Root Cause Protocol & A Ray Peat Perspective

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Some say that optimal methylation function is essential to raise copper and ceruloplasmin.

I know someone who tripled his ceruloplasmin (15mg/dl -> 45mg/dl) by taking 10mg of B2 per day for 2 months.

I tried the same, but it did not raise mine, but at that time I did not take thyroid and symptom-wise and with my given basal body temperature and HR back then I was hypothyroid at that time.

B2 needs to get activated to become FAD/FMN, but this process is dependent on thyroid hormone.
Hypothyroid people have FAD levels similar to people with clinical riboflavin deficiency.
(Riboflavin metabolism in the hypothyroid human adult - PubMed)

FAD is a critical cofactor for the MTHFR enzyme function, which impacts the whole methylation cycle.
2CFDFE2E-33A6-46D7-9290-A9342C5815E0.jpeg

Dr. Gregory Russel-Jones (specialized his whole work on functional B2 deficiency) said:
8DF3BB1A-5209-418F-B6BB-D2DD57418A25.jpeg

achillea

We've been reading Morley Robbin's book-Cure Your Fatigue and doing RCP since 1/23 There is a lot of intertwine between Ray Peat's Perspective and I appreciate your synopsis. This warrants some more study because there is a body of work here to explore. We've been doing most of the RCP protocol but not all. RCP has a "stop" on sugar (we opted not to because of the brain, mainly) and hormones. We went 1/2 way and stopped hormones. Also, an "add" Rosita Cod Liver Oil (CLO) that is PuFa but this is when we load Vit E and Morley has satisfied me as to why we need to use CLO. The FIQ Recuperate is the RCP copper supplement with an ingredient, spirulina. We use copper sulphate as I remember Ray Peat not liking chlorella and spirulina may be the same, not sure. We opted not to do blood donations as it seems dubious at this time to go to "medical intervention outlets". Besides, Ray Peat didn't like needles, we concur, but he would have donated if he felt it was the best way to go about addressing iron. And plasma is very valuable to the body for health and to try to build it back up takes time. (Red Cross is really after that part, why, why, why).
We did not stop sugar as we consider the brain to be king of the totem pole. We did not stop dairy but we switched to raw with no addition of A or D. Liver is almost daily. The copper is sulphate-10mg. at 3 divided doses in milk, after meals-also, it's an anti-parasitic. Parasites sequester iron, so why not.
After 6 mo. I'm feeling a little fibromyalgia-ish but we moved. I know we had iron-rich water, probably glyphosate rich. Upping the house filter changes and distilling the water for coffee and juice but adding sea minerals (RPC "add"). I started back with the progesterone, methylene blue and added DMSO. Red light far-infrared saunas to sweat out the iron and noticed it helped almost overnight. Epsom salt foot soaks is an RCP suggestion. Amandha Vollmer observed almost everyone is showing up sulfur deficient. Ambient glyphosate could be taking its toll on our copper in particular. Morley quoted Dr S. Seneff, she said it brings copper down to 0, in the soil, how about the body? This is a major find.
Thank you reminding me that the thyroid supplement is a player in the magnesium burn/utilization problem connected to low thyroid people, especially because of our overtaxed liver burden brought on by our toxic environment.
A few things to add that might help understand RCP. Morley emphasizes the importance of retinol (food based) found in the Rosita CLO and whole food sources of Vit C to optimize copper/ceruloplasmin/enzyme statis. Iron and overload problems is bigger than I had expected, Ray Peat had said, there is more here to learn.
I want to keep the dialogue going to learn more about what we can do, where the crossovers are and how they can be used and understood. It is easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 6 mo. can make a difference if you go the wrong or right way.
Again, good work and thank you for seeing this.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

For anyone interested. I received my blood work. My iron labs normalized (luckily) after one month of thyroid and ceruloplasmin increased marginally so far. I think/hope it continues to improve. But a normalization of iron markers seem like a definite improvement, as I haven’t changed my dietary habits (I‘m basically on a very low iron diet for over a year+) so it seems like something is changing in the body’s utilization and mobilization of these metals, likely from stores in my liver.

moa

@youngsinatra so, how to activate the fad, or rnb without using t3 or b2,

using over the counter safe food or supplements ?

i know thyroid is food, but today it's forbidden to sell in France for humans (only as dog food is allowed).

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra so, how to activate the fad, or rnb without using t3 or b2,

using over the counter safe food or supplements ?

i know thyroid is food, but today it's forbidden to sell in France for humans (only as dog food is allowed).
Good question. Whatever increases thyroid function and the metabolic rate, so everything that is talked about on this forum. The conversion of B2 to FAD/FMN is dependent on T3/T4. (endogenous or exogenous)

Coconut oil, safe starches and ripe fruits as sources for carbohydrates, a variety of different animal protein sources, coffee, salt, deep nasal breathing, sunlight, walking.

The RnB protocol talks primarily about using iodine and selenium to optimize thyroid, but I did not find that helpful — both made me even more hypothyroid.