Until it stopped working.

Running on stress hormones are probably a big part of it. Works in the short term, or even years, but all things come to an end.

Jing

If your skinny find out how many calories you need to maintain and eat 1000 calories over do this for 3+months to really notice anything. Make sure you counting calories properly , Ive notice people will think they are eating lots of calories but then I will look at the packet of food they are eating and they are just reading it wrong. Do 1000 calories over maintenance every single day without fail and not going 3+ hours without food I guarantee you gain weight.

GreekDemiGod

I've wondered this myself and looked deeper into it in the past. In my experience, naturally skinny people are picky eaters -- but they weirdly eat a lot of the same foods. This is kinda generalizing. Obviously not all of them eat the same foods. But in general, they tend to favour sweet and starchy things over fatty things. They like pasta and mashed potatoes, candy, chocolate, sugary soda, cake. They seem to like lean meat in small quantities, but it's rarely ever the star of the meal. Most of them are disgusted at the thought of lots of butter or a piece of fatty beef, they seem to like cheese, but only in limited amounts.
You just described my eating patterns in childhood. Been lean my whole life.
I simply did not find fatty foods appealing. I would only eat lean meat.

I was so desperate to feel good, that I went on a Carnivore Diet, which is a high Animal Fat diet. I would force myself to eat beef suet, eventually came to tolerate it well. The thought of animal fat in my mouth made me gag as a child.

ExCarniv

Everyone have an specific weight set point that the body genetically wants and is prepared to carry (height, bone density) below that set point you run on stress hormones because your body wants you to eat more and weight more, above your set point you carry extra weight that your body can, so you are damaging your frame, joints and general health.

If you body wants you to carry an specific weight that doesn't look good to you in the mirror, work to replace the fat with muscle.

Skinny people is designed to carry that weight and are naturally capable to eat enough to maintain that weight and healthy enough to avoid hormonal disbalances, so they doesn't gain fat despite the type of food.

Fexxx

#1 Skinny People don't abuse food for emotional and stressful issues. Most of them have other "strategies" to deal with stress (more or less healthy)

#2 They don't eat as often. More Fasting/Autophagy effects, which could compensate some nutrition imbalances

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals