Lower acetylcholine how?

tommyg130

How to lower acetylcholine? Does anybody know what the Enzyme Acetylcholinesterase uses to breakdown acetylcholine and make sure it doesn’t get too high?

but honestly not much. My sensitivity to indoor light Is strong. Dialated pupils. Chronic stress/PTSD. Horrible reaction to choline supplements. Ate 12 eggs a day for years. High TMAO.

Im trying to fix lifestyle obviously as it’s largely involved. I just know I have an overactivation of the cholinergic system. High estrogen too and those go hand in hand.

I’ve fixed a lot of things, but this stress cycle /inescapable stress is lingering. I’ve heard ray say an overactivation of cholinergic system leads to elevated NO,
Which poisons the ability of the the body to oxidize gluecose into carbon dioxide. Would
This ultimately lead to low blood volume?

I have high elevated dopamine, which to me point towards This elevated AC too. Non functional dopamine. Insensitive. Low Norepinephrine.

I think copper toxicity/lack of useable copper and iron overload in the liver is a main suspect especially w the dopamine/NE issue.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

youngsinatra

How to lower acetylcholine? Does anybody know what the Enzyme Acetylcholinesterase uses to breakdown acetylcholine and make sure it doesn’t get too high?

but honestly not much. My sensitivity to indoor light Is strong. Dialated pupils. Chronic stress/PTSD. Horrible reaction to choline supplements. Ate 12 eggs a day for years. High TMAO.

Im trying to fix lifestyle obviously as it’s largely involved. I just know I have an overactivation of the cholinergic system. High estrogen too and those go hand in hand.

I’ve fixed a lot of things, but this stress cycle /inescapable stress is lingering. I’ve heard ray say an overactivation of cholinergic system leads to elevated NO,
Which poisons the ability of the the body to oxidize gluecose into carbon dioxide. Would

I have high elevated dopamine, which to me point towards This elevated AC too. Non functional dopamine. Insensitive. Low Norepinephrine.

I think copper toxicity/lack of useable copper and iron overload in the liver is a main suspect especially w the dopamine/NE issue.

Any thoughts ?
B2 helps to mobilize copper/iron from the liver into utilization and detoxification through the bile. I recently talked with someone who fixed his low ceruloplasmin and almost tripled it, and got his serum copper:ceruloplasmin ratio into the perfect balance with 10mg of B2 a day.

A riboflavin (generic, not R5P!) powder supplement is pretty cheap and you can easily dose it with a microspoon.

Just an idea.

OP
T

tommyg130

B2 helps to mobilize copper/iron from the liver into utilization and detoxification through the bile. I recently talked with someone who fixed his low ceruloplasmin and almost tripled it, and got his serum copper:ceruloplasmin ratio into the perfect balance with 10mg of B2 a day.

A riboflavin (generic, not R5P!) powder supplement is pretty cheap and you can easily dose it with a microspoon.

Just an idea.
Thank you. I have this solid b complex I’ve been holding off on. It’s r5p though. Do you think that form is actually no good? Or you were saying that plain b2 is fine, but both should be good ?

L Dallara ND

Any thoughts ?
How did you test for

youngsinatra

Thank you. I have this solid b complex I’ve been holding off on. It’s r5p though. Do you think that form is actually no good? Or you were saying that plain b2 is fine, but both should be good ?
I have read that many B vitamins depend on B2 for their activation (more specifically B6, folate and B12) and it gets easily depleted by taking other B vitamins. Many B complexes contain B6 and I get negative effects from B6 (P5P) so I take single separate B vitamins instead of a complex.

R5P is fine, but it will just get broken down to free B2 to get absorbed. It‘s just not necessary to spend extra money buying the fancy form.

OP
T

tommyg130

I have read that many B vitamins depend on B2 for their activation (more specifically B6, folate and B12) and it gets easily depleted by taking other B vitamins. Many B complexes contain B6 and I get negative effects from B6 (P5P) so I take single separate B vitamins instead of a complex.

R5P is fine, but it will just get broken down to free B2 to get absorbed. It‘s just not necessary to spend extra money buying the fancy form.
Interesting w the b6. Mine is very elevated while other b vitamins are fine. I think it’s mostly from a zinc deficiency, and b1 maybe b2 deficiency.

I’m unsure if it’s truly excess b6 or a lack of turnover of b6. I think you wrote on an old post that for elevated acetylcholine to stay away from zinc and probably a need for copper b6? And stay away from b1 because it stimulates acetylcholine? I’ve also seen it can lower elevated acetylcholine so idk!

Have you changed mind on that or ? I think bioavailable copper is huge obviously. Supplementing it sends me to the psych ward damn near though.

redsun

Any thoughts ?
Acetylcholine reduces sensitivity to light and constricts your pupils. If your Ach levels were high you would not have these dilated pupils and light sensitivity.

OP
T

tommyg130

Acetylcholine reduces sensitivity to light and constricts your pupils. If your Ach levels were high you would not have these dilated pupils and light sensitivity.
Oh , I have it backwards. Damn. Thank you.

redsun

Is low acetylcholine a likely cause for the light sensitivity? Bc it’s quite severe. Having trouble addressing this issue.
Yes. For me, this issue which I also have is basically nonexistent as long as I take vitamin E every morning in small amounts and get enough choline (600-700mg/day). Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol specifically) strongly enhances acetylcholine synthesis.

One drop of haidut's tocovit for example every morning should be enough vitamin E since it will give about 30 IU per drop. You can use other vitamin E oils as well and try to obtain 15mg or 22 IU of vitamin E which is the RDA. Whatever supplement you use should be primarily alpha tocopherol. You dont need a ton of choline but you do need some which will synergize well with vitamin E.