Mitolife Radio - Arthritis, Pregnancy And Acne With Morley Robbins

ExCarniv

If you can get your hands on some good bee pollen it might be good source. Plus the B vitamins.

Bee pollen have good amount of copper? Didn't know it, googled it the nutritional values and didn't show copper or enough Bs

Dave Clark

Bee pollen have good amount of copper? Didn't know it, googled it the nutritional values and didn't show copper or enough Bs
Yet Morley tells people to use bee pollen exclusively to get their B vitamins. Which, I have never seen them promoted as being a concentrated source of Bs, but rather trace amounts of various nutrients. Of course, Morley also promotes cod liver oil. He has some good ideas, then some that make you shake your head.

ExCarniv

Yet Morley tells people to use bee pollen exclusively to get their B vitamins. Which, I have never seen them promoted as being a concentrated source of Bs, but rather trace amounts of various nutrients. Of course, Morley also promotes cod liver oil. He has some good ideas, then some that make you shake your head.

Yes, to get enough B you need to eat tons of it, that's was always my thought about Bee pollen.

The things I agree with Robbins are Magnesium importance, Copper/Iron disbalance, and against Vit D supplementation.

Lucas

Yes, to get enough B you need to eat tons of it, that's was always my thought about Bee pollen.

The things I agree with Robbins are Magnesium importance, Copper/Iron disbalance, and against Vit D supplementation.
Is interesting that after I began taking vitamin D3 supplements I become hypothyroid.

I think I will drop it for 3 months and see what’s happens. I see no benefit on taking it.

_lppaiva

Copper is tricky. If you Google vitamin C it also won't show that is has copper

I believe bioavalibility may also be an issue. Perhaps bee polen has more copper in a complex structure, like Vitamin C has.

I also wouldn't consider vitamin C such a good source, but people recommend it so Idk.

My main issue is why things like iron overload of vegetables, copper deficiency, etc don't show up when we measure nutrients in food

_lppaiva

Is interesting that after I began taking vitamin D3 supplements I become hypothyroid.

I think I will drop it for 3 months and see what’s happens. I see no benefit on taking it.

Vitamin D without magnesium is pointless as Conversion of to the active form needs magnesium. My thoughts is you either depleated Magnesium by consuming it or perhaps depleted vitamin A.

Lucas

Vitamin D without magnesium is pointless as Conversion of to the active form needs magnesium. My thoughts is you either depleated Magnesium by consuming it or perhaps depleted vitamin A.
Hum, vitamin A I will get from liver, and magnesium I only take at night because any form of magnesium (even malate) sedates me.

How much D3? clinical signs or lab results?

Lucas

How much D3? clinical signs or lab results?
5.000 iu each day. Never tested my D3 without taking it. It is around 70.

Before taking D3 I don’t had symptoms of thyroid disease. Than after, my cholesterol gets up to around 400 and TSH to 6.

My worst symptoms are joint pain on my knees, heavy legs sensation, and my hair recessed. This started around 5 years ago.

postman

I had started beef liver a while ago, but could not ignore that I didn't quite feel right on it. I wanted the copper, retinol, etc. but I am just wondering if the high iron was doing it, not sure. Anyway, I stopped liver, and sought out other sources of retinol and copper, sources that are not high in iron. And, if I wanted to join the anti- A crew, I would only need a source for copper, which is easy to do.
What foods are low in A and high in copper? Other than PUFA nuts?

Dave Clark

What foods are low in A and high in copper? Other than PUFA nuts?
Well, foods like cacao, shellfish, leafy greens (low in retinol, but not carotene) shitake mushrooms, sweet potatoes (same deal as greens), most foods like sesame, avocado, etc,, etc. all have good copper, but PUFAs as well.

postman

Well, foods like cacao, shellfish, leafy greens (low in retinol, but not carotene) shitake mushrooms, sweet potatoes (same deal as greens), most foods like sesame, avocado, etc,, etc. all have good copper, but PUFAs as well.
Cacao would be a pretty good choice but it makes me tired, it's probably the iron content because everything with iron seems to make me feel that way. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.

Been eating some shrimp, it's pretty nice but unfortunately it's not a low VA food. Some nutritional databses say it has hundreds of IU of retinol per 100g, other say it has zero, so it's a bit of mystery. What's not a mystery is that it has plenty of carotenoids, a lot of astaxanthin.

lampofred

5.000 iu each day. Never tested my D3 without taking it. It is around 70.

Before taking D3 I don’t had symptoms of thyroid disease. Than after, my cholesterol gets up to around 400 and TSH to 6.

My worst symptoms are joint pain on my knees, heavy legs sensation, and my hair recessed. This started around 5 years ago.

Did the vitamin D cause any physical symptoms of hypothyroidism? Or did it just cause cholesterol and TSH to go up in labs?

boris

@postman good to know, I usually don't exceed once a week. I find the temperature rise I get from the iodine(?) in them pleasant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals