Body-wide endothelial inflammation/damage

artist

I’ve posted previously about my issues with possible molybdenum-induced copper deficiency and it’s impact on my blood vessels, but things aren’t really getting better for me and my insurance isn’t letting me see a doctor until august so I’m pretty desperate for advice. I’ve pored over tons of studies about copper, hormones, endothelial tissue, viral infections etc which are all likely relevant to my situation but I would like to have an outside perspective.

Summary of events: in 2019 (I was a 30 y.o woman) I was eating a basically zero pufa diet with tons of carbs and coconut oil while also taking molybdenum which was giving me a huge boost in energy and mood seemingly from the improved liver detox. This was a month long experiment that ended when I suddenly began to experience numerous blue veins, many of which were bulging, mainly in my feet and hands and a few in my temples. I also had severe fatigue and seemingly low hormones-my skin got very dry, I felt tired and sexless. I eventually assumed this was copper related and just kind of took a ton of chelated copper for like a year and things stopped getting worse even though I didn’t have improvement in the veins. I got into a happy relationship and just generally felt more optimistic and continued testing different diets to correct my mast cell problems and histamine intolerance which is really the genesis of all of this health experimentation.

Fast toward to last winter I was going through extreme stress and depression. Since the copper hadn’t helped the veins repair, and I hadn’t been able to find one other person for whom molybdenum had this effect despite scouring the internet, and I had periodically taken a little molybdenum here and there without incident, I decided to take it for a couple days to get me through this because it seriously SILENCES depression for me. Well, that was a fatal error that has basically been the nail in the coffin for my body. Since then my veins have gotten worse, and worse, and worse, and seemingly no matter what I do and what I take it makes them just get worse even faster. I’ve tried every vitamin and mineral under the sun one at a time and they always trigger worse symptoms except copper and boron. Vitamin C causes massive escalation of the problem. My feet and hands look TERRIBLE from the veins, but it’s weird because my skin (face and body) looks young and has no wrinkles, sag, hyperpigmentation, I always shock people with my age (now 33). This makes me wonder if it’s something about endothelial tissue specifically and not collagen in general. I have both bulging veins and spider veins, and the situation is all over my body. The veins aren’t even properly varicose becuase they aren’t twisted or concentrated in high pressure areas.

I also had the pfizer vaxx last summer and it triggered a severe Epstein Barr reactivation (I just kept being sick from the vaccine until I went in and got diagnosed with mono) that I think may have primed my body for a worse reaction to the copper chelation 6 months later. I also know that some people with post-vaxx issues experience endothelial problems and bulging veins, and it’s also a Covid thing (to my knowledge I never got Covid)

TLDR
What would you do to soothe endothelial tissue? I react very badly to anything that chelates copper or blocks estrogen directly. I can’t tolerate progesterone, vitamin A, vitamin C, B1, or big dosages of anything really. Vitamin E seems to cause problems related to low estrogen. Whenever I take something like vitamin E I become emotionless and classically low estrogen and then new veins appear. Copper, boron and B2 seem helpful. I haven’t really tried niacinamide yet, it doesn’t seem like that is too aggressively anti aromatase or anything like that? I’m thinking that in addition to copper there is something like tissue hypoxia I need to overcome. Undereating and adrenaline make the problem way worse. (Although adrenaline tricks me into thinking it’s getting better by shrinking them temporarily before another big collapse) Histamine also makes it worse and I do have MCAS. I just don’t know how to approach this anymore and I’m getting very scared and overwhelmed by this bizarre problem. Thank you

Last edited:

joaquin

Doesn't eating fruit help the endothelium?

redsun

I’ve posted previously about my issues with possible molybdenum-induced copper deficiency and it’s impact on my blood vessels, but things aren’t really getting better for me and my insurance isn’t letting me see a doctor until august so I’m pretty desperate for advice. I’ve pored over tons of studies about copper, hormones, endothelial tissue, viral infections etc which are all likely relevant to my situation but I would like to have an outside perspective.

Summary of events: in 2019 (I was a 30 y.o woman) I was eating a basically zero pufa diet with tons of carbs and coconut oil while also taking molybdenum which was giving me a huge boost in energy and mood seemingly from the improved liver detox. This was a month long experiment that ended when I suddenly began to experience visible veins, many of which were bulging, mainly in my feet and hands. I also had severe fatigue and seemingly low hormones-my skin got very dry, I felt tired and sexless. I eventually assumed this was copper related and just kind of took a ton of chelated copper for like a year and things stopped getting worse even though I didn’t have improvement in the veins. I got into a happy relationship and just generally felt more optimistic and continued testing different diets to correct my mast cell problems and histamine intolerance which is really the genesis of all of this health experimentation.

Fast toward to last winter I was going through extreme stress and depression. Since the copper hadn’t helped the veins repair, and I hadn’t been able to find one other person for whom molybdenum had this effect despite scouring the internet, and I had periodically taken a little molybdenum here and there without incident, I decided to take it for a couple days to get me through this because it seriously SILENCES depression for me. Well, that was a fatal error that has basically been the nail in the coffin for my body. Since then my veins have gotten worse, and worse, and worse, and seemingly no matter what I do and what I take it makes them just get worse even faster. I’ve tried every vitamin and mineral under the sun one at a time and they always trigger worse symptoms except copper and boron. Vitamin C causes massive escalation of the problem. My feet and hands look TERRIBLE from the veins, but it’s weird because my skin (face and body) looks young and has no wrinkles, sag, hyperpigmentation, I always shock people with my age (now 33). This makes me wonder if it’s something about endothelial tissue specifically and not collagen in general. I have both bulging veins and spider veins, and the situation is all over my body. The veins aren’t even properly varicose becuase they aren’t twisted or concentrated in high pressure areas.

I also had the pfizer vaxx last summer and it triggered a severe Epstein Barr reactivation that I think may have primed my body for a worse reaction to the copper chelation 6 months later. I also know that some people with post-vaxx issues experience endothelial problems and bulging veins, and it’s also a Covid thing (to my knowledge I never got Covid)

TLDR
What would you do to soothe endothelial tissue? I react very badly to anything that chelates copper or blocks estrogen directly. I can’t tolerate progesterone, vitamin A, vitamin C, B1, or big dosages of anything really. Vitamin E seems to cause problems related to low estrogen. Whenever I take something like vitamin E I become emotionless and classically low estrogen and then new veins appear. Copper, boron and B2 seem helpful. I haven’t really tried niacinamide yet, it doesn’t seem like that is too aggressively anti aromatase or anything like that? I’m thinking that in addition to copper there is something like tissue hypoxia I need to overcome. Undereating and adrenaline make the problem way worse. (Although adrenaline tricks me into thinking it’s getting better by shrinking them temporarily before another big collapse) Histamine also makes it worse and I do have MCAS. I just don’t know how to approach this anymore and I’m getting very scared and overwhelmed by this bizarre problem. Thank you
I do recall your thread about this awhile ago. Though I don't think the enlarged veins you experience are indicative of bad health as you say your skin apparently looks flawless. This likely means endothelial function is good. The issue is, molybdenum does chelate copper and even though you were able to insert copper back into your system, likely you caused a DAO deficiency, causing you to absorb a lot of the histamine present in your food which normally you would not.

So what could have happened is probably a build of histamine causing a constant vasodilatory effect which is common in histadelics. As I said awhile ago I have the same thing and many do. Now I understand you are a woman and in your opinion you really do not like it but you should know that many famous female actors/models etc do have these prominent veins. I dont think they would be considered unattractive by most people. And from what I understand they do not cause pain?

Do you have other high histamine symptoms, like high libido, OCD, heat intolerance, prone to sweating, etc?

Have you ever tested to see if an antihistamine temporarily led to the veins to constrict? If they did, then this likely suggests that histamine is play a major role in keeping the veins enlarged.

Though endothelial function is good, likely what is going on is an extreme mismatch between vasodilatory signalling hormones and vasoconstrictive hormones which changes the normal state of your veins to become very vasodilated all the time. Vasodilatory and vasoconstrictive hormones are in a constant tug of war in our bodies, and they can tilt either way depending on the person. The noradrenaline increase (which vasoconstricts) from lack of eating is only temporary so it will always go away. Molybdenum seems to enhance nitric oxide synthesis, which is a strong vasodilator. But it could have caused many changes in these signalling hormones that do not have much research behind them.

This wiki pages have a pretty good list on the vasodilatory and vasoconstrictive hormones in the body you can look at and look into. This is what I think it comes down to. Again, I don't think its a health problem but anyways heres the links.

OP
A

artist

I appreciate your reply @redsun and I think you may be onto something by focusing on histamine, it would explain why things are so centered on the veins because of vasodilation. Histamine has always been my nemesis and I do find that the one antihistamine I can tolerate (Zyrtec) stabilizes the situation a bit (the veins look less angry even though they’re still damaged) but I actually had to stop taking it for a period when my adrenaline became even a bigger problem. Apparently histamine opposes adrenaline and the serious heart palpitations I was having in the winter stopped when I quit Zyrtec for a while. I think I’m going to add it back in just to get some stability and try to do other things to ameliorate adrenaline. I have to clarify though that it’s not a matter only on bulging veins but rather they are also very blue, painful (including the ones in my hands and arms) and accompanied with spider veins.

I will meditate on your post some more because that’s a good point about the mismatch between vasodilating and vasoconstricting forces in the body.

Z

Zsazsa

My :2cents: :

Beyond the copper chelation, excess moly intake would increase the need for sulfur, selenium and B6.

OP
A

artist

I don’t want to make this thread unwieldy but it’s probably also worth noting that I recently figured out that I may not have been absorbing any of the copper I was taking until I tried an inorganic form of copper (copper sulfate) last week. I get major stimulant effects from this copper even at low doses akin to what I’d heard from other people about their copper experiences. With chelated copper, even at 10mg I have always felt…nothing. However, I did still get a worsening of veins this week which seemed to be caused by nothing in particular but my adrenaline did get really really high and my appetite really really low by the time I had new veins appear. I’m wondering if I just stick with the new copper and eat more (one of the best takeaways from RPF in general) that maybe it will get better. I also have no idea why I would not absorb chelated copper but would absorb inorganic and it makes me paranoid that I’m bypassing some safeguard by my body.
My :2cents: :

Beyond the copper chelation, excess moly intake would increase the need for sulfur, selenium and B6.
Sulfur is an interesting thought. I think I’m selenium and B6 replete (I eat big quantities of these and have a history of supplementing them, I still take selenium occasionally) but I got paranoid when I heard once that sulfur can “chelate” copper (my rationality goes out the window as soon as one random person makes this claim because I’m so paranoid about making things worse) however, I could have sworn that even briefly experimenting with MSM gave me strong nails for the first time in my life and a bit of a hormone boost, and it definitely didn’t hurt my veins at the time. I may need to try again.

Z

Zsazsa

I don’t want to make this thread unwieldy but it’s probably also worth noting that I recently figured out that I may not have been absorbing any of the copper I was taking until I tried an inorganic form of copper (copper sulfate) last week. I get major stimulant effects from this copper even at low doses akin to what I’d heard from other people about their copper experiences. With chelated copper, even at 10mg I have always felt…nothing. However, I did still get a worsening of veins this week which seemed to be caused by nothing in particular but my adrenaline did get really really high and my appetite really really low by the time I had new veins appear. I’m wondering if I just stick with the new copper and eat more (one of the best takeaways from RPF in general) that maybe it will get better. I also have no idea why I would not absorb chelated copper but would absorb inorganic and it makes me paranoid that I’m bypassing some safeguard by my body.

Sulfur is an interesting thought. I think I’m selenium and B6 replete (I eat big quantities of these and have a history of supplementing them, I still take selenium occasionally) but I got paranoid when I heard once that sulfur can “chelate” copper (my rationality goes out the window as soon as one random person makes this claim because I’m so paranoid about making things worse) however, I could have sworn that even briefly experimenting with MSM gave me strong nails for the first time in my life and a bit of a hormone boost, and it definitely didn’t hurt my veins at the time. I may need to try again.
Be sure to keep copper pills close by. The copper sulfate sounds interesting.

I hate chelated minerals, they give me brainfog, so I mostly prefer them in glycinate form.

In case you need to repair the lining of the endothelium, it uses a lot of sulfate and silicon, to help forming collagen.

I suppose moly would also increase the need for magnesium.

Julles

you already digged a lot.

This will seem like a cliché but here it goes. After recently seeing for the first time that documentary "The Game Changers" where they talking about meat vs veggies and endothelial function I was set on testing that.
Because one of the main things I always noticed on my health ups and downs was my breathing, I mean if I feel great and healthy my breathing will be free, effortless, even to full lungs! If I am feeling shitty, less energy, my breathing will be constricted needing to make efforts to fill the lungs, I have always been very conscious of my breathing and lungs. before seeing this piece I even thought it had something to do with lung lubrication liquid or something. How is your breathing?

It seems the lungs are covered with some such endothelial cells. So I went on to test this meat free way and WOW! my lungs and breathing have never been so free and easy and young! breathing is just so smooth! What a difference! and then I started feeling positive differences in other areas as well... I atribute that to the better endothelial function. I might be wrong but...

red meat and endothelial function - Google Search
The theory goes that (at least in some people) red meat will very much worsen endothelial function in the whole body.

redsun

I appreciate your reply @redsun and I think you may be onto something by focusing on histamine, it would explain why things are so centered on the veins because of vasodilation. Histamine has always been my nemesis and I do find that the one antihistamine I can tolerate (Zyrtec) stabilizes the situation a bit (the veins look less angry even though they’re still damaged) but I actually had to stop taking it for a period when my adrenaline became even a bigger problem. Apparently histamine opposes adrenaline and the serious heart palpitations I was having in the winter stopped when I quit Zyrtec for a while. I think I’m going to add it back in just to get some stability and try to do other things to ameliorate adrenaline. I have to clarify though that it’s not a matter only on bulging veins but rather they are also very blue, painful (including the ones in my hands and arms) and accompanied with spider veins.

I will meditate on your post some more because that’s a good point about the mismatch between vasodilating and vasoconstricting forces in the body.
Do you get much bioavailable calcium in your diet? Calcium as well as choline and zinc are probably the nutrients you need to be most mindful of when it comes to controlling adrenaline.

Z

Zsazsa

I forgot to mention that biotin and glutamine are wonderful to help incresing the appetite.

B

Blaze

Summary of events: in 2019 (I was a 30 y.o woman) I was eating a basically zero pufa diet with tons of carbs and coconut oil while also taking molybdenum which was giving me a huge boost in energy and mood seemingly from the improved liver detox. This was a month long experiment that ended when I suddenly began to experience numerous blue veins, many of which were bulging, mainly in my feet and hands and a few in my temples. I also had severe fatigue and seemingly low hormones-my skin got very dry, I felt tired and sexless. I eventually assumed this was copper related and just kind of took a ton of chelated copper for like a year and things stopped getting worse even though I didn’t have improvement in the veins. I got into a happy relationship and just generally felt more optimistic and continued testing different diets to correct my mast cell problems and histamine intolerance which is really the genesis of all of this health experimentation.

I also had the pfizer vaxx last summer and it triggered a severe Epstein Barr reactivation (I just kept being sick from the vaccine until I went in and got diagnosed with mono) that I think may have primed my body for a worse reaction to the copper chelation 6 months later. I also know that some people with post-vaxx issues experience endothelial problems and bulging veins, and it’s also a Covid thing (to my knowledge I never got Covid)
I'll be blunt and try to be a good friend with my best advice , hopefully without offending you in the process. The situation has you beyond concerned and then when you look at your hands and feet it feeds the fear that something is going wrong inside you. Then, you do what all of us do when suffering from stress and you take measures to try to save yourself from what you are going through by researching and obsess to extremes studying everything to try and learn what you need to to improve your situation.

Possibilities:

1. High stress that goes unresolved and unresolved fear coupled with improper sleep and depression or anxiety will impede the bodies healing/regeneration. You have got to find a way to be triumphant over stress.

2. You are eating too frequently and the body is diverting energy to digestion all the time and when it does that the normal maintenance it needs to perform is being delayed/diverted. Get sufficient calories but perhaps eat just easily digested foods for breakfast and dinner and give your body a rest in between to see if that does anything good for you. Do not go hypocaloric , eat sufficient protein and carbs.

3. Spider veins/ endothelial issues could be deficits of vitamin K or folate or C or many others. Folate , vitamin B and vitamin B12 are important to help prevent blood clots and spider veins. B3 helps blood circulation. That being said, I favor you avoiding all supplements to fix your issue with the exception of vitamin K.

4. Metabolic dysfunction interfering with energy production and healing. High blood triglycerides or blood sugar damages tissues. Any metabolic syndrome should be tested for and ruled out. Liver panel also should be done.

5. You could have a hormonal imbalance. Your and my sense of well being is intimately linked to our hormones.

I am reduced to just educated guessing , so you decide for yourself if any of my premises indeed hold any weight. I will say, until you control your stress , no measure you take will fix you. Controlling stress and dealing with what mentally tortures you , out of necessity, must be the primary step you focus upon. Good things will then follow.

Best of luck to you. Be strong and powerful and hopeful in the face of adversity. I have every confidence you can improve your situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

artist

Thanks @Zsazsa !

@redsun until pretty recently I always reacted very poorly to calcium supplements, but they don’t overstimulate me these days like they used to. Maybe it’s the boron! I’ll go back to trying to take at least 50% of the RDA again. Zinc is too vasodilating for me these days and makes my veins hurt (idk if it can actually chelate copper but either way it causes some problem there), and I react super badly to choline and even excessive high choline foods these days. Almost makes me wonder if my methylation is turned up too high because I’ve eaten a really high meat/eggs diet and taken a lot of methylation supplements in the last year.

@Blaze no offense taken! Your message is really sweet and helpful. You’re right, my stress over this is taking a big toll and I need to relax more. I think I’ve become prone to not eating enough which isn’t helping. I also agree that other deficiencies could be possible. I feel in some ways that if only copper were the problem then things would have played out differently than they are. I’m missing something..
Either way I will try to be more brave. Sometimes I get very very down about this to the point that I feel like my life is over.

@Tim Lundeen i actually tried Mitosynergy in 2019 and I can’t say it made my problem worse, but I couldn’t financially commit to more than one bottle…

To be honest, the one obvious nutrient I haven’t tried til now is B3 and I had been taking a B complex (Jarrow B Right) that was high in everything except low in B3. I took a big dose of niacinamide yesterday with surprisingly no ill effects. Considering I react badly to even moderate quantities of pretty much everything else, maybe I hit upon something here. I’m wonder if an outright deficiency is even possible in my case, I usually hit the RDA these days but my digestion is also really bad.

I also am dealing with neuropathy that feels like raindrops on my skin and it especially happens in the area where a new vein appears. But it’s kind of random, could be anywhere and usually just one “drop” at a time every few hours or so. For a while there I was getting more tingling and numbness (back of hands, fingers, upper lip, eye area) that has resided but I do not know why this has replaced it

B

Blaze

@Blaze no offense taken! Your message is really sweet and helpful. You’re right, my stress over this is taking a big toll and I need to relax more. I think I’ve become prone to not eating enough which isn’t helping. I also agree that other deficiencies could be possible. I feel in some ways that if only copper were the problem then things would have played out differently than they are. I’m missing something..
Either way I will try to be more brave. Sometimes I get very very down about this to the point that I feel like my life is over.

I also am dealing with neuropathy that feels like raindrops on my skin and it especially happens in the area where a new vein appears. But it’s kind of random, could be anywhere and usually just one “drop” at a time every few hours or so. For a while there I was getting more tingling and numbness (back of hands, fingers, upper lip, eye area) that has resided but this is still kind of concerning.
Not eating enough causes all sorts of issues. If you and I were going to build a house, we would buy enough bricks and wood and other materials to get that done.
Your body is your house. If you go hypocaloric then the body must prioritize what to do with the raw materials you provided and what to neglect. Not eating enough is never a good idea and a very underestimated cause of poor healing and since it raises cortisol to mobilize tissue for calories, a huge contributer to stress and anxiety.

As to the neuropathy, my heart goes out to you. That is among some of the most bothersome symptoms people can have being surpassed only by chronic pain which is worse. A grain/gluten sensitivity can cause that in some people. Try watching a few Dr. Peter Osborne videos and you'll have a good idea how some people have been fixed by eliminating grains.
Be skeptical, however. For Dr. Osborne, no denying he's smart, but he thinks it's a total panacea and fixes everyone, but in real life that is rarely the case. He is impressive however and his crash courses on vitamins and minerals are among the best I've ever seen on ytube.

Z

Zsazsa

I forgot to mention that Roi Boos and stinging nettle teas are both good sources of copper and used for their anti-histamine properties.
Green tea is wonderful for recovery from hormone imbalances, as well as excellent for histamine and glutamate issues due to quercetin and maganese content.

Even though is it proven that stress plays a huge role in any kind of ailment, in my experience many times it can be secondary to the ailment itself.

Comforting words are always welcome, but there is a thin line between kindness and downplay of real underlying metabolic issues ("it's all in your head").

B

Blaze

I forgot to mention that Roi Boos and stinging nettle teas are both good sources of copper and used for their anti-histamine properties.
Green tea is wonderful for recovery from hormone imbalances, as well as excellent for histamine and glutamate issues due to quercetin and maganese content.

Even though is it proven that stress plays a huge role in any kind of ailment, in my experience many times it can be secondary to the ailment itself.

Comforting words are always welcome, but there is a thin line between kindness and downplay of real underlying metabolic issues ("it's all in your head").
Shocking after reading all the others who generously took their time to respond, that you could even draw that conclusion or trivialize kindness. Not one poster here posted it was all in her head, or inferred it, or downplayed any metabolic possibilities, so not sure where your remark came from. Every poster I read here had good suggestions (including you). As for myself, I posted in detail 5 possible causes, which included metabolic issues and hormones and diet among others, hoping one or more ideas would apply and perhaps inspire her or give the required help that was asked for.

Z

Zsazsa

Shocking after reading all the others who generously took their time to respond, that you could even draw that conclusion or trivialize kindness. Not one poster here posted it was all in her head, or inferred it, or downplayed any metabolic possibilities, so not sure where your remark came from. Every poster I read here had good suggestions (including you). As for myself, I posted in detail 5 possible causes, which included metabolic issues and hormones and diet among others, hoping one or more ideas would apply and perhaps inspire her or give the required help that was asked for.
My intention was not to attack your kindness, but report that I had to deal with a lot of "you are imagining things" in my life and to reseach everything by myself.

I admit that I tend to skip some details for the sake of prioritizing the essential info I am trying to transmit, and apologize for that.

Brian Douglas

A thought: systemic vasodilation could be indicative of high blood pressure; regional may be indicative of calcification. Arginase would be tasked either way to moderate as systemic means NO will be wreaking havoc in the brain via ROS. Have you considered K2 &/or proteolytic enzymes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals