18 yeard old with DIFUSSE HARILOSS since 13. HELP

Ratatopo

INTRODUCTION:
This post is going to be long, I will tell you when I started loosing my hair on all of my scalp, will include pictures before it started and how it looks now, will include what stress I was going through, my diet before and now, and all information you may need to help me. I need to solve this problem because it has affected me and my confidence too much and probably ruined my teenager phase. I have spent all this years trying to find a solution, went to a dermatologist, etc and I recently found Ray Peat. Maybe it has something to do with a hormone inbalance, I will explain everything.

BEFORE PUBERTY:
Never bullied or went through any stress. I played at least 3 hours of soccer a day, sweating a lot, but the diet wasn't looking too good. Basically I would have sandwich for breakfast and dinner, and lunch it would be pasta or chicken and rice. My home country was/is going through an economic crisis so my family decided to move to a first world country when I was 12/13. At this age, I did not show any signs of starting puberty and I was really worried about it. I refused going to parties and doing social stuff because I was insecure. I stayed at home playing videogames and I developed an interest in it, which ruined my life. In short, I wanted my parents to buy me a console to play videogames because it was my dream or whatever but they never did, I wanted this for like 2 years in which I was constantly remorseful and angry at my parents, to the point I wanted to end my life. This constant stress might be a reson for my hairloss(please dont judge me, I was a kid and I obviously regret all of this). One thing to add, my hair was really good before all of this, I was complimented because of it, the barber said my hair was thick, blabla. See pictures.
FB_IMG_1569722808462.jpg

Puberty:

My diet at this time was pancaked, eggs, 0 milk becuse it bloating and gasses, tuna, not very nutrious food. It was noticiable that I hasn't started puberty and when it finally did at the age of 14-15, the diffuse thinning started. I was hanging out with two friends when they noticed a "bald spot" in the crown of my head. I also starting working out at that time, and I could notice how I was loosing hairs through the day because I was doing bicep curls in the mirror and I could see one or two hairs falling out every set I did. I would say that the crown area is the most affected. My hairline is untouched and 0 signs of recession. Something to add, is that I just turned 18, and I just recently started growing hairs on my armpits, where there are people at 13 who already have a forest below their arms. I don't really look underdeveloped. I'm 6 foot, around 150lbs, good frame, big feet. I have hair in my legs. Back to my hair, it started to get or look greasier and have less volume of course because I was thinning. The corners of my head, next to the crown are also very affected, more than the front. At around 15, every single hair that I lost had a white bulb attached to it. I researched and it made me think that I had telogen effluvium and that it would heal by itself. At this time I discovered fitness and started eating peanut butter, tuna, eggs, rice, but always trying to cut on carbs, working one at least 1 hours a day and sleeping 6 hours a day. After a few months and when quarantine started, I got dandruff and 1 or 2 pimples close to the crown of my head that lasted months. In quarantine, I shaved my head because I wanted to see how it looks, and I noticed the big amount of dandruff in the floor, the dandruff looked like stars in contrast to my black hair. I started ketonocazole shampoo and I still use it to this day, it improved dandruff slighty, but when I go to the barber, I still notice dandruff on the floor and hair. When I wash my hair, it looks decent and I can go outside without people thinking im balding, but after one day, it is super greasy and with some dandruff, looks like this:
Screenshot_2021-03-18-16-37-12.png
This is when it wasn't as bad, like 15yo.

How it looks after 24 hours of not washing.
20211109_165749.jpg

20211109_164611.jpg
20211109_164606.jpg

How it looks after shampoo:
20211109_182811.jpg
20211109_182713.jpg
20211109_182800.jpg

I believe I am hypothyroid because I have symptoms like cold feet and hands, tiredness and yawning a lot, had difficulty builing muscle, hairloss of course, had constipation and dry skin.

My current diet since I discovered Ray Peat is:

breakfast: 3 eggs cooked with a bit of butter, and 2 slices of gouda cheese, 1 cup of coffee with 1 cup of milk and one carrot, then I take some vitamin D and calcium supplement.
Later I drink orange juice and more milk

Lunch: Rice and chicken, or potatos and chicken, sometimes beef, or salmon.

Dinner: Tuna, a tortilla with gouda cheese and salt.

Few months ago I was eating a lot of cookies, chips and junk food.

IMPORTANT:
Other issues that I have that might be related are keratosis pilaris on my triceps since puberty I think. Also, my scalp, lower legs, skin on jaw and eyebrows is a little flaky (see picture) even on my eyebrows and eyelashes, and unibrow it flakes:

20211111_165908.jpg
Something else to mention is that when quarantine started, of course I stayed in the house for a few months and when I started going outside, any little sunlight or heat would cause this type of skin rash on all of my body and I could feel when they were coming, it kinda itched, but this stopped happening actually:

20200921_134910.jpg

I hope you can help me, will answer any questions, I know it was long but I had to explain it because it looks like a weird case as it all started right in puberty, might be hormonal, might be something else.

Sila

I was in a similar situation - Zayn Malik tier hair etc. I'd advice you to get your tonsils checked (ideally removed) if they're infected they will become a source for constant fungal and bacterial growth which can prevent hair recovery.

DrJ

Do you take vitamin A? Or eat any high vitamin A foods?

JamesGatz

Would you say you have high serotonin ? I know that if I was eating all this cheese and especially chicken/tuna without keeping my gut clean I would get very serotonergic (it seems the only thing you are doing for this is carrot in the morning) if so let me know and I can recommend some things that will help

Last edited:
OP
R

Ratatopo

Do you take vitamin A? Or eat any high vitamin A foods?
I took this supplement that has 900mcg vitamin 9 for a long time. Other than that, I eat eggs, salmon twice a week at most, and I haven't eaten liver consistently, only 2 times in like 2 months but I will start eating once a week.
20211112_130134.jpg

OP
R

Ratatopo

Would you say you have high serotonin ? I know that if I was eating all this cheese and especially chicken/tuna without keeping my gut clean I would get very serotonergic (it seems the only thing you are doing for this is carrot in the morning) if so let me know and I can recommend some things that will help
I was reading the high serotonin personality article by Hans and I would say 100% I had most symptoms and still have some. Makes sense as I didn't get enough sleep like I do now,, and was eating peanut butter and almonds every day. I was very irritable and remorseful to my parents, I couldnt take a joke, etc fortunately I corrected those things. I would appreciate your tips. Is eating cheese bad when one hasn't cured the gut? I wanted to add that before ray peat, coffee, milk and I were enemies. I couldn't eat any dairy or I got the worst gasses and diarrhea, I event thought I was lactose intolerant. coffee caused acidity in my throat. But now I can consume both with 0 problems.

JamesGatz

I was reading the high serotonin personality article by Hans and I would say 100% I had most symptoms and still have some. Makes sense as I didn't get enough sleep like I do now,, and was eating peanut butter and almonds every day. I was very irritable and remorseful to my parents, I couldnt take a joke, etc fortunately I corrected those things. I would appreciate your tips. Is eating cheese bad when one hasn't cured the gut? I wanted to add that before ray peat, coffee, milk and I were enemies. I couldn't eat any dairy or I got the worst gasses and diarrhea, I event thought I was lactose intolerant. coffee caused acidity in my throat. But now I can consume both with 0 problems.
This is what I would try -

1) Not eating so many eggs every morning - this is a lot of PUFA and also they can be a little hard on the stomach

2) Replacing Chicken and Tuna with more Red Meat and Gelatin - chicken and these fish seem to be high PUFA as well if I remember and are also harder on the stomach

3) For this cheese and tortilla you are eating - I would examine the ingredient list and make sure that they are no problematic enzymes they incorporate - many of these that I see in markets all have these digestive troubling enzymes - for cheese it's important to ensure the ingredients are maybe just salt and animal rennet - if it says enzymes, microbial rennet - this is trouble for the stomach in my view

4) after each meal i would suggest eating a little pineapple with coffee afterwards - you can think of this as clean-up - this allows your digestive system to rest and relax and gets rid of many of these symptoms - the bromelain helps with breaking down protein and the reduction of endotoxin helps a lot with this serotonin/digestive upset

Last edited:
OP
R

Ratatopo

This is what I would try -

1) Not eating so many eggs every morning - this is a lot of PUFA and also they can be a little hard on the stomach

2) Replacing Chicken and Tuna with more Red Meat and Gelatin - chicken and these fish seem to be high PUFA as well if I remember and are also harder on the stomach

3) For this cheese and tortilla you are eating - I would examine the ingredient list and make sure that they are no problematic enzymes they incorporate - many of these that I see in markets all have these digestive troubling enzymes - for cheese it's important to ensure the ingredients are maybe just salt and animal rennet - if it says enzymes, microbial rennet - this is trouble for the stomach in my view

4) after each meal i would suggest eating a little pineapple with coffee afterwards - you can think of this as clean-up - this allows your digestive system to rest and relax and gets rid of many of these symptoms - the bromelain helps with breaking down protein and the reduction of endotoxin helps a lot with this serotonin/digestive upset
Thanks for the help. The cheese I consume has enzymes and other stuff so I will stop eating it. 2 eggs a day is ok? Another thing that might be related is that I get really bad cracked and dry lips, no matter how much water, salt, coconut oil I put in them. I guess is something systematic but it looks so bad. Maybe a vitamin deficiency?

DrJ

I took this supplement that has 900mcg vitamin 9 for a long time. Other than that, I eat eggs, salmon twice a week at most, and I haven't eaten liver consistently, only 2 times in like 2 months but I will start eating once a week.
I dunno man I was a bit thinking you might be getting too much vitamin A. It's really hard to tell the difference between vitamin A excess and vitamin A deficiency since they have similar symptoms. It's hard to know your exact situation.

To tell you mine, I initially got a good result by adding vitamin A for fixing dry skin, but eventually it came back and got worse. Also, there was this period lasting a year where I was extremely irritable, snapping at people, dumb fighting with my gf and eventually breaking up with her. I felt a bit paranoid interspersed with feeling extreme guilt over past events and couldn't take a joke. Memory started sucking and progressively got worse. Hair was looking unhealthy and thinner and I was getting weird yellow calluses on my toes. Just prior to this I had been the happiest and healthiest I had ever been with extreme mental sharpness. Looked back at my amazon history and I had been taking 25000IU (7500mcg) per day for basically every day that year (couldn't even remember this) because I had got my thyroid up going strong just before (always great temps) and Peat was saying things like 100,000IU/day no problem if thyroid is good and I was like hellz yeah now my thyroid is up I'm going to supercharge my skin health or whatever. But that was bad reasoning.

Obviously you're not taking that much, but it does accumulate so can still happen over time. Excess vitamin A can cause hair to go into telogen (resting) phase and skin atrophy/peeling. And it can cause memory problems since it interrupts acetylcholine.

But probably you need to figure out if your skin problems are from too much or too little vitamin A. But I'm inclined to believe it doesn't take so much Vitamin A to have too much stored away in your liver and tissues. And if I'm right then you actually still might want to keep with the 3-4 eggs a day for the choline since it rehabilitates your liver and excess vitamin A damages your liver. This is how I eventually recovered my memory from the vitamin A thing - by eating 3-4 eggs every day to restore acetylcholine and I still do. Read up on the difference between too much and too little vitamin A and see if you have some clues to figure it out...

OP
R

Ratatopo

I dunno man I was a bit thinking you might be getting too much vitamin A. It's really hard to tell the difference between vitamin A excess and vitamin A deficiency since they have similar symptoms. It's hard to know your exact situation.

To tell you mine, I initially got a good result by adding vitamin A for fixing dry skin, but eventually it came back and got worse. Also, there was this period lasting a year where I was extremely irritable, snapping at people, dumb fighting with my gf and eventually breaking up with her. I felt a bit paranoid interspersed with feeling extreme guilt over past events and couldn't take a joke. Memory started sucking and progressively got worse. Hair was looking unhealthy and thinner and I was getting weird yellow calluses on my toes. Just prior to this I had been the happiest and healthiest I had ever been with extreme mental sharpness. Looked back at my amazon history and I had been taking 25000IU (7500mcg) per day for basically every day that year (couldn't even remember this) because I had got my thyroid up going strong just before (always great temps) and Peat was saying things like 100,000IU/day no problem if thyroid is good and I was like hellz yeah now my thyroid is up I'm going to supercharge my skin health or whatever. But that was bad reasoning.

Obviously you're not taking that much, but it does accumulate so can still happen over time. Excess vitamin A can cause hair to go into telogen (resting) phase and skin atrophy/peeling. And it can cause memory problems since it interrupts acetylcholine.

But probably you need to figure out if your skin problems are from too much or too little vitamin A. But I'm inclined to believe it doesn't take so much Vitamin A to have too much stored away in your liver and tissues. And if I'm right then you actually still might want to keep with the 3-4 eggs a day for the choline since it rehabilitates your liver and excess vitamin A damages your liver. This is how I eventually recovered my memory from the vitamin A thing - by eating 3-4 eggs every day to restore acetylcholine and I still do. Read up on the difference between too much and too little vitamin A and see if you have some clues to figure it out...
It's been happening for so long and I don't think I was having too much vitamin A when it started. Of course I'm gonna try to optimize everything to have a little chance of my hair being normal.

lampofred

I would guess too much aromatase due to a subnormal body temperature and a chronically low calcium-to-phosphate ratio. What is your body temperature and pulse rate?

OP
R

Ratatopo

I would guess too much aromatase due to a subnormal body temperature and a chronically low calcium-to-phosphate ratio. What is your body temperature and pulse rate?
Right now I don't have the tools to measure but I will update soon when I do.

forterpride

Have you read Hair Like a Fox by Danny Roddy? I’d start there. Also download The Peat Whisperer pdf by Danny Roddy. I stopped my aggressive hair loss by just switching to drinking only OJ and Milk all day long…as well as making the carrot salad ( eating it whole is not as effective as grating it into a salad). I also eat 1oz of liver 5X a week and Oysters on weekends. Also….tyromix helped me a lot. I take 5 drops in am and 5 in pm. 10 minutes a day of sunlight on the body helps as well. My hairloss has completely stopped once I tweaked my regimen to what it is now.

p.s. If you have the money but a laser helmet from Overmachograndes website. They are very effective but it can take six months or more to see results.

That’s all I got man. Good luck.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Have you read Hair Like a Fox by Danny Roddy? I’d start there. Also download The Peat Whisperer pdf by Danny Roddy. I stopped my aggressive hair loss by just switching to drinking only OJ and Milk all day long…as well as making the carrot salad ( eating it whole is not as effective as grating it into a salad). I also eat 1oz of liver 5X a week and Oysters on weekends. Also….tyromix helped me a lot. I take 5 drops in am and 5 in pm. 10 minutes a day of sunlight on the body helps as well. My hairloss has completely stopped once I tweaked my regimen to what it is now.

p.s. If you have the money but a laser helmet from Overmachograndes website. They are very effective but it can take six months or more to see results.

Thanks a lot.

-Luke-

Did I miss something or do you eat basically no carbs for breakfast? All that protein without (or very little) carbs will lead to a stress reaction.

OP
R

Ratatopo

Did I miss something or do you eat basically no carbs for breakfast? All that protein without (or very little) carbs will lead to a
Did I miss something or do you eat basically no carbs for breakfast? All that protein without (or very little) carbs will lead to a stress reaction.
I think the only carbs are in the milk, the sugar in coffee, and the juice/fruit.

OccamzRazer

Hey man! Lotsa good suggestions here so I'll just add two simple ones:

1. Eat as much good food as possible. Good food = stuff that's high in easy-to-digest carbz, relaxant amino acids, and saturated fats.

2. Get as much good light as possible. If you can't tolerate sunlight, try a handheld red light (I have one from Lifegiving Store) that you can shine directly onto your head.

OP
R

Ratatopo

1. Eat as much good food as possible. Good food = stuff that's high in easy-to-digest carbz, relaxant amino acids, and saturated fats.

2. Get as much good light as possible. If you can't tolerate sunlight, try a handheld red light (I have one from Lifegiving Store) that you can shine directly onto your head.
Thanks a lot, I will get more sunlight

Summer

On point 2, do you have any advice on how far from the scalp you hold the light and for how long?

Vins7

How do you do for drinking a lot milk and oj and being hungry for eating enough calories?

What were your diet changes? Just adding milk and oj?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals