Body-wide endothelial inflammation/damage

OP
A

artist

@allan442 that’s interesting that you find it so as well! I think manganese is overlooked, and the hormonal influence of minerals in general seems very underrated to me now. I actually brought manganese back to my routine a few days ago at RDA levels only and I’m doing well now. I find my brain is much calmer yet with more full color emotions. I think I was so deficient that I just got extreme start up effects. I had almost no manganese in my diet for years as a result of avoiding both starches and nut/seeds. I get a very noticeable effect still from just 2mg.

Another amazing thing is that I noticed I actually can finally tolerate vitamin c. When I wrote the post above I hadn’t yet tried it again since adding manganese. Apparently manganese is needed for its utilization, so perhaps that is why. I had not been able to tolerate even small amounts of vitamin C since this whole thing started. Just taking 2mg of manganese and 200mg of vitamin C is having a great effect on me so far. Of course it’s early to count my chickens, but I figured I would give this update in light of the thread bump.

allan442

@allan442 that’s interesting that you find it so as well! I think manganese is overlooked, and the hormonal influence of minerals in general seems very underrated to me now. I actually brought manganese back to my routine a few days ago at RDA levels only and I’m doing well now. I find my brain is much calmer yet with more full color emotions. I think I was so deficient that I just got extreme start up effects. I had almost no manganese in my diet for years as a result of avoiding both starches and nut/seeds. I get a very noticeable effect still from just 2mg.

Another amazing thing is that I noticed I actually can finally tolerate vitamin c. When I wrote the post above I hadn’t yet tried it again since adding manganese. Apparently manganese is needed for its utilization, so perhaps that is why. I had not been able to tolerate even small amounts of vitamin C since this whole thing started. Just taking 2mg of manganese and 200mg of vitamin C is having a great effect on me so far. Of course it’s early to count my chickens, but I figured I would give this update in light of the thread bump.
Yeah I didn’t take it today and still feel good. I wish I know how to find the studies I’m looking for.. I want to understand this more. I have the motivation to sit and read but not sure where to start.

OP
A

artist

@allan442 Amazoniac’s thread on here “manganese and its unimportance in health” is full of references and information about manganese if you haven’t checked it out before

OP
A

artist

Manganese (2-3mg/day) is still working powerfully for me. I feel very weirdly placid and emotionally stable, far different from how I usually am (very anxious and extremely emotional). I’m not sure if that contradicts the sense that it’s estrogenic. I believe it converts glutamate to glutamine which I suspect is key. My eyesight seems better. My ability to recall facts, make jokes on the fly and feel creative inspiration are noticeably better now, but paradoxically I am generally a bit sleepy all the time and I have also had bouts of strangely tight muscles. I’m wondering what it’s affecting the most. It feels shocking to me that such a low dose is having such a strong effect. I’m thinking the fatigue and cramps might be at least partly related to calcium utilization via bone mineralization. There has been some research pointing to manganese deficiency as a major cause of osteoporosis, and if my teeth are any indication I have major mineralization issues (they look so translucent they’re practically like frosted glass, although I could swear they’ve gotten more opaque recently.) I’ve decided to up my calcium to a consistent 1g/day again. I’m still juggling low dose b2/vitamin c/copper/boron/magnesium and intermittent b complex. (As well as serrapeptase for blood thinning still.) My calcium supp also has a tiny bit of vitamin D. I tried to take a little zinc but that still made me feel horrible, and I eat quite a bit of meat so I doubt I need it. Small amounts of k2 and b1 now feel quite tolerable, contrary to before.

I feel like I’m in uncharted territory because I can’t find much about people with a deep manganese deficiency. The mental effects I experience alone are so strong as to be druglike, and from such a tiny dose I think my hunch about a severe deficiency can’t be far off the mark. It could also completely explain my vein issues because manganese is needed not only for collagen but also for the GAGs that line blood vessels, which would explain the outsized impact on those structures compared to other tissue. My skin looks less transparent, and my veins look undeniably better since I started manganese. For the first time I actually saw the ones in my hands and arms become invisible l, which I don’t expect under all conditions, but they hadn’t been so even in an ice cold room in over 6 months. I am reticent to hope for much there but it’s worth noting.

Last edited:

LLight

@artist Have you seen my posts about manganese and choline uptake through the blood brain barrier and about the link with boron ?

LLight

I stopped currently for some reasons (too much supplements at the same time) but manganese is one of the most impactful supplement I had ever took. It can be a bit stressful though if I take too much. Maybe 2/3mg like you take would be optimal.

Last edited:
OP
A

artist

@LLight I did not, could you direct me if you have a moment? Otherwise I’ll try the search. That’s great that you’ve found it so impactful as well. It’s such an interesting nutrient to research. I’m wondering if I should up my choline. I eat 3 eggs pretty much every day.

LLight

Of course, it was these posts:
Manganese And Its Unimportance In Health (there is also a post above this one about Manganese and CFS and below about fatty liver).

OP
A

artist

Thank you @LLight! That's good info. I've been trying to see if there's a connection between my blue veins and the ones people get from CFS/ME as well as covid and the vaxx (most of the people I encounter with a similar style of vascular problems fit into those categories). I wonder if manganese depletion could play a role for those people as well as your post points out. Perhaps infections or inflammation could cause Mn deficiency in the vulnerable/borderline deficient. Of course this is assuming manganese is the cause in my case, and I don't think I'll feel confident saying so for quite a while.

A

Adf

In for my usual plug of K-water as a magnificent, possibly the best (imo) overall daily supplement, ever.
10g Taurine, 6g Potassium bicarb, in 1L water drank each day.

Inaut

In for my usual plug of K-water as a magnificent, possibly the best (imo) overall daily supplement, ever.
10g Taurine, 6g Potassium bicarb, in 1L water drank each day.
I'm going to try it. Thanks!

Dave Clark

I didn't realize the connection between dopamine and inflammation, and wondering if the prevalence of inflammation today is reduced dopamine, especially in older people'

A

Adf

Must taste rank!
It's supposed to be tasteless at that ratio according to the write-up, but I find it isn't. It's salty water, not rank, but not appetizing either unless you're dehydrated. I add some flavored EAA's to mine to enhance the taste. There's probably other healthier options to add good flavour to it though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals