Messed Up My Copper Levels: Don't Do This (please Help)

Goobz

I've been copper deficient to varying degrees for years now, along with histamine issues of unknown origin, and chelating mercury during most of it with a frequent dose ALA protocol. The only things which really aggravated my copper issues were chelation itself, and molybdenum in high doses. High doses of zinc and Vitamin C never had any effect. Taurine didn't seem to have an effect but I have insufficient bile. Perhaps gut issues prevent my gut metallothioneins from having a normal zinc/copper antagonism? I have no idea.

The only things that really helped with copper retention were estradiol or estriol cream in small doses (one sign of low estrogen for me is constant stomach pain), and high doses of Vitamin D, probably via increasing estrogen because that also helped my stomach, albeit nowhere near as well as estrogen directly.

I used to have thiol tolerance issues and moly helped a little. Fortunately the thiol issue disappeared completely a couple years ago.

I still take moly (1-3mg/day) because for whatever reason it stops a chronic sinusitis that seems related to iron transport issues. My serum copper was low in range (around 12) without copper supplementation, and I started supplementing again because my skin wasn't healing properly. The only reason I avoided taking copper is that it aggravates my histamine issues. I've also had bottom of the range serum uric acid for years and the moly has not helped increase it.

Any update / how are you going with these issues?

I just ask because I seem to be in a similar situation and react to similar things. In my case taking an AI and messing up estrogen, I believe is to blame. Taking molybdenum and zinc seems to help me a lot, but Ive gotten a lot of gray hairs recently and wonder about copper deficiency,

mouse

Any update / how are you going with these issues?

I just ask because I seem to be in a similar situation and react to similar things. In my case taking an AI and messing up estrogen, I believe is to blame. Taking molybdenum and zinc seems to help me a lot, but Ive gotten a lot of gray hairs recently and wonder about copper deficiency,

Its probably best if you get a blood test done for serum copper and ceruloplasmin. I made some progress with heavy metal chelation, and I have a lot less sinus problems to the point that I'm not sure if I need molybdenum anymore. I suspect I still have copper deficiency but I haven not been interested in begging for a blood test at this time. The stomach pain also improved without taking any estrogen or Vitamin D, and for whatever reason, niacinamide helps sometimes. This is a novel situation for me as I could not tolerate any niacinamide for many years. Mercury seems to mess with things at a deep level.

Goobz

Its probably best if you get a blood test done for serum copper and ceruloplasmin. I made some progress with heavy metal chelation, and I have a lot less sinus problems to the point that I'm not sure if I need molybdenum anymore. I suspect I still have copper deficiency but I haven not been interested in begging for a blood test at this time. The stomach pain also improved without taking any estrogen or Vitamin D, and for whatever reason, niacinamide helps sometimes. This is a novel situation for me as I could not tolerate any niacinamide for many years. Mercury seems to mess with things at a deep level.

Thanks a lot for the update and the suggestions!

Mauritio

I'm sitting in the same boat. Took high doses of zinc and b6 years ago ,because I was completely convinced I had pyroluria and if I only took enough, all my problems would go away .
Well , I developed a varicose vein on my left leg at the age of 21 .
Plus all the Facebook health people talked about copper excess amd getting rid of copper by taking high doses vitamin C . So I did that as well .I think I royally fcked up my copper levels .
I'm taking high doses vit c atm and noticing my varicose veins more . I'm gonna hop on some copper 2mg /day and see if it'll help .

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Ya i feel like i messed up my copper levels as well trying to fight seb derm. If i take any zinc today it makes my allergies way worse.

ironfist

Talk about chelation.

ironfist

Did anyone in this subject get serum tests? My copper is at the very bottom of regular and my zinc is pretty low, too. I took 15mg zinc picolinate and 2mg copper for two weeks, tested again, and my copper was even lower.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals