Messed Up My Copper Levels: Don't Do This (please Help)

artist

Hi everyone

I have been contending w/ a new problem since about June. I had been supplementing 1mg/day molybdenum in a hope of dealing with issues tolerating thiols. I was humming along on this diet and protocol and feeling like I had finally figured all my problems out. After about 2 months of doing this I abruptly started having broken capillaries, the beginnings of varicose veins, bulging veins on my hands/feet/arms/temples, sharp pains in the veins in my feet, bruising around my ankles, and worsened allergy shiners. The veins in my right arm crook now permanently stick out. Molybdenum strongly opposes copper and can remove it from the body, much more strongly than even zinc which I've previously also supplemented.

After some trial and error I concluded I had messed up my copper levels and started aggressively supplementing copper glycinate and well as chlorophyll, total 4-10 mg copper per day. The problem seemed to be very slowly subsiding (taking horse chestnut may have helped as well).

However, any small amount of zinc supplement will now set me back almost to the beginning of my recovery from this problem (another clue that I'm right about the deficiency). I have histamine intolerance and people with HIT theoretically have heavier demands on copper due to its need in enzymes that break histamine down and tend to have low levels. Having experimented with zinc to deal with some estrogen and viral issues the other week I'm now dealing with worsened vein problems all over. Fluid pools under my eyes more easily which is particularly stressful for me. Energy drinks seem to make the problem much worse as well.

Obviously I don't plan on supplementing zinc anymore (maybe ever again). But is it possible for my copper status to be that delicate? I find it so strange yet it seems to be the case. I want to get my levels up enough that I have some buffer but it seems harder then expected.

I don't have health insurance but I'm considering paying out of pocket for some blood tests, however I have heard they aren't very conclusive for mineral status. Does anyone have ideas about this ? I'm considering taking larger quantities of copper but I understand it can be dangerous.

Last edited:

Gone Peating

I took copper sulfate and it noticeably darkened most of the few small grey hairs in my beard

I think mineral tests are a huge rabbit hole you don't want to go down. Just treat the symptoms

LUH 3417

Are you sure it’s not related to NO or enforcing? RP once shared with me via email exchange that endotoxins was responsible for bulging veins.

I took copper sulfate and it noticeably darkened most of the few small grey hairs in my beard

I think mineral tests are a huge rabbit hole you don't want to go down. Just treat the symptoms

What Brand,Dose,Duration please?

Also,if known,what quantity and sources,Foods, of your background consumption of Cu?

Last edited:

Gone Peating

What Brand,Dose,Duration please?

Also,if known,what quantity and sources,Foods, of your background consumption of Cu?

I also took copper chelate at the same time, not sure which helped more. I just found some stuff doing a quick search online about why copper sulfate is toxic so I wouldn't recommend it.

At least copper chelate is an organic form (has carbon in it) so i hope it's safer, but i have no idea tbh

I also took copper chelate at the same time, not sure which helped more. I just found some stuff doing a quick search online about why copper sulfate is toxic so I wouldn't recommend it.

At least copper chelate is an organic form (has carbon in it) so i hope it's safer, but i have no idea tbh

Can you answer the other questions of amount,dosage,estimated food-copper-intake,for how long.

Gone Peating

Can you answer the other questions of amount,dosage,estimated food-copper-intake,for how long.

I would take 2mg copper a night either a swanson copper chelate pill or liquid copper sulfate. Did it for a little over a month

Probably get between 1-2mg of copper daily through diet and also eat 6oz of beef liver once a week

I would take 2mg copper a night either a swanson copper chelate pill or liquid copper sulfate. Did it for a little over a month

Probably get between 1-2mg of copper daily through diet and also eat 6oz of beef liver once a week

Tanks for the heads-up!
what brand and ingreedients had the liquid preparation?

Last edited:

Lejeboca

Hi everyone

I have been contending w/ a new problem since about June. I had been supplementing 1mg/day molybdenum in a hope of dealing with issues tolerating thiols. I was humming along on this diet and protocol and feeling like I had finally figured all my problems out. After about 2 months of doing this I abruptly started having broken capillaries, the beginnings of varicose veins, bulging veins on my hands/feet/arms/temples, sharp pains in the veins in my feet, bruising around my ankles, and worsened allergy shiners. The veins in my right arm crook now permanently stick out. Molybdenum strongly opposes copper and can remove it from the body, much more strongly than even zinc which I've previously also supplemented.

After some trial and error I concluded I had messed up my copper levels and started aggressively supplementing copper glycinate and well as chlorophyll, total 4-10 mg copper per day. The problem seemed to be very slowly subsiding (taking horse chestnut may have helped as well).

However, any small amount of zinc supplement will now set me back almost to the beginning of my recovery from this problem (another clue that I'm right about the deficiency). I have histamine intolerance and people with HIT theoretically have heavier demands on copper due to its need in enzymes that break histamine down and tend to have low levels. Having experimented with zinc to deal with some estrogen and viral issues the other week I'm now dealing with worsened vein problems all over. Fluid pools under my eyes more easily which is particularly stressful for me. Energy drinks seem to make the problem much worse as well.

Obviously I don't plan on supplementing zinc anymore (maybe ever again). But is it possible for my copper status to be that delicate? I find it so strange yet it seems to be the case. I want to get my levels up enough that I have some buffer but it seems harder then expected.

I don't have health insurance but I'm considering paying out of pocket for some blood tests, however I have heard they aren't very conclusive for mineral status. Does anyone have ideas about this ? I'm considering taking larger quantities of copper but I understand it can be dangerous.

I've heard Dr. Peat saying that iron displaces copper. I'd decrease the amount of red meat, and maybe donate blood.

I've also noticed that copper levels are very delicate for me. Sometime back (before peating) I was megadosing on Vit. C, which opposes copper as well, and started to get sties under my left eye.

golder

Why is copper sulphate toxic? I just bought a liquid copper sulphate and was hoping to use it before bed.

Why is copper sulphate toxic? I just bought a liquid copper sulphate and was hoping to use it before bed.

Copper Sulfate as far as i know,is the reference substance for copper deficiency.
i would not worry too much,you see,there is still hope left for usage before bed!

golder

might be worth me throwing the sulphate away and going for the chelate?

Why should it be toxic?

OP
A

artist

I have read (and it seems true from my brief experiences) that copper is absorbed better on a fattier diet. Can't find proper references for this but my veins and skin became better quite quickly that way on the few stretches I tried it. Hard to say if it was just from lowered endotoxin though. I like low fat diets for other reasons (Peat reasons and also for my mood) and had been eating very low fat and low animal foods (the latter being simple unwise imo) which may have heavily contributed to my problem. Gonna see if switching to high fat for a month helps

I'm a little unsure about things like vitamin C, taurine, vitamin D, etc whether they help with copper transport or will make my problem worse. Still a lot to sort through.

OP
A

artist

Are you sure it’s not related to NO or enforcing? RP once shared with me via email exchange that endotoxins was responsible for bulging veins.
Those definitely make it worse but I basically started to have system-wide break down of my veins/capillaries very abruptly. Endotoxin/histamine has always been able to make my veins puff up a bit but it was nothing like it is now.

LUH 3417

I’m having similar issues regarding the bulging veins, especially in my arm crook. I was never able to even see my veins there unless I really stretched my arm and looked but now they are completely visible. I was supplementing 10mg zinc and switched to copper plus zinc. I notice though that after switching I get those little white spots on my nails that are supposed to be a sign of low zinc.

I’m having similar issues regarding the bulging veins, especially in my arm crook. I was never able to even see my veins there unless I really stretched my arm and looked but now they are completely visible. I was supplementing 10mg zinc and switched to copper plus zinc. I notice though that after switching I get those little white spots on my nails that are supposed to be a sign of low zinc.

what type of zinc,what type of copper,amounts,NaCl intake?

LUH 3417

what type of zinc,what type of copper,amounts,NaCl intake?
I was taking Swanson zinc orotate 10mg and switched to Jarrow Zn/cu balance 15mg zn sulfate/1mg cu gluconate

I don’t really use much salt in my food anymore I’ve always been hypotensive until I began salting to taste and my readings at the doctors are never lower than 130/90 since going liberal on the salt. Sometimes even as high as 150/110.

Last edited:
I was taking Swanson zinc orotate 10mg and switched to Jarrow Zn/cu balance 15mg zn sulfate/1mg cu gluconate

I don’t really use much salt in my food anymore I’ve always been hypotensive until I began salting to taste and my readings at the doctors are never lower than 130/90 since going liberal on the salt. Sometimes even as high as 150/110.

the imperfections in the nails can also come from insufficient B6.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals