Copper insanity lately on social media

tommyg130

Anyone been following? What is the freaking deal. I tend to be on the side that nobody is really copper overloaded or toxic per say. We’ll the copper itself isn’t toxic.

Rather it’s a copper imbalance. Something is wrong w the system where it isn’t using it’s own copper and it’s causing systemtic issues. The liver gets backed up w copper.

But what many are saying is that you are deficient and toxic at the same time. How to figure this out is tricky.

A huge fb group goes by the belief copper detoxes itself. So adding in supplemental copper when “copper toxic” is the “cure”. But many others believe this is deadly advice. They say the goal would be to fix methylation and whatver is going wrong so your body starts to use its own copper effecitvely and the systematic issues subside.

It’s interesting because idk if you can go off blood. I had really High above range copper. And vitamin A without supplementing either. So it goes that if you have high blood copper it’s the body pulling the little copper it does have from the tissues to the blood to fight infection. So you’re really low tissue copper. I’m a bit biased and believe this because after I had high copper
Blood l added large amounts of copper food, and my blood copper RBC dropped. Added copper and copper levels went down lol. This signals my body got some copper it needed and stopped pulling copper from the tissues.

Thousands are reporting massive benefits from copper supps esepcially w parasties. I think copper is a strong anti viral too.

Also it goes oh if you have good ceurplasmin then you have adequate copper. Nobody really talks about about ceuroplasm can rise acutely from trauma,tissue damage, infection, heavy metals.

High copper and ceurplasmin make ppl think they are smooth sailing w copper levels, but it may be quite the opposite. They are actually
Extremely low copper AND have an infection. so the body is desperately trying to use copper to fix it. It could be a Major cry out that your body is begging for more copper.

youngsinatra

Copper is one of the trickiest minerals in my opinion.

Methylation, liver functioning, bile flow, hormones, dietary intake, redox status all play into it‘s status and bioavailability.

OP
T

tommyg130

Copper is one of the trickiest minerals in my opinion.

Methylation, liver functioning, bile flow, hormones, dietary intake, redox status all play into it‘s status and bioavailability.
Do you think directly supplementing copper is risky? Or can it be hugely beneficial. I suppose Ik the answer and it is it depends. But what does it depend on is the better question.

redsun

Do you think directly supplementing copper is risky? Or can it be hugely beneficial. I suppose Ik the answer and it is it depends. But what does it depend on is the better question.
You have high serum copper and normal ceruloplasmin. Last thing you need is actual copper. Normal CP means your copper metabolism is likely good but you have too much unbound copper as well as high retinol which is likely due to history of high liver consumption. Your symptoms you mentioned before, such as sensitivity to light and sound, restlessness is usually related to high norepinephrine. When NE is elevated, sounds will be louder than they actually are. Your senses will be so sensitive that they make you irritable.

You may actually do better with trying zinc and seeing if your serum copper lowers. Zinc is needed for MT expression to properly regulate metals in the body.

Elevated norepinephrine increases sensitivity to light and sounds (easily startled). Sounds will actually sound louder when NE is elevated. It will make you restless, and nervous and prone to anxiety. It will promote anhedonia as well.

OP
T

tommyg130

You have high serum copper and normal ceruloplasmin. Last thing you need is actual copper. Normal CP means your copper metabolism is likely good but you have too much unbound copper as well as high retinol which is likely due to history of high liver consumption. Your symptoms you mentioned before, such as sensitivity to light and sound, restlessness is usually related to high norepinephrine. When NE is elevated, sounds will be louder than they actually are. Your senses will be so sensitive that they make you irritable.

You may actually do better with trying zinc and seeing if your serum copper lowers. Zinc is needed for MT expression to properly regulate metals in the body.

Elevated norepinephrine increases sensitivity to light and sounds (easily startled). Sounds will actually sound louder when NE is elevated. It will make you restless, and nervous and prone to anxiety. It will promote anhedonia as well.
Appreciate your comment and noted.. , but funny enough I’m actually really really low norepinephrine. With double the range dopamine. Obviously I’m not reaping the benefits of high dopamine Because it’s out of balance.

The DBH enzyme which makes this conversion is copper Dependent. So I believe I’m really low copper, so my dopamine isn’t coverting properly. Caught in a chronic parasympathetic state. But not a relaxed one. Not enough excitatory action. Really really low below range norepinephrine, histamine, estrogen. Ik we don’t want these elevated but we sure don’t want them tanked like in my case. It seems to be the minority but I’m dealing w it. the CP rose because of infection. Not indicating good copper. IMO. I just don’t know if I should add copper or need to fix the system to use its copper properly!?

redsun

Appreciate your comment and noted.. , but funny enough I’m actually really really low norepinephrine. With double the range dopamine. Obviously I’m not reaping the benefits of high dopamine Because it’s out of balance.

The DBH enzyme which makes this conversion is copper Dependent. So I believe I’m really low copper, so my dopamine isn’t coverting properly. Caught in a chronic parasympathetic state. But not a relaxed one. Not enough excitatory action. Really really low below range norepinephrine, histamine, estrogen. Ik we don’t want these elevated but we sure don’t want them tanked like in my case. It seems to be the minority but I’m dealing w it. the CP rose because of infection. Not indicating good copper. IMO. I just don’t know if I should add copper or need to fix the system to use its copper properly!?
What test showed this Low NE and high DA?

redsun

A urinary and blood catecholamines test. I guess who knows the accuracy but it lines up to me. Also I tried taking l-tyrosine and felt horrific.
You have low heart rate and hypotension, hypotonia?

If so and copper is all you need., taking copper glycinate would fix you quickly.

OP
T

tommyg130

You have low heart rate and hypotension, hypotonia?

If so and copper is all you need., taking copper glycinate would fix you quickly.
Low heart rate yes. I fluctuate between low and high. High in Drs. Office. But dizzy when bending down. Not sure if that’s low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Ironically Glycine wrecks me a bit because it lowers heart rate too much. Too gabergenic. I suppose it’s because glycine uses copper and if I’m deficient that’s why. So using them tg could work. Extreme muscle wasting of late. Losing weight at 3500 cals a day. I guess that’s hypotonia?

From a single night poor sleep, or 1 bad food choice, minorily stressful situation I feel myself getting frail instantly. Whereas most people
Wouldn’t have such dramatic feelings from an acute thing. Muscle glycogen has dissipated. Need starch and potatoes constsntly to feel like
I’m not dying.

Lost about 25 in the past 4 months. Coming from a pretty muscle Bound athletic frame at 6’3 215 where you knew I lifted upon looking at me. I only mention this to explain how dramatic I’m falling off of late.

redsun

Low heart rate yes. I fluctuate between low and high. High in Drs. Office. But dizzy when bending down. Not sure if that’s low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Ironically Glycine wrecks me a bit because it lowers heart rate too much. Too gabergenic. I suppose it’s because glycine uses copper and if I’m deficient that’s why. So using them tg could work. Extreme muscle wasting of late. Losing weight at 3500 cals a day. I guess that’s hypotonia?

From a single night poor sleep, or 1 bad food choice, minorily stressful situation I feel myself getting frail instantly. Whereas most people
Wouldn’t have such dramatic feelings from an acute thing. Muscle glycogen has dissipated. Need starch and potatoes constsntly to feel like
I’m not dying.

Lost about 25 in the past 4 months. Coming from a pretty muscle Bound athletic frame at 6’3 215 where you knew I lifted upon looking at me. I only mention this to explain how dramatic I’m falling off of late.
Well it would be good idea to check your BP..

Only high amounts glycine would have an effect. The tiny amount in copper glycinate wont do anything. So nothing to worry about..

Hypotonia is the muscles are soft, flabby, flaccid, so they flop around somewhat when walking and moving and they tsnd to be very weak.

The stage you are in where every little thing wrecks you is the last stage before true degeneration sets in. The last alarms so to speak. I dont want to worry you but I am trying to illustrate that I highly doubt its just copper you need if you need it at all. Theres probably something else going on. But try it 2-4mg a day see what happens.

OP
T

tommyg130

Well it would be good idea to check your BP..

Only high amounts glycine would have an effect. The tiny amount in copper glycinate wont do anything. So nothing to worry about..

Hypotonia is the muscles are soft, flabby, flaccid, so they flop around somewhat when walking and moving and they tsnd to be very weak.

The stage you are in where every little thing wrecks you is the last stage before true degeneration sets in. The last alarms so to speak. I dont want to worry you but I am trying to illustrate that I highly doubt its just copper you need if you need it at all. Theres probably something else going on. But try it 2-4mg a day see what happens.
The Bp is what I mean fluctuates. And yeah my muscles are definitely soft. Yeah I’m in extreme
Burnout following a botched steroid cycle, mercury toxicity. Had 16 removed. Awaiting HTMA, and going to combined blood work and genetics w that to try and paint a picture

redsun

The Bp is what I mean fluctuates. And yeah my muscles are definitely soft. Yeah I’m in extreme
Burnout following a botched steroid cycle, mercury toxicity. Had 16 removed. Awaiting HTMA, and going to combined blood work and genetics w that to try and paint a picture
Also about the light sensitivity, this is can also be due to low acetylcholine. This is why you noticed in an older post that vitamin E helped your light sensitivity dramatically. An old cell study showed of all the vitamins, vitamin E had a strong, dose-dependent enhancing effect on acetylcholine synthesis. I also noticed my light sensitivity basically vanishes from vitamin E and if I get a lot ot iodine in my diet. I also found one other random post on a forum online somewhere of someone who experienced the same thing from iodine.

Do you still take vitamin E?

Last edited:
OP
T

tommyg130

Also about the light sensitivity, this is can also be due to low acetylcholine. This is why you noticed in an older post that vitamin E helped your light sensitivity dramatically. An old cell study showed of all the vitamins, vitamin E had a strong, dose-dependent enhancing effect on acetylcholine synthesis. I also noticed my light sensitivity basically vanishes from vitamin E and if I get a lot ot iodine in my diet. I also found one other random post on a forum online somewhere of someone who experienced the same thing from iodine.

Do you still take vitamin E?
I stopped because I have tanked estrogen and low fibrogen activity. It thins my
Blood and lowers estrogen too much. It helped me a lot at a time yes. I’ve been all over the freaking place for months. Things help short term and I think I’m healed but it never works long term.

redsun

I stopped because I have tanked estrogen and low fibrogen activity. It thins my
Blood and lowers estrogen too much. It helped me a lot at a time yes. I’ve been all over the freaking place for months. Things help short term and I think I’m healed but it never works long term.
How much were you taking a day?

HeyThere

Throughout the whole pandemic, people were told to take large amounts of zinc.

Let's guess what % of the population is aware that if you take zinc, you have to take some copper for the balance :pompous:

Imma guess little to none. Maybe the word is getting out? And maybe people are experiencing health benefits and now reporting them? Just a wild guess on this one as I'm not really sure other than social media can make anything trend very quickly.

youngsinatra

Throughout the whole pandemic, people were told to take large amounts of zinc.

Let's guess what % of the population is aware that if you take zinc, you have to take some copper for the balance :pompous:

Imma guess little to none. Maybe the word is getting out? And maybe people are experiencing health benefits and now reporting them? Just a wild guess on this one as I'm not really sure other than social media can make anything trend very quickly.
There are actually some PubMed case reports of people that took zinc for COVID-19 prevention that ended up with (severe) copper deficiency.
We need to acknowledge that even at zinc intakes of >18mg we see a substantial decrease in copper absorption. More definite inhibition of copper absorption in the GI tract is seen at intakes of 40mg. (diet and/or supplements)

Many zinc supplements are 50mg per capsule, which is already excessive. Carnivore dieters also have a very high intake of zinc that (might) lead to copper deficiency or depletion.

Mossy

Glycine wrecks me a bit because it lowers heart rate too much. Too gabergenic. I suppose it’s because glycine uses copper and if I’m deficient that’s why. So using them tg could work.
Interesting. Glycine gives me fatigue and irritability—I now wonder if this is why. Maybe I'll try it with copper next time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals