Is It Good For Longevity To Eat Little And Not Get Fat?

paka

A lot of questions

1) I know it's wrong to eat little but I notice skinny people live longer even if they eat mostly woodchips and glue... It must be much healthier in the longterm to be a bit malnourished and skinny than to be perfectly nourished and overweight. It can't be healthy to constantly carry excess fat between organs and subcutaneously.

Also, I accept it's ideal to eat like Peat but most people DO NOT have such perfect knowledge of food... So they survive for a long time by not eating much which is common diet wisdom. That way they avoid PUFA at the cost of being a little malnourished, and people who eat too much develop more disease. I think Peat said it was better to avoid poisonous foods than getting full nutrition.

2) Also. people who meditate like monks, some fatten and some thin - why? They eat the same amount of food, same lack of exercise, what else is influencing their body fat... And I notice that fat monks die early (50 or below) due to high stress and fat, but the skinny monks who eat little and don't exercise or stress out go up to 100...

Random skinny people in small villages who eat little and never ate commercial foods live longer too.

Being skinny + avoiding poisonous foods seems much more important than getting perfect nutrition. Even if metabolism is low from not eating, somehow they remain skinny and healthy.

Maybe metabolism isn't everything, it's also not eating much saturated fat right? What else besides eating low fat and avoiding poisons like unsaturated fat and additives?

I believe so. Adipose tissue a.k.a. fat tissue holds on to environmental toxins. That's not natural healthy quackery, it's true. You don't see old fat people. inb4 someone posts a picture of an old fat person. You don't see that many old fat people. Old as in 80-100 plus. I disagree with people about having more body fat and protection from all cause mortality. I think those studies are flawed.

People will get mad at you for posting this but theres nothing to get mad about. It's just your opinion. But this is a very touchy subject for many people.

Your fat ratio may also be at play. The ratio of unsaturated to saturated fat in your tissues. I want my fat tissues to be resemble that of a coconut as much as possible because I feel best living in an place where they grow. Sun, rain water for drinking and cooking and fertile soil to grow roots and fruits. I want my fat tissue to resemble that environment.

OP
paka

paka

Also, I forgot names but

- a nutritionist who lived a very stressful lifestyle, jogging and sprinting for hours daily, drinking lots of water, eating no sugar and lots of green vegetables and meat - he died in his early 90's to a respiratory problem.

- in general, I am not seeing skinny people die soon and if they die, it's a peaceful death in their sleep but rarely to diseases common to people who eat a lot of pufa

Also, I forgot names but

- a nutritionist who lived a very stressful lifestyle, jogging and sprinting for hours daily, drinking lots of water, eating no sugar and lots of green vegetables and meat - he died in his early 90's to a respiratory problem.

- in general, I am not seeing skinny people die soon and if they die, it's a peaceful death in their sleep but rarely to diseases common to people who eat a lot of pufa

90 is long enough.

OP
paka

paka

Yes^

skinny people DO live long without disease, i just saw too many examples and came to share. I think I'm just going to not eat much as a diet, and low saturated fat, that's much more doable for most of the world.

edit: by that I mean slightly prioritize body fat > nutrition, not the opposite. Not being overweight >>>>> getting good nutrition, this is common in all old people.

Last edited:
Ray said BMi around 30 might be best. I think for female yes. For male maybe 24 or so. But fatter is better. Reason is that in old age cachexia is a huge danger I think.

BMI charts or general numbers based on height and total "weight" are irrelevant because it does not tell you how much fat you have vs. how much muscle you have. If you know what fat looks like and you know what muscle looks like, as it's kinda common sense, then you can see this just by looking at someone in their underwear from the front and from the side in person but the only true ways to measure this are through a DEXA scan or hydrostatic body fat testing.

Ahanu

Last edited:

encerent

It's better to eat a lot and have a high metabolism that keeps you skinny.

Note

Most older people do not eat a lot, I know my friend's mother, she is 93 years old, no major health issues, she eats plant based diet, ( based on starches) , no processed food.
She starts to loose a little memory but other that she lives alone and she is independent.
She is not skinny or obese.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals