Is It Possible To Grow Bone Structure At The Age Of 21?

Josh

Lol i know i post one thing after another on here but i can’t help but not think about this..

I really do believe i stunted my growth when i was younger, i’m 21 now and 5ft9 70kg and have not grown in any way since i was like 14-15 in terms of bone structure/height, i used to weigh about 64kg back when i was 14 but i’ve put on some muscle/fat but my bone structure never increased, bones are just really skinny, waist is really skinny, Small hands, wrists are abnormally skinny, feet size, everything.

…This is how i think i did it and it pisses me of SO MUCH that i did this to my self..things could be a lot worse in life i know but still i can’t help but get annoyed:

-I’ve been on anti biotics probably around 15 times in my life, including going on Lymecycline or tetracycline for like 8 months when i was 14 which probably was not a good idea.

-I started weight lifting when i was like 12-13, nothing serious or compound, but maybe form was never great and maybe that didn’t help.

-Prior to the age of 14, 15 i have never been a MASSIVE eater but i was normal, i just eat what ever, eat any junk food, eat what i was given, mother always cooked good home cooked foods, eat Veg/fruit/meat/dairy etc, nobody else i knew eat any better than me, and obviously i was growing..

-Took roacutanne when i was like 14 for 1 and a half months (Started with 20mg once a day and then for the second half of the second month took 40mg a day then stopped it all together after reading about the side effects. So was not on long but probably long enough to do some damage with DHT, bone development etc.

-Stopped drinking milk etc when i was like 15 due to thinking it was causing my acne and instead took a calcium and vit D supplement.

-Basically around the age of 16 i started getting weird with my diet, i was so obsessed with trying to make my acne go away so i started avoiding eating lots of foods, this resulted in low calories for months on end (Probably no more than 1500 calories a day!!!!!!!!!)
Just kept getting worse throughout the age of 16/17/18, following main stream advice to the max, started eating No red meat, ZERO saturated fat, Massively avoiding sugar, (even avoided fruit for a long period time), ZERO junk food like chocolate or anything.
Worse point was when i was 17/18 i was literally eating salmon every single day, nuts everyday, ***t loads of greens, sweet pots everyday and i just put the macros in on cronometer and it’s no more than 1500 cals a day and not meeting a lot of the RDA’s.

-Discovered Ray peat when i was like 18 then and started eating lots of calcium etc but didn’t grow at all in the last few years.

My father is 6ft, my mothers father is 6ft2, My mothers brother is 6ft3, my mother herself is around 5f6 (so not an abnormally small women), My sister who is 17 now is like 5ft7 and growing a lot. SO i believe genes would expect me to be bigger but we’ll never know for 100%! Maybe i’m just being pathetic with it..

Now that i am 21, is there anything i can do/take to cause some sort of growth????????? Not just height but wideness of the bone structure etc. Human growth hormone?? Or anything?

gaze

im the same way, stopped drinking milk and got into diet related issues to try and get rid of acne. I also ate anything i wanted until around age 16. I ended up around 6 feet, but my brother is 6'3. I think the best thing you could do, because 21 still has some room for potential for growth although small, is eating enough calories, adequate milk, fruit, probably some starch to increase insulin for its androgenic properties, and also making sure to sleep and relax. However, I think these are things you should do regardless, and its a bad mental place to be in to beat yourself over past mistakes. Everyone has problems during childhood that in one way shape or form stunts their growth, and the majority continue poor diet and other bad habits throughout life. You should look at the positive, that at such a young age you have found rays research and can begin to think critically and independently against main stream medical advice which you, me, and 99% of the rest of the population follows to their own detriment. Use your past mistakes to better your current and future self

Attakai

Same here. Dad is 6'3, I'm just under 5'10
did the exact same as you, avoided butter red meat, and sugar like the plague. Ate fish and chicken, used "healthy" vegetable oil spread on my dark nasty whole grain bread and only lean cuts of turkey on top. Was definitely malnourished eating 1000-1500 cals a day.
I couldn't understand why the other teens eating ***t and sweets whenever they wanted appeared so much more healthy and happy than me. **** the mainstream nutrition guide lines it really messed up my youth.

I discovered peat and other alternative nutrition advice at age 23. Was not able to do anything about my height, but my bone size and density has definitely improved. I think the most important factor is improving hormones.

Runenight201

Since being a teenager, how intensely have you used your hands? In terms of manual labor, some type of physical trade, maybe a physical sport like wrestling or grappling...

Our body adapts to whatever conditions you present it. The more you use your hands, the stronger and thicker they’ll become, so long as you eat a nourishing diet. If you look at the hands and wrists of construction workers, mechanics, etc... they are super fleshy. They are constantly using their hands every day and the body adapts accordingly. They also down as many calories, protein, fat, carb, etc.... as they can. A 6-pack means nothing to them, being able to have the strength and endurance to work all day is paramount.

Your self-conscious because your body is weak, not because it is small. Make the body strong through physical labor and proper nourishment, and you will swell in confidence. It takes time. It will be a drawn out process. It may take hours of work a day, constantly gripping, twisting, grappling, turning, grabbing, etc... but the body will change in response to the external stressors.

The internet shaped my body, and now I have the weak extremities to show for it. Today I dug dirt for 3 hours, and never have I engaged in such hard work, or have my hands ever felt so sore and beat up. But tomorrow they will be stronger for it.

DavidGardner

In my experience... weight lifting and manual labor definitely do not make you taller. I am an inch shorter now because of squats, deadlifts, and a lot of lifting and carrying at work. However, I think my clavicles are wider, and I have developed a lot of muscle mass in my back, which seems to make me appear bigger and taller than I actually am. People have mistaken me for almost six foot when I am really only 5’ 7” at best.

Focus on how you present yourself. Learn to adjust the pitch of your voice, higher when you want to sound polite and friendly, lower when you need to sound confident or firm. Pay attention to your posture. Learn how to talk with your eyes, this is a very powerful social tool. You can appear kind, flirtatious, or intimidating if you know how to adjust your gaze.

Do a lot of pull-ups with a reasonably wide grip to broaden your back. I doubt if it’s feasible to make much if any increase in height during adulthood, but you can make the most of what you have in these ways. I do not feel set back at all by my height. I will never be the strongest guy out there because there are limits to how much muscle mass I can put on being shorter, but my muscular endurance is top notch, much better than most taller men. Also, FWIW, it’s just as easy for me to have confidence with women as anyone else. I know most women say they prefer taller men, but if you project yourself charismatically, it really doesn’t matter.

alephx

There is an anecdote somewhere on the internet where someone took 25mg (maybe more) of Vit K2 and grew two inches in his 40s. Now, before doing it I would make sure you are getting plenty of magnesium and sunlight.

GreekDemiGod

There is an anecdote somewhere on the internet where someone took 25mg (maybe more) of Vit K2 and grew two inches in his 40s. Now, before doing it I would make sure you are getting plenty of magnesium and sunlight.
Where you would topically apply it? On the spine, maybe?

GreekDemiGod

. I am an inch shorter now because of squats, deadlifts, and a lot of lifting and carrying at work.
Just lol at caring about height and doing heavy squats. At least do spinal decompression (bar hanging) in between-sets.
Lifting did made me grow taller after 25.

OP
J

Josh

im the same way, stopped drinking milk and got into diet related issues to try and get rid of acne. I also ate anything i wanted until around age 16. I ended up around 6 feet, but my brother is 6'3. I think the best thing you could do, because 21 still has some room for potential for growth although small, is eating enough calories, adequate milk, fruit, probably some starch to increase insulin for its androgenic properties, and also making sure to sleep and relax. However, I think these are things you should do regardless, and its a bad mental place to be in to beat yourself over past mistakes. Everyone has problems during childhood that in one way shape or form stunts their growth, and the majority continue poor diet and other bad habits throughout life. You should look at the positive, that at such a young age you have found rays research and can begin to think critically and independently against main stream medical advice which you, me, and 99% of the rest of the population follows to their own detriment. Use your past mistakes to better your current and future self

Very true man! Thank you.. I really struggle with dairy, it really plays my eczema up :(

OP
J

Josh

Same here. Dad is 6'3, I'm just under 5'10
did the exact same as you, avoided butter red meat, and sugar like the plague. Ate fish and chicken, used "healthy" vegetable oil spread on my dark nasty whole grain bread and only lean cuts of turkey on top. Was definitely malnourished eating 1000-1500 cals a day.
I couldn't understand why the other teens eating ***t and sweets whenever they wanted appeared so much more healthy and happy than me. **** the mainstream nutrition guide lines it really messed up my youth.

I discovered peat and other alternative nutrition advice at age 23. Was not able to do anything about my height, but my bone size and density has definitely improved. I think the most important factor is improving hormones.

yeah man i used to think the same. Literally everyone around me eating absolute JUNK and thriving, i used to feel sorry for them eating all that sugar and fat LOL how wrong was i :mad:

okay thats good, did you take thyroid sups or was there anything in particular that you did to improve yourself?

OP
J

Josh

Since being a teenager, how intensely have you used your hands? In terms of manual labor, some type of physical trade, maybe a physical sport like wrestling or grappling...

Our body adapts to whatever conditions you present it. The more you use your hands, the stronger and thicker they’ll become, so long as you eat a nourishing diet. If you look at the hands and wrists of construction workers, mechanics, etc... they are super fleshy. They are constantly using their hands every day and the body adapts accordingly. They also down as many calories, protein, fat, carb, etc.... as they can. A 6-pack means nothing to them, being able to have the strength and endurance to work all day is paramount.

Your self-conscious because your body is weak, not because it is small. Make the body strong through physical labor and proper nourishment, and you will swell in confidence. It takes time. It will be a drawn out process. It may take hours of work a day, constantly gripping, twisting, grappling, turning, grabbing, etc... but the body will change in response to the external stressors.

The internet shaped my body, and now I have the weak extremities to show for it. Today I dug dirt for 3 hours, and never have I engaged in such hard work, or have my hands ever felt so sore and beat up. But tomorrow they will be stronger for it.

Between the ages of 16-18 i was working with my hands on a daily basis in mechanical engineering jobs, didn't do anything really.. but it's not just hands and wrists with me, it's overall bone structure like shoulders, waist etc so not sure why you are focusing so much on hands/wrist?

What do you mean by the internet shaped your body and you have weak extemtities?

Thanks for your input!

OP
J

Josh

Just lol at caring about height and doing heavy squats. At least do spinal decompression (bar hanging) in between-sets.
Lifting did made me grow taller after 25.

I wonder about this, i started doing all the major compounds when i was about 18, so bar hanging is the way to decompress?

OP
J

Josh

In my experience... weight lifting and manual labor definitely do not make you taller. I am an inch shorter now because of squats, deadlifts, and a lot of lifting and carrying at work. However, I think my clavicles are wider, and I have developed a lot of muscle mass in my back, which seems to make me appear bigger and taller than I actually am. People have mistaken me for almost six foot when I am really only 5’ 7” at best.

Focus on how you present yourself. Learn to adjust the pitch of your voice, higher when you want to sound polite and friendly, lower when you need to sound confident or firm. Pay attention to your posture. Learn how to talk with your eyes, this is a very powerful social tool. You can appear kind, flirtatious, or intimidating if you know how to adjust your gaze.

Do a lot of pull-ups with a reasonably wide grip to broaden your back. I doubt if it’s feasible to make much if any increase in height during adulthood, but you can make the most of what you have in these ways. I do not feel set back at all by my height. I will never be the strongest guy out there because there are limits to how much muscle mass I can put on being shorter, but my muscular endurance is top notch, much better than most taller men. Also, FWIW, it’s just as easy for me to have confidence with women as anyone else. I know most women say they prefer taller men, but if you project yourself charismatically, it really doesn’t matter.

Yes this is all VERY true!

I fully understand that it's not even about looks really, have you read way of a superior man? That basically sums up stuff, but still, easier said than done and if i can do anything to improve the way i appear i will do it!

OP
J

Josh

i think the problem with me is i am short and skinny, like a little boy, which is not good

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals