Morley robbins quack?

tommyg130

Apparenly the more I come across diff groups and pages I see really no reports of success w RCP. Actually a lot of ppl report worsening and no improvements. They say his demonization of Iron and pro copper is too exxegerated. And not everyone is actually iron overloaded or has recycling issues.

Some ppl just genuinely don’t absorb in or enough. Bc of many factors. Auto immune or just a host of reasons. Even drinking coffee and milk strongly blocks absorption. When someone is already LOW ferritin and has classic low iron symptoms maybe they are just actual low in iron. Morley has had people with a ferritin in single digits donate?? Absurd. Most ppl prob just need more liver and Vitamin C , and yes copper to help absorption. But doesn’t mean you should drive iron to the ground imo.

I for one feel better when I let iron and ferritin rise to above 100. When I get below 50 even still in “Range” I feel horrific. Even short term heme iron supps help big time. It’s not a recycling issue I have plenty of copper in my diet, and my ceuroplasm and vitamin A is high. Sometimes living too much of an anti iron lifestyle actually isn’t smart bc many of the things that are “healthy” lower iron. If you actually don’t absorb iron much this can be problematic.

OP
T

tommyg130

Apparenly the more I come across diff groups and pages I see really no reports of success w RCP. Actually a lot of ppl report worsening and no improvements. They say his demonization of Iron and pro copper is too exxegerated. And not everyone is actually iron overloaded or has recycling issues.

Some ppl just genuinely don’t absorb in or enough. Bc of many factors. Auto immune or just a host of reasons. Even drinking coffee and milk strongly blocks absorption. When someone is already LOW ferritin and has classic low iron symptoms maybe they are just actual low in iron. Morley has had people with a ferritin in single digits donate?? Absurd. Most ppl prob just need more liver and Vitamin C , and yes copper to help absorption. But doesn’t mean you should drive iron to the ground imo.

I for one feel better when I let iron and ferritin rise to above 100. When I get below 50 even still in “Range” I feel horrific. Even short term heme iron supps help big time. It’s not a recycling issue I have plenty of copper in my diet, and my ceuroplasm and vitamin A is high. Sometimes living too much of an anti iron lifestyle actually isn’t smart bc many of the things that are “healthy” lower iron. If you actually don’t absorb iron much this can be problematic.
I think sometimes he needs to swallow his pride after looking at blood work and say oh maybe this person is just okay on the copper to iron front of things. And they aren’t actually iron overloaded because of course not every ******* person suffers from the same 1 thing that he tries to make fit his narrative

redsun

This is a good post. Its not just about anemia, low ferritin is associated with several other issues such as anxiety, hypothyroidism, fatigue. Iron deficiency has been shown to lead to elevated catecholamines. Low iron is like a danger signal to the body. Iron is not just needed for the blood and but you need iron in your tissues to produce ATP, for many enzymes that are dependent on iron to make everything function properly. Anemia is the last stage of iron deficiency. If you are at the point where you are anemic, iron is already depleted in your tissues that need it as the blood is prioritized. Both high and low iron are bad but its much easier to deal with high iron (donating) than low iron.

The selfdecode website has a good article on this:

OP
T

tommyg130

This is a good post. Its not just about anemia, low ferritin is associated with several other issues such as anxiety, hypothyroidism, fatigue. Iron deficiency has been shown to lead to elevated catecholamines. Low iron is like a danger signal to the body. Iron is not just needed for the blood and but you need iron in your tissues to produce ATP, for many enzymes that are dependent on iron to make everything function properly. Anemia is the last stage of iron deficiency. If you are at the point where you are anemic, iron is already depleted in your tissues that need it as the blood is prioritized. Both high and low iron are bad but its much easier to deal with high iron (donating) than low iron.

The selfdecode website has a good article on this:

Yes anemia is once rbc and hemoglobin are also low. Iron deficient is low ferritin and iron serumn. My problem w Morley is when someone has low iron across the board w murmiome markers he still spins it like you’re iron overloaded.

OP
T

tommyg130

Yes anemia is once rbc and hemoglobin are also low. Iron deficient is low ferritin and iron serumn. My problem w Morley is when someone has low iron across the board w murmiome markers he still spins it like you’re iron overloaded.
I had decent makers (prob still low) , thought were high bc of RPC and donated twice and my ferritin which was at 100ish now hasn’t budged in two months from 31. That’s terribly low at my size being a male at 200lbs. I feel really really lousy atm

redsun

I had decent makers (prob still low) , thought were high bc of RPC and donated twice and my ferritin which was at 100ish now hasn’t budged in two months from 31. That’s terribly low at my size being a male at 200lbs. I feel really really lousy atm
Usually though because you are male you should be able to absorb iron more easily. Unless your T is low.

OP
T

tommyg130

Usually though because you are male you should be able to absorb iron more easily. Unless your T is low.
I’m on trt… I mean I’ve been slamming coffee after meals , and milk cheese both coffee and calcium strongly inhibit iron so I think I just became an iron inhibiting machine and learned the hard way as I came to my senses. As I stop that and start eating live and stop donating I hope it rises w out much efforrt,, bc ik many women have a really hard time raising iron even w supplements . And I think it’s critical to not wait to long to become anemic like you said. I’m going to use a heme iron supplant which is iron directly from the spleen of a grass fed cow “20mg “ per capsule

redsun

I’m on trt… I mean I’ve been slamming coffee after meals , and milk cheese both coffee and calcium strongly inhibit iron so I think I just became an iron inhibiting machine and learned the hard way as I came to my senses. As I stop that and start eating live and stop donating I hope it rises w out much efforrt,, bc ik many women have a really hard time raising iron even w supplements . And I think it’s critical to not wait to long to become anemic like you said. I’m going to use a heme iron supplant which is iron directly from the spleen of a grass fed cow “20mg “ per capsule
I see yeh that'll do it. I mean the coffee itself isnt that bad but if you consume a lot of milk/cheese/dairy on top of that it may be hard to replete iron even on trt.

Nice. Yeh thats a lot of iron and very absorbable form so I am curious to see how it goes for you.

Last edited:

Phosphor

I have just been reading his book, because an RN friend of mine was so taken by it. I was doing great until I read the following passage (quote:)

"When I first became aware of this process of sunlight converting cholesterol chemicals into vitamin D, I wanted to understand more about the physics of light. It’s an absolutely fascinating subject. The key is that light has a frequency and that frequency is 126 hertz (Hz). This frequency is measured as a wavelength in nanometers, and it’s 560 nanometers, which is the exact same wavelength of green light. Even though the sun appears yellow, it’s emitting the frequency of green light, which is why plants that are green relate to the sun. Green wavelengths of light are critical for photosynthesis. Please know, even more demanding and dynamic than copper <> iron metabolism is the physics of light. It is extraordinary!"

He CLEARLY has zero understanding of the above to the point where I can't even make a sensible comment. If I apply that lack of ability to understand to the rest of his book, I simply set it aside.

sunny

What is that heme iron supplement called?

OP
T

tommyg130

I see yeh that'll do it. I mean the coffee itself isnt that bad but if you consume a lot of milk/cheese/dairy on top of that it may be hard to do replete iron even on trt.

Nice. Yeh thats a lot of iron and very absorbable form so I am curious to see how it goes for you.
Will keep it
What is that heme iron supplement called?
Simply Heme. If you google
It it will come up right away

youngsinatra

Did you ever measure your copper status?

I know some who have low copper despite following the RCP for a year roughly. Morley Robbins himself spoke about the severity of copper depletion in the soil this year and added the advice to the RCP to actually supplement copper, because food isn‘t enough anymore for so many.

The RCP did not recommend copper supplementation in the past, but they do so now.

Fixing a copper deficiency is not that easy as it sounds. I am working on it for almost 6 months now.

I'm.No.One

I don't know I feel like this post could also be made about aspects of Pete's work, especially when you consider how many people have to take handfuls of supplements just to handle the amount of carbohydrates they eat.

So the way you're annoyed at Morley for always saying "it's an iron overload issue!" could be replaced with "You need to eat more sugar & take mexican thyroid pills"

Not trying to start a fight for "prove what I mean".

I'm just saying I also know people who pro-metabolic eating has harmed/made things worse.

Ultimately it's up to the individual to see what protocol may or may not help them versus a "this guy agitates me because I don't agree with what he's teaching" mindset.

Truthfully right now the RCP is the only thing that has made a difference in the horrendous reactive hypoglycemia I developed after eating pro-metabolic for a few years now.

(Side note, anyone notice there's not really a dedicated place to discuss diabetes/blood sugar issues that people develop following Pete's work? Just saying.)

Honestly I think the two protocols almost need to be combined especially when you consider how mineral depleting sugar/aspirin can be & how depleted food is to begin with on top of how limited people's diets become following Pete's work.

Just my thoughts, don't murder me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals