Need Help ASAP! Low Blood Sugar, Low T, No Energy, Fatigue At 18 Yr Old

chrismeyers

I have your same body type. And while I am still super lean on a continuous Peat diet, I am statistically much much better in testosterone etc. I see that when you went high fat, you went with a high fat PUFA intake. That was your mistake. You do increased fat at your age and to produce hormones, but not the fats you were eating. Cut out (and I mean 100%) all vegetable, seed, nut, and bean oils. Not just by themselves but ANY food that contains them as an ingredient. Drink a lot of organic milk, fruits,and for that boost in sat fat eat ice cream. Make sure of course that the ice cream you buy has ONLY these ingredients: milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and flavor. No fillers, no oils. Haagen Dazs coffee is a good option, but since Im all organic now I go with and love Straus. Your testosterone WILL rise with this diet

Peatful

Ok thanks man. I will look into this more and research it further.

I already know all of this about cholestrol. The paleo community really ingrained in my head that you need to eat fats, fats, fats no matter what because they give your body cholesterol which is the building block of Testosterone. This lead to countless grams of PUFAs per day.

I am not getting manboobs man. And you are right I am ectomorphic which is pretty good actually. It's just, that I still have difficulty gaining muscle and I have no energy and low T.

Right now I think it is an overproduction of cortisol, blood sugar is messed up causing all kinds of whack in my system, like probably elevated prolactin levels.

I will figure this all out eventually.

Tomorrow I will get my refined coconut oil so I can stock up on some saturated fats and also taurine and gelatin again as I ran out of gelatin a couple of days ago. Gelatin has always been really good.
I'm impressed with how in touch u r at 18!
U intuitively know u need 3k calories and that it is high cortisol with blood sugar handling issues.
My number 1 piece of advice to u would be address ur blood sugar issues first. No supplements needed.
Eat every 3 hours balanced macro meals or snacks.
40/30/30 carbs, protein, fat.
Ur body, especially ur adrenals, need that balance to help calm the body down to start to heal.
Ur young...it shouldn't take too long to notice ur body responding. But be intentional....3k of small balanced meals every three hours.
Best of luck to u.

tara

Hi.
Maybe there are other things going on too, but it looks as though a lot of your troubles could stem from chronic undereating. That could result in low hormones, low temperature, low energy, etc. I'd tackle that before trying to supplement hormones etc. Supplementing hormones to increase metabolism while severely undernourished can deepen starvation/deficiency problems that the lowered metabolism may be there to protect you from.

I feel like I should eat more in the 3k calorie range ...
I think you are probably right. And more if you get hungry for more during recovery
If you've been eating a very low calorie diet, it is probably safest to gradually increase by a couple of hundred cals every couple of days till you get up there. Also let your dr and someone you see every day know what you are doing, in case your system reacts to the sudden change (refeeding syndrome is rare, treatable, but dangerous if not treated quickly).

and just don't how to get there.
I'd consider allowing yourself a pretty wide range of foods, but try to keep PUFAs as low as practical (favour butter, cream, coconut oil, and the fat that is included in beef and lamb meat), make sure you get at least 100g of protein a day, maybe more if you are hungry for it, and when you can, include a lot of fruit/juice, milk or cheese if it agrees with you, favour roots and tubers over large amounts of grains. If there are particular foods that irritate your system its good if you can find replacements, but not at the cost of failing to eat.

You can use cronometer or similar to check that you are covering micronutrient needs. Don't pay any attention to their recommended calorie intake - they are not about restoring metabolism, they are about calorie restriction, so they will be too low. But you can check how many calories you are eating in a typical day? Check magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamins, etc, too.

Salt food to taste, drink to thirst (unless you are peeing frequent and clear, in which case you may need to drink less). Can vary according to temperature, activity, metabolism etc, but for someone with low metabolism, generally not 2 gallons. I'd suggest drinking food (eg juice, milk, smoothies, soup) rather than water at least to begin with, unless you are really craving water. That way you get minerals etc along with it too.

I like the ideas above about eating good OJ, icecream, and regular meals at least every three hours, more if you are hungry for more.

Have you seen this site?: Patients and General Public

Lots of drs aren't up with watching out for undereating.

Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals