Help With Energy For 17 A Year Old

Edddie

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me out or let me know their thoughts.
Basically:
Im male 17,

I took lots of zinc 30-50mg a day when I was 15 for 2 years for "T boost", not knowing what i was doing and whilst doing Keto and overtraining.

It caused anemia I think 0r worsened my symptoms of anemia; very low energy, greyish hair etc.

Then last October i started taking 60mg of iron a day and it improved my energy level and I became warm when i took it but mostly in short bursts but I began to feel what i felt is normal.

Then that stopped working so well and my joints started clicking and found out it was a copper deficiency, thanks to @Douglas Ek.

Then took copper 5-10mg a day and felt the best I ever have in my life; high energy, testosterone went from 600 - 900 etc. Genuinely the best I have ever felt in my life.

Then it started to stop working as well and I stopped taking copper because i was worried about overload and at the same time I got a new job that was stressful, maybe this worsened my health too. Now Im back where i started only slightly better than before...
My energy levels are below average again and my hair is limp and dry like it was before copper supplementation.

I was so hopeful and felt like a new person and what i thought someone my age should feel like but now its flipped over and Im starting to feel hopeless.

Would anyone be able to give me any insight into what's happened or your opinion on what i should do next?
Thanks for reading through this far if you have I know its a lot, Id appreciate any reply
And I can provide more information if needed and tbf I’ve probably forgotten to include a few details. Thanks again.

Peatful

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me out or let me know their thoughts.
Basically:
Im male 17,

I took lots of zinc 30-50mg a day when I was 15 for 2 years for "T boost", not knowing what i was doing and whilst doing Keto and overtraining.

It caused anemia I think 0r worsened my symptoms of anemia; very low energy, greyish hair etc.

Then last October i started taking 60mg of iron a day and it improved my energy level and I became warm when i took it but mostly in short bursts but I began to feel what i felt is normal.

Then that stopped working so well and my joints started clicking and found out it was a copper deficiency, thanks to @Douglas Ek.

Then took copper 5-10mg a day and felt the best I ever have in my life; high energy, testosterone went from 600 - 900 etc. Genuinely the best I have ever felt in my life.

Then it started to stop working as well and I stopped taking copper because i was worried about overload and at the same time I got a new job that was stressful, maybe this worsened my health too. Now Im back where i started only slightly better than before...
My energy levels are below average again and my hair is limp and dry like it was before copper supplementation.

I was so hopeful and felt like a new person and what i thought someone my age should feel like but now its flipped over and Im starting to feel hopeless.

Would anyone be able to give me any insight into what's happened or your opinion on what i should do next?
Thanks for reading through this far if you have I know its a lot, Id appreciate any reply
And I can provide more information if needed and tbf I’ve probably forgotten to include a few details. Thanks again.
Most of us will want to know your diet.
Your daily caloric intake.
Your body temperature after breakfast.
And possibly any relevant labs.

Beastmode

At your age, stay away from supplements and stick to the basics of what Peat typically suggests. Your balls just dropped a few years ago; Give it some time.

If you don't know what the basics are, read Peat's articles.
If you do know what the basics are, get to work.

Maljam

Dont waste your youth getting lost in orthorexia and doing stupid supplement experiments. Spend less time looking at all this stuff than more. It sounds like your problems started with excess zinc supplementation and you have been on a supplement spiral to fix it. This should tell you something. Don't bother with supplements.

Just eat a hearty nutritious diet, fatty meat, veg, eggs, butter potatoes, or whatever suits you and enjoy being young, don't live off fast food. Don't masturbate multiple times a day. Get lots of sunlight and exercise. Don't get fat. Chase girls or boys, have fun.

Dont waste your youth getting lost in orthorexia and doing stupid supplement experiments. Spend less time looking at all this stuff than more. It sounds like your problems started with excess zinc supplementation and you have been on a supplement spiral to fix it. This should tell you something. Don't bother with supplements.

Just eat a hearty nutritious diet, fatty meat, veg, eggs, butter potatoes, or whatever suits you and enjoy being young, don't live off fast food. Don't masturbate multiple times a day. Get lots of sunlight and exercise. Don't get fat. Chase girls or boys, have fun.
+1 Fantastic advice, heed it!!

OP
E

Edddie

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice, I appreciate it.
I’ve been doing a Peaty diet for about 8 months, low PUFA and L+ of milk daily etc and it has helped a little with my symptoms but not fully resolved them and I think high calcium is making me worse. I’m going to try the Root Cause Protocol but combine it with Rays ideas so I can get the best of both and hopefully I will get some good results. Thanks

SonOfEurope

I second the advice given already... Stay away from any supplement at your age except for enjoyable mental and physical activity.

Stay away from 5G cellphones and routers as much you can.

Eat as much as you need just stay away from PUFA oils and excess liquid fats.

Follow your cravings withing a range, need copper? - Eat chocolate.

Your Testosterone will continue to rise for a few years but it's already high enough to start the practice of building physique, just through enjoyable activities until your early 20s when hormones peak to adult levels.

OP
E

Edddie

I second the advice given already... Stay away from any supplement at your age except for enjoyable mental and physical activity.

Stay away from 5G cellphones and routers as much you can.

Eat as much as you need just stay away from PUFA oils and excess liquid fats.

Follow your cravings withing a range, need copper? - Eat chocolate.

Your Testosterone will continue to rise for a few years but it's already high enough to start the practice of building physique, just through enjoyable activities until your early 20s when hormones peak to adult levels.
Thanks man

crazypatriot

Old thread i guess but,

Vitamin A is needed to use copper to create ceruloplasmin in the liver. Ceruloplasmin then effects iron metabolism. Perhaps you had a vitamin A issue, depleted by the mineral supplements, just a hypothesis.

Id suggest eat liver to get your copper since it contains high vitamin a, iron, b vitamins, etc. Egg yolks may be another great food for Vitamin A content.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals