Ferritin isn’t accurate. My crazy iron issues

tommyg130

Ferritin isn’t accurate.

Been trying to figure out iron overload/ferritin. For quite some time during a really bad period of adrenal fatigue following steroids/crashed sodium potassium my iron levels went really low across the board.

While at the same time my vitamin A in blood skyrocketed. I’m not so sure ferritin is an accurate measurement of tissue iron.

During this time My health was really bad. Frankly as bad as it could get. Dangerously bad. Horrific liver, sky high cholesterol, non existent hormones, lost 40lbs, autistic moments forgetting who I was etc.

My iron was tanked in blood. I donated 3 times when it was already low. I have made some huge strides in the past 2 months by quitting the job I hated, stopping coffee, (letting adrenal heal) stopping vitamin A foods, supplementing zinc.

My ferritin went from a level of 31 to 202. In less than 2 months. insane. No iron supps. This is why I think ferritin isn’t an accurate picture of iron in the body. This must have been stored in my liver and as I’m healing it’s coming out and making its way towards transferrin; it’s end product. Also my hemoglobin hematocrit were always high and now they lowered and ferritin rose. The iron was maybe locked up too in those and now that it’s in ferritin i see that as good. It’s on its way to where it needs to get.

There’s no way I accumulated all that iron in 2 months. It had to have been in me already? And fixing vitamin A toxicity(which is plenty real) especially under poor thyroid function seems to big. Zinc too. Zinc is huge for vitamin A toxicity and has just as much a role in iron metabolism as copper.(overlooked for some reason)

I’m not sure if vitamin A toxicity caused the iron overload or iron overload caused the A toxicity. Chicken or the egg. Vitamin A toxicity causes cholestasis which I think leads to iron overload.

I think the key is too not donate before you get iron metabsolsim working. Because then you are only donating the iron you do need in the blood and not actually addressing tissue iron and hurting
Yourself. And adrenal health needs to be in play before donating because donating is a stress to the system.

I seem to be getting overwhelmed by the iron ”detox” and I think pregneleone/progesterone/zinc are crucial in pushing the iron to where it needs to go. Any thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals