My histamine intolerance / hair loss is indeed a zinc / copper issue

OP
M

Motif

Didnt you say your zinc was showing low as well? You should be getting blood tests to make sure these are both improving.

my zinc and copper were always low and didn’t go up even with high zinc / copper foods or supplements.
after months they went very slightly up.

i hope this changes when taking higher doses.

I meant checking copper every few months (zinc of course too) to make sure I don’t get issues with absolutely not absorbing any copper anymore from high zinc doses.

OP
M

Motif

I’ll try to play around with the zinc / copper ratios a bit over the next weeks.

what role does protein play in zinc and copper absorption?

anybody knows ?

Kray

I’ll try to play around with the zinc / copper ratios a bit over the next weeks.

what role does protein play in zinc and copper absorption?

anybody knows ?
How goes your situation? Did you solve your problem?

Kray

I moved from sunny Southern CA to rainy PNW. It happened within months. I suffered what seemed to be a coupel different fungal illnesses including seb derm and a different fungal rash, which I am spacing on.
Wow, I read your post and thought I wrote it. Same situation with me. How is your skin situation currently? Any answers, helps?

brix

Wow, I read your post and thought I wrote it. Same situation with me. How is your skin situation currently? Any answers, helps?
I had a flare up recently and tried to go no shampoo. Didn’t work, do I picked up some head and shoulders 2in1 and my scalp is clear.

Nothing else seems to work unfortunately.

Kray

But at least something works! If you don't mind, can you describe your scalp-- is it like dry skin on your scalp, or is it loose and flaky/oily? Is it dandruff or seb derm, etc? My scalp is like dry skin that flakes but doesn't have crusts like cradle cap. Does it matter- will H&S work for whatever scalp condition?

brix

My scalp was irritated. I used to have seb derm but not sure if this last round was or not. Very small flakes and on the oily side.

Kray

My scalp was irritated. I used to have seb derm but not sure if this last round was or not. Very small flakes and on the oily side.
Hmmm, wish I could offer something other than H & S, but if it works who cares? After reading your post on that I went and bought their natural line shampoo- this one called "Detox and Hydrate". Surprised it has such simple and fairly clean ingredients. The "detox" of the name must be the zinc in it, but I will try it and see how I like it. Thanks, and hope you get to the bottom of your issue.

Another question- do you supplement Vit A or D?

brix

Hmmm, wish I could offer something other than H & S, but if it works who cares? After reading your post on that I went and bought their natural line shampoo- this one called "Detox and Hydrate". Surprised it has such simple and fairly clean ingredients. The "detox" of the name must be the zinc in it, but I will try it and see how I like it. Thanks, and hope you get to the bottom of your issue.

Another question- do you supplement Vit A or D?
I only am supplementing magnesium and vitamin k2.

My seb derm was way worse when I was in my 20s. Nothing worked. Nizoral, head and shoulders, any otc stuff. Not sure what cleared it up.

Kray

I only am supplementing magnesium and vitamin k2.

My seb derm was way worse when I was in my 20s. Nothing worked. Nizoral, head and shoulders, any otc stuff. Not sure what cleared it up.
I don't supplement A or D at this point either. Just in case either of those supplements is a contributing factor, I have eliminated them and try to get them from natural sources.

Glad yours isn't so bad now and that you found something that does work. What causes the problem in the first place is not so easy to figure out, for sure. Thanks for responding.