My histamine intolerance / hair loss is indeed a zinc / copper issue

Motif

Some might know that I struggle with low zinc and copper for many years (maybe all my live?) and diet high in those and supplements didn’t do much, but obviously reduced my eczema and hair loss (but it was still bad). Blood levels only went slightly up from this, which is crazy.

I now upped my zinc sulphate dosage from around 11 mg to first 20 mg and felt improvement.
Over the last days I take 30-34 mg zinc sulfate (2 or three time some mg over the day) and 2,5-3 mg liquid copper.

Since then my skin improved even more and my hats are not full of hair when I take them off.

I always wanted to avoid taking high doses like this, but it helps.
does it deplete other minerals when I keep taking it like this?

I still think my digestion might have something do with this. I assume low stomach acid and bile cause hcl betaine helps that food is not in my stomach for too long and 500 mg ox bile to each meal help with constipation/ soft stools.

unfortunately i don’t tolerate taurine and lemon water; even they help my digestion.

edit :
I have gilbert Syndrome too

@redsun
@Razvan
Your opinions on this ?

Last edited:

youngsinatra

I‘d continue with your protocol if it gives you subjective health improvement. Your situation seems very complicated and I don‘t know anything about Gilbert Syndrome.

Maybe it needs some time to assimilate these critical nutrients and from there on your situation gets better.

OP
M

Motif

I‘d continue with your protocol if it gives you subjective health improvement. Your situation seems very complicated and I don‘t know anything about Gilbert Syndrome.

Maybe it needs some time to assimilate these critical nutrients and from there on your situation gets better.

Would be great if more zinc and copper would fix my digestion and everything would be fine from there , but I don’t think it will. I can’t even keep my levels up with high zinc / copper foods or supplements. I hope with this very high dosages it might change something, but I think there’s a root cause that needs to be fixed .

OP
M

Motif

The crazy thing is that absolutely nobody has an idea what could cause this.

i slowly tend to believe pyrroluria is a real thing.i had a positive test years ago too.

if not this , then maybe Gilbert is causing it by wrecking my digestion. But even here nobody has an idea how to fix this.

brix

Some might know that I struggle with low zinc and copper for many years (maybe all my live?) and diet high in those and supplements didn’t do much, but obviously reduced my eczema and hair loss (but it was still bad). Blood levels only went slightly up from this, which is crazy.

I now upped my zinc sulphate dosage from around 11 mg to first 20 mg and felt improvement.
Over the last days I take 30-34 mg zinc sulfate (2 or three time some mg over the day) and 2,5-3 mg liquid copper.

Since then my skin improved even more and my hats are not full of hair when I take them off.

I still think my digestion might have something do with this. I assume low stomach acid and bile cause hcl betaine helps that food is not in my stomach for too long and 500 mg ox bile to each meal help with constipation/ soft stools.

unfortunately i don’t tolerate taurine and lemon water; even they help my digestion.

edit :

@redsun
@Razvan
Your opinions on this ?

I feel like all of my issues are similar to yours. Hair loss, skin issues, and most importantly, terrible digestion. It all started 10 years ago for me and is just now clicking that the digestion and skin issues started at the same time.

Mastemah

You dont absorb the absolute amount of zinc and copper. You’re getting less than you think.

OP
M

Motif

You dont absorb the absolute amount of zinc and copper. You’re getting less than you think.
But why? And only zinc and copper or more is the question . But in blood tests only those were always low. Always.

maybe I should even take more than now and see how it goes.

OP
M

Motif

I feel like all of my issues are similar to yours. Hair loss, skin issues, and most importantly, terrible digestion. It all started 10 years ago for me and is just now clicking that the digestion and skin issues started at the same time.
Any event or something that might have caused it?

brix

Any event or something that might have caused it?

I moved from sunny Southern CA to rainy PNW. It happened within months. I suffered what seemed to be a coupel different fungal illnesses including seb derm and a different fungal rash, which I am spacing on.

OP
M

Motif

I moved from sunny Southern CA to rainy PNW. It happened within months. I suffered what seemed to be a coupel different fungal illnesses including seb derm and a different fungal rash, which I am spacing on.
I see. I‘m still not sure if or how „mental issues“ could cause this.

IMG_20210625_214056.jpg

My nails suggest I don't get enough zinc. Not hard to imagine since I have zero access to seafood.

I started supplementing and I feel like this increased my androgens.

Of course my hair seems to be falling out faster now, lol.

Sila

Are you taking zinc/copper separate from meals?

I respond better or only notice the change when taking either on empty stomach first thing in the morning and then eating a hour later.

OP
M

Motif

Are you taking zinc/copper separate from meals?

I respond better or only notice the change when taking either on empty stomach first thing in the morning and then eating a hour later.

sometimes, but I started to a few days ago. But I don’t think that this alone will change much

redsun

edit :

@redsun
@Razvan
Your opinions on this ?

Could be malabsorption thus you need more zinc intake to improve skin and hair. You may just need to take much more to improve blood levels so if you dont take enough its not going to increase levels in the body much. Zinc absorption from typical supplements is a little less than 50% or so.

youngsinatra

Have you tried thyroid supplementation? I am not really pro-thyroid meds in many cases, but I've heard multiple times from Ray that minerals are poorly absorbed and retained in a hypothyroid person, especially things like copper, magnesium etc.

OP
M

Motif

If only 50% is absorbed means I could even go higher?
should I just go by skin symptoms ? Means go that high till they are gone?

@youngsinatra

i tried, but no t3.

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

Whith this amount of both my symptoms are so much better- should I even go higher and see if I even get more improvement?

redsun

@redsun

Whith this amount of both my symptoms are so much better- should I even go higher and see if I even get more improvement?

If you take too much zinc it will start significantly reducing copper absorption via increases MT expression in the gut. I think how much your taking now is decent.

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

edit :

@redsun
@Razvan
Your opinions on this ?
If you take too much zinc it will start significantly reducing copper absorption via increases MT expression in the gut. I think how much your taking now is decent.

thank you!

would I be on the safe side if I would check blood copper levels every few months to see if they are getting lower?

redsun

@redsun

thank you!

would I be on the safe side if I would check blood copper levels every few months to see if they are getting lower?

Didnt you say your zinc was showing low as well? You should be getting blood tests to make sure these are both improving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals