Selenium/sulfur side effects

Kray

I started my MSM crystals today Kray! I started with a half teaspoon dissolved in water a half hour before ingesting anything in this morning, as recommended. The crystals ware far less bitter than the powdered MSM. It tasted lighter, hence cleaner too. I will up my dose to the recommended 1 teaspoon tomorrow morning, as suggested.
Hi Rinse- good to hear. You know, I've been reading a bit since I bought mine. You seem well informed, so I'm going to ask you- is it not a good idea to be taking sulfur long-term since it is a methyl donor? I'm really confused about this. I know Peat isn't a big fan of methylation. Realizing all the benefits reported of sulfur, is there a down side? Same thing with TMG, another methyl donor. It has some great benefits, but how do you know how much is too much, or too much of a "good thing"?

Hi Rinse- good to hear. You know, I've been reading a bit since I bought mine. You seem well informed, so I'm going to ask you- is it not a good idea to be taking sulfur long-term since it is a methyl donor? I'm really confused about this. I know Peat isn't a big fan of methylation. Realizing all the benefits reported of sulfur, is there a down side? Same thing with TMG, another methyl donor. It has some great benefits, but how do you know how much is too much, or too much of a "good thing"?

Reading this book 25 years ago had me convinced. Our bodies make an abundance MSM in our youth, and less as time goes on, hence the aches and pains as time goes on, with slow recovery rates. Foods like eggs, onions and broccoli have an abundance of it too. It is like vitamin C, your body uses what it needs and expels the rest. I know RP questions it’s purity, but I don’t know much else of what he thinks about it, I just know it work wonders for my skin, and has greatly improved many people’s pains, who I have recommended it to.

Attachments

• 57204ADC-3EC2-4B5E-A0E4-808EFA530A05.png
    57204ADC-3EC2-4B5E-A0E4-808EFA530A05.png
    280.3 KB · Views: 11

Kray

Reading this book 25 years ago had me convinced. Our bodies make an abundance MSM in our youth, and less as time goes on, hence the aches and pains as time goes on, with slow recovery rates. Foods like eggs, onions and broccoli have an abundance of it too. It is like vitamin C, your body uses what it needs and expels the rest. I know RP questions it’s purity, but I don’t know much else of what he thinks about it, I just know it work wonders for my skin, and has greatly improved many people’s pains, who I have recommended it to.
I have that book, too. Good to know it doesn't store excess but is excreted. I'm with you on its benefits, just wish there was more info on the methyl aspect. How long do you plan to take, indefinitely, or as you see improvement with pains, joints, etc?

I have that book, too. Good to know it doesn't store excess but is excreted. I'm with you on its benefits, just wish there was more info on the methyl aspect. How long do you plan to take, indefinitely, or as you see improvement with pains, joints, etc?

I took it for like 10 straight years until my brand got discontinued. Other brands seemed to GIVE me aches and pains, probably from questionable purity, so I am hopeful your crystals enable me to take it regularly. It is interesting that your crystals say to take it on an empty stomach. I had not heard that before.

Kray

I took it for like 10 straight years until my brand got discontinued. Other brands seemed to GIVE me aches and pains, probably from questionable purity, so I am hopeful your crystals enable me to take it regularly. It is interesting that your crystals say to take it on an empty stomach. I had not heard that before.
I think the reason for taking on an empty stomach is because it binds to anything else taken with it. So I take it first thing and wait 20-30 minutes before eat or drink. I hope this brand works great for you!

I think the reason for taking on an empty stomach is because it binds to anything else taken with it. So I take it first thing and wait 20-30 minutes before eat or drink. I hope this brand works great for you!
Yeah that is what the instructions said too. The taste was so mild.? I was impressed!

Attachments

• 60EBFD7D-3E27-409B-842E-EF80F79771A3.jpeg
    60EBFD7D-3E27-409B-842E-EF80F79771A3.jpeg
    679.1 KB · Views: 21

Kray

Yeah that is what the instructions said too. The taste was so mild.? I was impressed!
Glad to hear! I'm reading up on sulfur now- it is contained in methionine and cysteine, and also present in B1 and biotin.

OP
D

Dr. B

A supplement of any nutrient is causing an imbalance somewhere down the line. Even vitamin d3 can cause imbalance with vitamin A. Lower doses of any supplement have less side effects simply because less imbalance is being created

A supplement of any nutrient is causing an imbalance somewhere down the line. Even vitamin d3 can cause imbalance with vitamin A. Lower doses of any supplement have less side effects simply because less imbalance is being created
Well said and so true!

Kray

??

I started my MSM crystals today Kray! I started with a half teaspoon dissolved in water a half hour before ingesting anything in this morning, as recommended. The crystals ware far less bitter than the powdered MSM. It tasted lighter, hence cleaner too. I will up my dose to the recommended 1 teaspoon tomorrow morning, as suggested.
Hi Kray! I am reporting back on your MSM crystals. I ordered a second bag! I am not having the numb limbs in the night like I was getting from other msm brands, so it is purer than anything thing else I have used. I don’t have anything of substance to report as far as physically goes because I don’t have pain issues or lots of wrinkles, but I have been putting Progest-E and taking your MSM and this 2nd degree burn I got in June from a hot motorcycle pipe should not be looking this good already.

Attachments

• DAE7B28B-34B3-432D-A0FD-6D2853264A3B.jpeg
    DAE7B28B-34B3-432D-A0FD-6D2853264A3B.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1AC96B17-1B0C-4CD5-AFBC-47192A42DEAF.jpeg
    1AC96B17-1B0C-4CD5-AFBC-47192A42DEAF.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 13
  • AB39A559-198C-4A67-B23C-A37E22DA818C.jpeg
    AB39A559-198C-4A67-B23C-A37E22DA818C.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3EC8380A-570E-4318-8840-8E1754DDBCDA.jpeg
    3EC8380A-570E-4318-8840-8E1754DDBCDA.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
D

Dr. B

Hi Kray! I am reporting back on your MSM crystals. I ordered a second bag! I am not having the numb limbs in the night like I was getting from other msm brands, so it is purer than anything thing else I have used. I don’t have anything of substance to report as far as physically goes because I don’t have pain issues or lots of wrinkles, but I have been putting Progest-E and taking your MSM and this 2nd degree burn I got in June from a hot motorcycle pipe should not be looking this good already.
what in the MSM is helping do you think its the methyl? the sulfur component? if sulfur then its found in many foods and different amino acids right. cysteine, taurine, maybe methionine and more contain sulfur. does Ray like MSM supplements?

what in the MSM is helping do you think its the methyl? the sulfur component? if sulfur then its found in many foods and different amino acids right. cysteine, taurine, maybe methionine and more contain sulfur. does Ray like MSM supplements?
It is the sulfur in MSM that is making the difference. Our bodies produce MSM in abundance in youth and less as the years go by. I heard RP say he didn’t know too much about it, but would be concerned about the purity. He did say, in an interview, that he heard that a woman who was taking high amounts of it exploded. I looked and looked for that, as he said it was in San Diego, but I never found any news about it. I took it daily for 10 straight years and it was amazing for my skin. That is why I am taking it again now.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dr. B

It is the sulfur in MSM that is making the difference. Our bodies produce MSM in abundance in youth and less as the years go by. I heard RP say he didn’t know too much about it, but would be concerned about the purity. He did say, in an interview, that he heard that a woman who was taking high amounts of it exploded. I looked and looked for that, as he said it was in San Diego, but I never found any news about it. I took it daily for 10 straight years and it was amazing for my skin. That is why I am taking it again now.
exploded? what do you mean exploded? like exploded and died?

exploded? what do you mean exploded? like exploded and died?
Yeah. He said never heard of anything like that before or after, and who knows if that is what really did it. People self combust and it usually a combination of something. MSM has been around for many decades with only good things to say.

OP
D

Dr. B

Yeah. He said never heard of anything like that before or after, and who knows if that is what really did it. People self combust and it usually a combination of something. MSM has been around for many decades with only good things to say.
how bad of an explosion? severe internal organ damage, but nothing on the outside?

how bad of an explosion? severe internal organ damage, but nothing on the outside?
He briefly just said that no details. He has no opinion or knowledge on it otherwise. This may be more to as to why, tgenbadd an overload of sulfur to the mix and maybe that is what happened? I have looked and looked for the MSM story to no avail. I found a would exploded during laser surgery from her farting but nothing on MSM….

“Farts can explode. As ridiculous as it seems when someone sets their fart on fire in those wildly popular bro-y comedy flicks, your farts really ARE flammable. Two chemicals in farts, methane and hydrogen, are flammable, which is what makes it possible to make a small explosion if you hold a lighter up to your butt when you fart. Not saying you should though. In fact, definitely don't unless you want to risk burning yourself or starting a fire. It's really not that funny.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals